EVO cage

Buster3479

I must be a man alone here, but I don't want the grab handles on this cage, the Rockhard cage, or Grab bars. I'm happy with my soft handles and my passengers bang their head on enough stuff while wheeling.

dillard09

I must be a man alone here, but I don't want the grab handles on this cage, the Rockhard cage, or Grab bars. I'm happy with my soft handles and my passengers bang their head on enough stuff while wheeling.
I have both handle and find myself using the grab bar the majority of the time getting in. I know my wife uses it everytime getting in. It is a something that is not necessarily needed but is used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

I have both handle and find myself using the grab bar the majority of the time getting in. I know my wife uses it everytime getting in. It is a something that is not necessarily needed but is used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Dillard. I'd have to try them, and I'm sure if I had them they'd get used. I just never thought, wow, I wish I had a hard handle right here. If I can ever get off when Cozdude and the others are up at RC, I'll have to check it out in person. We're always up there a weekend before or after, and have to work when they are there.

Journeyman

If any of you guys and girls are on Instagram. Evo mfg posted a great video today of the display jeep that's got all their new stuff.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I'd like to combine certain aspects of the two. I like the EVO side pieces and lower dash piece but I prefer the Rock Hard upper bar and cross piece to the rear. I still have to see the EVO in person to make a final decision, but I'm leaning toward the Rock Hard but without the grab handles. I have no use for them and I think they make the visibility worse.

Sharkey, I was thinking the same thing. How about make it all out of chromoly too.

JAGS

Hooked
yeah i know!! they are so original! i'm sure no other company ever made some that look nearly identical!

View attachment 225386

Have you seen the EVO ones in person? I doubt it or you wouldn't be talking shit right now.

There are no bends unlike that China owned shit you just posted. EVO just took it to the next level.

I'd also go with the new PJ fenders before I'd spend a dime on the PS ones.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Looks good. Which ones are made in america? :idontknow:

at one point the PS fenders were made here, but that didn't matter because they were steel and cause body damage if you introduce them to a hard place.

Have you seen the EVO ones in person? I doubt it or you wouldn't be talking shit right now.

There are no bends unlike that China owned shit you just posted. EVO just took it to the next level.

I'd also go with the new PJ fenders before I'd spend a dime on the PS ones.

i haven't seen them in person, i am stating my opinion on what has been shown here. if its not cast or milled, i'm not sure how you manipulate steel without bending it?

JAGS

Hooked
at one point the PS fenders were made here, but that didn't matter because they were steel and cause body damage if you introduce them to a hard place.

i haven't seen them in person, i am stating my opinion on what has been shown here. if its not cast or milled, i'm not sure how you manipulate steel without bending it?

It's not "bent" like many others. It is rolled so the curves are all smooth. You can even see several of the bends in the PS pic you posted.

EVOs does not have that.

Whether one wants steel fenders is a whole other discussion.

cartertripp

Aesthetically, I don't like it but at least consumers have another option on the market... I'll stick with the RH when I finally pull the trigger.

Ddays

Hooked
Hmmm. I like the EVO side pieces but like the round tubing of the RH KIT that matches the rest of the factory bars. Plus looks like you have to drill through the factory bars at the top of the A pillar to install the EVO kit. If the EVO kit bolted to the floor that might have pushed me towards it but I think I'm gonna go with the RH kit this Winter. I do like the fact that they went in another direction with the design so there's a totally different look to their kit though.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Anybody notice the front bumper is a little different. Looks like a Evo pro series minus the hoop. I prefer the original.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Anybody notice the front bumper is a little different. Looks like a Evo pro series minus the hoop. I prefer the original.
The option to get it without the hoop has been available for a few months now.

I also prefer the original.

Top Bottom