EVO front bumper and later down the road

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would like to warn you and yolo that anything that is touching WILL eventually cause wear and line damage. All it takes is persistent vibration over the span of a year or so to cut through those soft lines.

This is the whole reason for the recalls on the '13 wrangler where the tranny line and power steering rub causing damage and a hole. I wouldnt Zip tie, I wouldnt let anything even slightly touch. Either bend it out of the way GENTLY, use a spacer on the sway bar to lower it slightly, or rotate it the oposite direction. :twocents:

I totally agree, i think that's why i was asking what to do. I flipped it forward but it put it really (1/16) front the ac condenser. I just installed the front coilovers and indeed if i turn the motor downwards my drag link does hit the motor. So i found my answer out. It won't work for the set up i have. I'm going to order the evo front drag link. It's all good, just sucks because the synergy is only 1000 miles old. I just didn't want to have issues later like your talking about with rubbing down the road. I have a solution to my problem now. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

upnover

I would like to warn you and yolo that anything that is touching WILL eventually cause wear and line damage. All it takes is persistent vibration over the span of a year or so to cut through those soft lines.

This is the whole reason for the recalls on the '13 wrangler where the tranny line and power steering rub causing damage and a hole. I wouldnt Zip tie, I wouldnt let anything even slightly touch. Either bend it out of the way GENTLY, use a spacer on the sway bar to lower it slightly, or rotate it the oposite direction. :twocents:

Two years flipped, no issues...I checked the line and it's fine too.

hydrohut

I totally agree, i think that's why i was asking what to do. I flipped it forward but it put it really (1/16) front the ac condenser. I just installed the front coilovers and indeed if i turn the motor downwards my drag link does hit the motor. So i found my answer out. It won't work for the set up i have. I'm going to order the evo front drag link. It's all good, just sucks because the synergy is only 1000 miles old. I just didn't want to have issues later like your talking about with rubbing down the road. I have a solution to my problem now. Thanks for the input.

You can fit a pry bar between the sway bar and the hanger bar (the bit the top part of the rubber mount is fitted to) and gently/carefully bend the bar down ever so slightly, that moves the plug away from the AC radiator slightly and gives the plug the required clearance from the radiator and then all should be good?

bkac

Caught the Bug

Thanks Olram, that's just what I'm gonna need. I also found out even more info last night. When the coilovers are installed on the front the synergy draglink tie rod ends actually bind before full drop of the axle. So basically this drag link in the end is worthless to me. Imo going to order that RHD drag link this morning. All problems solved! Thanks

bkac

Caught the Bug
Two years flipped and no issues with no mods needed for me either...but mine isnt rubbing on anything either :idontknow:

amazong and HERE is the best price for the crown RHD drag link. $56 out the door shipped :thumb:

Perfect :thumbup:

Top Bottom