Evo enforcer 3" with drag link flip just installed

ttfhell

How is it that everyone else running it has no issue? I mean the ones that followed instructions?

Smwells

Are you kidding? Talk about being sensitive. You gave a shitty piece of advice I called you out on it and so did he.

How can you tell somebody to do something different than the Instructions tell you to do? They are not great instructions but seriously?

You have wandering steering, did you ever think that could have to do with you over drilling your steering knuckle?
View attachment 151756
Well after reading countless forums many have said that the 7/8 inch drill is what they are now recommending. The drag link has no play in it. But there was another comment referring to never having to take the rotor off to drill for the drivers side sway bar relocation part. The instructions mention that you MIGHT HAVE TO REMOVE THE ROTOR DEPENDING ON YOUR DRILL. I have a small makita and it still didn't have room to fit without removing the rotor.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well after reading countless forums many have said that the 7/8 inch drill is what they are now recommending. The drag link has no play in it. But there was another comment referring to never having to take the rotor off to drill for the drivers side sway bar relocation part. The instructions mention that you MIGHT HAVE TO REMOVE THE ROTOR DEPENDING ON YOUR DRILL. I have a small makita and it still didn't have room to fit without removing the rotor.

Just a heads up, drew works at off-road evolution along with Mel Wade who designed the kit. Drew's desk is about 10 feet away from Mel's and if they changed the size of the drill bit, I think drew would have been informed.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Okay but don't you think you overreacted a bit? I mean a freaking .223 to the head? Wow.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Just a heads up, drew works at off-road evolution along with Mel Wade who designed the kit. Drew's desk is about 10 feet away from Mel's and if they changed the size of the drill bit, I think drew would have been informed.

Is it hard to get ahold of Offroad Evolution or EVO for that matter to ASK about the proper size?

Or should I listen to "countless" other forums.

Smwells

Are you kidding? Talk about being sensitive. You gave a shitty piece of advice I called you out on it and so did he.

How can you tell somebody to do something different than the Instructions tell you to do? They are not great instructions but seriously?

You have wandering steering, did you ever think that could have to do with you overdrilling your steering knuckle?
View attachment 151756
Sorry Frank I stand corrected buddy.
I didnt see the 7/8 drill size on a forum. My bad.
I read it on EVO's site!
Copied right from EVO's Website.

When lifting your JK 3” or greater, it is highly recommended to correct some of the steering geometry that has been altered with the lift. The EVO JK Draglink Flip Kit does just that and more.

· Raises trackbar mounting location 3” at the axle to help correct roll center and steering angles of a lifted JK.
· Roll center is greatly improved giving better handling of the vehicle on and off road
· Complete bolt-on design that gives greater strength to already prone to failure factory front trackbar bracket
· Comes complete with new forged draglink
· All bracketry made from 3/16” thick laser cut and CNC bent sheetmetal
· All bracketry is finished in a corrosion resistant Black Powdercoat
· Integrated new steering stabilizer location built in to get it up and out of harm’s way above the TieRod

Notes:
Drilling of the passenger side steering knuckle with 7/8” drill bit is required to complete the install
:asshat:
Now Drew, What part of my advise was incorrect? I am always willing to learn and stand corrected.
Eddie I looked up to your skills and the Mrs. for such fantastic videos. Ive learned a lot from reading many of Eddie's tutorials and DIY articles. For that I thank you. I've turned many people on to the videos as if I was invested in them. But to laugh at one of your admirers for the sake of a sponser. hmm
Ya frank I don't get butt hurt easy. if I am wrong I surely will be happy to admit it. Seems to me maybe this forum is for a close knit group and any new comers are subject to this ridicule. Because they are trying to learn. just my :twocents:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Wait, so if I send you an EVO relocation bracket you will take a .223 to the head??

Problem solved.

Smwells

Maybe 9/16" bolts would help the wandering? :thinking:
Hi Jeep keeper,
Thanks bro, The EVO kit does comes with new hardware and I believe they have the bolts that are all a nice snug fit. But definatly something to consider. I am getting it aligned tomorrow. Eddie does have a very informative video on doing alignment. I straightened the steering wheel but I think Ill let the guys at the stealership get it done in a couple of hours. Time is money I think my time spent doing it would be at least 2 to 3 hours. Possibly more with getting all that is needed and doing it and clean up. Since the alignment is 150 3 hours of time is 300 so its more economical for me. Or thats my reasoning for being lazy. lol.:dont_tell:

JAGS

Hooked
Sorry Frank I stand corrected buddy.
I didnt see the 7/8 drill size on a forum. My bad.
I read it on EVO's site!
Copied right from EVO's Website.

When lifting your JK 3” or greater, it is highly recommended to correct some of the steering geometry that has been altered with the lift. The EVO JK Draglink Flip Kit does just that and more.

· Raises trackbar mounting location 3” at the axle to help correct roll center and steering angles of a lifted JK.
· Roll center is greatly improved giving better handling of the vehicle on and off road
· Complete bolt-on design that gives greater strength to already prone to failure factory front trackbar bracket
· Comes complete with new forged draglink
· All bracketry made from 3/16” thick laser cut and CNC bent sheetmetal
· All bracketry is finished in a corrosion resistant Black Powdercoat
· Integrated new steering stabilizer location built in to get it up and out of harm’s way above the TieRod

Notes:
Drilling of the passenger side steering knuckle with 7/8” drill bit is required to complete the install
:asshat:
Now Drew, What part of my advise was incorrect? I am always willing to learn and stand corrected.
Eddie I looked up to your skills and the Mrs. for such fantastic videos. Ive learned a lot from reading many of Eddie's tutorials and DIY articles. For that I thank you. I've turned many people on to the videos as if I was invested in them. But to laugh at one of your admirers for the sake of a sponser. hmm
Ya frank I don't get butt hurt easy. if I am wrong I surely will be happy to admit it. Seems to me maybe this forum is for a close knit group and any new comers are subject to this ridicule. Because they are trying to learn. just my :twocents:

Yes, we're a pretty close knit group. It's what makes this a great place.

I was a newcomer 3 years ago. Still get "ridiculed," as you phrase it, to this day for trying to learn. What I've learned is to toughen the fuck up and not take things so damn personal.

Wrong or right, you're now wrong because of this post!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I am getting it aligned tomorrow. Eddie does have a very informative video on doing alignment. I straightened the steering wheel but I think Ill let the guys at the stealership get it done in a couple of hours. Time is money I think my time spent doing it would be at least 2 to 3 hours. Possibly more with getting all that is needed and doing it and clean up. Since the alignment is 150 3 hours of time is 300 so its more economical for me.

This right here is why nobody should listen to anything you have to say…ever. All your arguments from here on out are invalid. :yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
the tuffest part of the install was the front track bar relocation bracket it is very tight to get bolts in and the drivers side sway bar connection bracket you have to take off you rotor and drill into the spring perch. Use tape on the wrench to hold your bolts to get into the very tight spots. and I would suggest tightening up the back part of the track bar bracket before putting on the front large portion of the track bar bracket. Forget the instructions on the drag link and get a 7/8 drill bit instead of trying to find a 13/16 drill bit. Its nearly impossible to find at any local stores IE home depot ,lowes or orchard.just my two cents. Go very slow on the drilling and coat every 10 to 15 seconds of drilling with oil.

So I'm confused. Did you say to "forget the instructions" BEFORE or after you got that info from EVO Mfg website? No doubt it's there,but I also know the instructions that come with the kit say to use a 13/16".
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435899923.611406.jpg

Perhaps if you have such a bad taste in your mouth from this forum, you should spend more of your time on those other "countless" forums.

Smwells

This right here is why nobody should listen to anything you have to say…ever. All your arguments from here on out are invalid. :yup:
Good enough. I surely have nothing to add obviously so Ill let you guys have your fun.
Never forget this old adage an elder taught me.
Good word travels slow, bad word travels fast. No worries I will not anger you guys with any I have to say. Peace

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! for the sake of a sponsor? Oh please - I laughed because what Drew said was funny. If that really bothers you, please don't recommend our videos to anyone ever again.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My post was merely a joke about bad advice referring to this thread...http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=386810

Changing the bolts will not help anything.

I'm with everyone else on this. Your draglink may be tight now, but after putting some miles on it, the adapter can/will work loose due to the drilled hole being larger than it should be.

Smwells

So I'm confused. Did you say to "forget the instructions" BEFORE or after you got that info from EVO Mfg website? No doubt it's there,but I also know the instructions that come with the kit say to use a 13/16".
View attachment 151765

Perhaps if you have such a bad taste in your mouth from this forum, you should spend more of your time on those other "countless" forums.
Yes Frank you are correct. I did say forget the instructions I meant for tightening the back portion of the front track bar bracket before putting on the front portion of it to make it much easier to get the bolts in and tightened. But ya also the instructions I received did say 13/16. I had the 13/16 coming from amazon but the local hardware store had the 7/8 and after getting on evo's site i seen the update and went and got the 7/8. Had to get the jeep up and running to get to work.
Guess I didnt explain it well.

Top Bottom