EVO Fascia with AEV Tire Carrier

Coloradan

I can barely get the tailgate CB mount to work with the AEV carrier (don't remember which model, likely not EVO), but I had to grind down the knurled connector to clear. I might pick up a high-lift mount and try to put it there.

Thanks again, will probably PM you with questions today. How did you measure how to cut the fascia minimally? Did you mount it first, then put the AEV bracket over it to mark it?

I usually mount a flag where you have the antenna. If I picked up a really short antenna, it might work there as long as it clears the garage shop door.

My biggest issue is going to be getting the bracket off of the AEV bumper. Every single knurled stud in the water tank is spinning!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464563263.177824.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464563288.912305.jpg
Originally the hole for that top bolt on the carrier was blocked by the d-ring mount. I moved the holes back out of the way and used the new hole in the fascia to hold a nut for the new carrier bolt. I used the old C-shaped bracket from the AEV carrier bolt which I cut and drilled a hole in so the bracket held the nut in place for when I reinstalled the carrier bracket. Does that make sense?

Buster3479

Thanks again for the post Coloradan. A lot of grinding, grunting, groaning, bitching and moaning on my part, but I'm happy with the result.

I need to get the hi-lift mount eventually and polishing compound out the marks where the old license plate mount was, but otherwise complete.

Oh, and the stock muffler NEEDS TO GO! Dynomax Quiet Crawler just made the list for next purchase I think.

IMG_4929.jpg
IMG_4928.jpg
IMG_4930.jpg

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Thanks again for the post Coloradan. A lot of grinding, grunting, groaning, bitching and moaning on my part, but I'm happy with the result.

I need to get the hi-lift mount eventually and polishing compound out the marks where the old license plate mount was, but otherwise complete.

Oh, and the stock muffler NEEDS TO GO! Dynomax Quiet Crawler just made the list for next purchase I think.

View attachment 206875
View attachment 206876
View attachment 206877

Looks great. Thanks for the pics of different angles

vdog0531

Looks really nice. My question is, why the aev piece instead of something like the teraflex tire set up? Asking seriously, not sarcastically

303jkpatriot

View attachment 206875
View attachment 206876
View attachment 206877
Looks good Buster!

Coloradan

View attachment 206875
View attachment 206876
View attachment 206877

Looks awesome man! Great job!

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Almost finished with mine. Just need to paint the tan part of the body after I move the license plate
Thanks for the idea! [emoji109]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466879166.810233.jpg

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I like the way it looks in person. Completely changed my rigs appearance and WAY more clearance and lighter than the AEV bumper.

Thanks to Coloradan for the idea [emoji106]

Top Bottom