EVO front bumper and later down the road

Skid_Kid

Cool thanks, just talked to EVO and the warn power plant will work with it rotated forward! Wish I would have just started with an evo drag link, sorry for the long post! Thanks guys

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can always get the EVO drag link flip kit and go back to a stock drag link, it will be cheaper in the long run if you bend drag links often.....

Coloradan

Cool thanks, just talked to EVO and the warn power plant will work with it rotated forward/ up! Wish I would have just started with an evo drag link, sorry for the long post! Thanks guys

Awesome! Thank you!

bkac

Caught the Bug
You can always get the EVO drag link flip kit and go back to a stock drag link, it will be cheaper in the long run if you bend drag links often.....

When this one breaks, the next one will be EVO. Lesson learned. Now on to installing the coilovers!

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had the privilege of reading the whole thing since I was involved early in the process, but reading a whole post before commenting seems to be a lost art.

For sure! I'm doing it now and it looks to be ok. The plug outs really close top the transmission cooler though.
1410469491462.jpg
1410469519029.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I had the privilege of reading the whole thing since I was involved early in the process, but reading a whole post before commenting seems to be a lost art.

This is 3 threads merged into one. Post 11 he doesn't like it flipped one way. Then flips it the other, not satisfied, flips it back and forth a few more times. Ended up on top and he's still not satisfied because of the transmission line.
I'm waiting for the coil over install!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Same, mine touches but I haven't had any problems so far. I've been wheeling it like this. View attachment 99841

Added security, thanks. I guess the only time it could or would move is if the motor somehow got locked to the swaybar itself. I do like the plug facing up vs down.

bkac

Caught the Bug
This is 3 threads merged into one. Post 11 he doesn't like it flipped one way. Then flips it the other, not satisfied, flips it back and forth a few more times. Ended up on top and he's still not satisfied because of the transmission line.
I'm waiting for the coil over install!

Yep, your right! Wish you were here to do it for me because you've done it before. Please don't just start picking now because your board. There are reasons behind each post on why i didn't like it.
No one with the same setup ever had me the correct answer nor did i ever a act like a jerk or that i know it all. I was just trying to find an answer to my question and it seems other's had the same questions. I really did appreciate your input and you helped me solve some other issues to. I really appreciate the WAL group of great people here that are willing to help! Thanks guys

StrizzyChris

Same, mine touches but I haven't had any problems so far. I've been wheeling it like this. View attachment 99841

I would like to warn you and yolo that anything that is touching WILL eventually cause wear and line damage. All it takes is persistent vibration over the span of a year or so to cut through those soft lines.

This is the whole reason for the recalls on the '13 wrangler where the tranny line and power steering rub causing damage and a hole. I wouldnt Zip tie, I wouldnt let anything even slightly touch. Either bend it out of the way GENTLY, use a spacer on the sway bar to lower it slightly, or rotate it the oposite direction. :twocents:

JAGS

Hooked
I would like to warn you and yolo that anything that is touching WILL eventually cause wear and line damage. All it takes is persistent vibration over the span of a year or so to cut through those soft lines.

This is the whole reason for the recalls on the '13 wrangler where the tranny line and power steering rub causing damage and a hole. I wouldnt Zip tie, I wouldnt let anything even slightly touch. Either bend it out of the way GENTLY, use a spacer on the sway bar to lower it slightly, or rotate it the oposite direction. :twocents:

Would this also be the case for something like a power line to say a winch. Hypothetically speaking of coarse. 😉

- Jason

StrizzyChris

Would this also be the case for something like a power line to say a winch. Hypothetically speaking of coarse. 

Those type of things would benefit from zip ties holding them in place....but only because of their rubber coating protecting then from a gentle vibration ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yep, your right! Wish you were here to do it for me because you've done it before. Please don't just start picking now because your board. There are reasons behind each post on why i didn't like it.
No one with the same setup ever had me the correct answer nor did i ever a act like a jerk or that i know it all. I was just trying to find an answer to my question and it seems other's had the same questions. I really did appreciate your input and you helped me solve some other issues to. I really appreciate the WAL group of great people here that are willing to help! Thanks guys

Lol. Did you really start three threads about the same topic/issue? :grayno:

I feel like I have seen this movie before and know the ending....

10frank9

Web Wheeler
BTW what makes the Synergy drag link flip different? Does the circumference of the drag link cause more interference?

I too am running the EVO Mfg. 1/4 pounder, EVO Mfg. Drag Link Flip, flipped e-disco and........ Yup, it works fine with the plug facing down. Just have to be sure the turnbuckle clears the plug. :yup:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410494274.212993.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Lol. Did you really start three threads about the same topic/issue? :grayno:

I feel like I have seen this movie before and know the ending....

I really don't know how that happened, some how it went back around to that. I really think it was only two though, idk and am sorry for that.

bkac

Caught the Bug
BTW what makes the Synergy drag link flip different? Does the circumference of the drag link cause more interference?

I too am running the EVO Mfg. 1/4 pounder, EVO Mfg. Drag Link Flip, flipped e-disco and........ Yup, it works fine with the plug facing down. Just have to be sure the turnbuckle clears the plug. :yup:

View attachment 99886

The synergy drag link it's a tad larger and the bend at the end is a little bit more so it puts it closer to the flipped motor of you flip out down. That's the reason i was asking for some ideas. Thanks

Top Bottom