EVO Bolt-on Coilovers question

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the lower ring moves easy but the upper one doesn't even after plenty of wd40. Mallet and screwdriver......nice and easy. I'm noticing no ice coming from coilovers mainly from the rear ones, is that normal? Also thanks for the help.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Are you adjusting down. If so there’s an o ring between the timing rings. Need to move the upper ring up and then shimmy the o ring down. Hope that’s the issue. Ice?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What gobicon said^^^ there is an o ring in between the two rings. So move the upper ring up and then you can just cut the o ring out.

deezus

What gobicon said^^^ there is an o ring in between the two rings. So move the upper ring up and then you can just cut the o ring out.
Noise....sorry. Didn't see that O ring but it was late. What color is it? because I didn't see one.
Still working on ride height as well...

Gobicon2017

If it is look at the shock mounts that you installed. They may be hitting the tub. Mine was and I placed a piece of rubber mud flap in between the frame and tub. That solved the noise in the rear.

You are going to hear the coil overs all the time. Nature of the beast. I’m about to add agm sliders which quiet them down quite a bit.

deezus

If it is look at the shock mounts that you installed. They may be hitting the tub. Mine was and I placed a piece of rubber mud flap in between the frame and tub. That solved the noise in the rear.

You are going to hear the coil overs all the time. Nature of the beast. I’m about to add agm sliders which quiet them down quite a bit.

Ok thanks....The king bumps in the front I my came with 2 set screws in the top ring, am I missing the ones for the bottom or should I just use 1 set screw top and bottom?

deezus

Thanks I also noticed that the fuel line bracket is loose in between frame and body so I'm gonna put some isolators there and above shock.....really can hear the coilover anymore with 2pac playing haha

Gobicon2017

Hey what PSI are you running?

Working on that know. Trying to piece together a fill kit. Most from what I’m seeing on here is around 180psi. I’m going to check mine and slowly dial it down. If that doesn’t smooth it out a little then I’ll try different spring weights.

deezus

Working on that know. Trying to piece together a fill kit. Most from what I’m seeing on here is around 180psi. I’m going to check mine and slowly dial it down. If that doesn’t smooth it out a little then I’ll try different spring weights.

Higher pressure equals stiffer ride???

Gobicon2017

Higher pressure equals stiffer ride???

Not completely from what i hear. Ideally you want to use valving to dial in a nitrogen shocks as well as the best spring weight based on the weight on all 4 corners.

Lowering tire pressure helps a lot. I run my 35 nittos at 30psi. With that alone I noticed better manners. Lowering the valve pressure helps as well.

Higher pressure does not always mean stiffer ride!!!! Between the coils and psi in the shocks I think I can get it where I want it without lowering the psi to much🤨

deezus

Not completely from what i hear. Ideally you want to use valving to dial in a nitrogen shocks as well as the best spring weight based on the weight on all 4 corners.

Lowering tire pressure helps a lot. I run my 35 nittos at 30psi. With that alone I noticed better manners. Lowering the valve pressure helps as well.

Higher pressure does not always mean stiffer ride!!!! Between the coils and psi in the shocks I think I can get it where I want it without lowering the psi to much🤨

Gotcha. I'm running 37s at 28psi but my lift is at 5" but it's only a starting point. It's mostly level all around so now I'm gonna take the rake out then lower to about 4 1/4 or so....

Last edited:
Top Bottom