EVO coilovers with mid arms?

rtguy1

the rockstars mount onto the factory shock/control arm bracket. they are utilized with the bolt on coilovers or standard coil/shock suspension with stock control arms or long arms. the issue is that stock bracket is to be removed when using the high clearance brackets. otherwise it defeats the purpose of the "high clearance" setup

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
On the high clearance long arm you need the axle relocation brackets to correct the control geometry when moving the frame brackets higher.

You can not run the high clearance kit with coils and shocks. You would not have any wheel travel.

Jersey_Devil

OK then I'm utterly confused..... Then I don't know why wayoflife said I'm good to go on the thread I created.... I don't know why the folks over at Evo would tell me I can bolt that long arm kit right up and all I need are the BOLT ON brackets and all 8 long arms.... Is evo lying to get a sale? Are we all taking about the same kit here? I'm not trying to be a d*ck or an as*hole or anything like that, I just wanna know why I'm being told ten different things...... All I want to do is install ONLY LONGARM CONTROL ARMS, nothing else right now..... So I guess I'm back to the Rusty's or Teraflex longarms?

Like I said I'm not trying to be a d*ck I'm just confused now.....

jmeredith

Uggh I'm in the same boat! I think I got my setup figured out but I'm doing the high clearance kit and the coilovers at the same time .. but EVO isn't open till the 2nd so I cant call to verify. So many choices! :)

-J

SoCalDozer

OK then I'm utterly confused..... Then I don't know why wayoflife said I'm good to go on the thread I created.... I don't know why the folks over at Evo would tell me I can bolt that long arm kit right up and all I need are the BOLT ON brackets and all 8 long arms.... Is evo lying to get a sale? Are we all taking about the same kit here? I'm not trying to be a d*ck or an as*hole or anything like that, I just wanna know why I'm being told ten different things...... All I want to do is install ONLY LONGARM CONTROL ARMS, nothing else right now..... So I guess I'm back to the Rusty's or Teraflex longarms?

Like I said I'm not trying to be a d*ck I'm just confused now.....

I think it was just a misunderstanding about the long arm thing on the other thread. one guy linked the DoubleD kit which is the one you would need for your regular springs to make it work and when WoL replied he probably didnt click on the link that you posted going to the High Clearance kit and just read the long arm part.
It would have been the same thing with EVO im sure. they wouldnt sell you on a product that wouldnt work in your application unless it was a misunderstanding.

the High Clearance kit if you read the description says its designed for the EVO lever system since it doesnt need the low hanging mounts. any other suspension system will need the mounts down lower for the shocks to get any type of travel out of them.

Hope that clears things up for you. and You will have to call EVO and ask for the DoubleD kit without the suspension components and just the long arm kit to get it since it isnt on there site.

Jersey_Devil

i thought the high clearance brackets could ONLY be run with coilovers? I think you will need to go with the regular long arm kit and then upgrade to the high clearance brackets when you are ready for coilovers. I'm sure Wayoflife can clarify this.
I think its expensive to get black, like $800 expensive.

On the high clearance long arm you need the axle relocation brackets to correct the control geometry when moving the frame brackets higher.

You can not run the high clearance kit with coils and shocks. You would not have any wheel travel.

I think it was just a misunderstanding about the long arm thing on the other thread. one guy linked the DoubleD kit which is the one you would need for your regular springs to make it work and when WoL replied he probably didnt click on the link that you posted going to the High Clearance kit and just read the long arm part.
It would have been the same thing with EVO im sure. they wouldnt sell you on a product that wouldnt work in your application unless it was a misunderstanding.

the High Clearance kit if you read the description says its designed for the EVO lever system since it doesnt need the low hanging mounts. any other suspension system will need the mounts down lower for the shocks to get any type of travel out of them.

Hope that clears things up for you. and You will have to call EVO and ask for the DoubleD kit without the suspension components and just the long arm kit to get it since it isnt on there site.

Thank u..... I didn't think ppl would point me in the wrong direction intentionally....I figured there had to be a misunderstanding somewhere along the line..... I'll call evo after the holiday and make sure I'm buying the right suspension application for my needs.

Thank u everyone again for saving my money.... And again I hope I didn't come across as a jerk.

rtguy1

the above info is correct. bolt on long arm kit for coil/shock suspesions is what you need. keep in mind the brackets in the "bolt-on" kit can be welded on as well. i would weld the fronts for a permanent install, and bolt the rear for an easy swap once you get coilovers. the rockstars can be used with the bolt on kit but you need to be sure the shocks you use will work with them. they mount they bottom of the shock higher so the shock body needs to be shorter as well. if not, you will loose up travel with them because the shock will bottom out sooner. the bolt on long arm kit can easily be upgraded to the high clearance kit when you buy your coilovers. SoCalDozer is spot on here. Simple confusion/misunderstanding. Evo wants to make sure your setup works. They would not intentionally sell you the wrong stuff. All we are talking about is some rear brackets that will be different. You will use the same long control arms either way.:standing wave:

rtguy1

Uggh I'm in the same boat! I think I got my setup figured out but I'm doing the high clearance kit and the coilovers at the same time .. but EVO isn't open till the 2nd so I cant call to verify. So many choices! :)

-J

coilovers and high clearance kit = :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

What he said. I apologize for any confusion I might have created here.

Top Bottom