EVO front bumper and later down the road

Coloradan

Maybe Eddie can chime in here and help us, but from a freeze frame I took from Rubicat on the Rubicon it looks like he has the e-disco rotated forward. I could be completely wrong about that, :idontknow: but he'd be a good person to ask since he used the EVO relocation bracket, the 1/4 pounder and a Warn Powerplant which is not exactly a small winch. Capture.JPG

bkac

Caught the Bug
Maybe Eddie can chime in here and help us, but from a freeze frame I took from Rubicat on the Rubicon it looks like he has the e-disco rotated forward. I could be completely wrong about that, :idontknow: but he'd be a good person to ask since he used the EVO relocation bracket, the 1/4 pounder and a Warn Powerplant which is not exactly a small winch. View attachment 99829

Good call, it does look like it's forward. I pm'd him last night. He was gonna look and shoot a picture to me . it's funny how many answers you can get about this. Everyone's set up is just a little different.
I'm just going to trash the sway bar and be done with it, I'll just put less coffee in my cup for those sharp leaning turns! :thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Evo ¼ pounder, evo vacuum bracket, warn power plant, evo no limits. Works perfect for me. Knob is in the perfect spot. Flip it on top, you cannot reach the knob or remove plug without taking off the whole bumper and winch.

Attachments

• 1410460423879.jpg
    1410460423879.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 80

bkac

Caught the Bug
Evo ¼ pounder, evo vacuum bracket, warn power plant, evo no limits. Works perfect for me. Knob is in the perfect spot. Flip it on top, you cannot reach the knob or remove plug without taking off the whole bumper and winch.

Yes but add a sway bay motor and a larger synergy flipped draglink and I believe I'm going to have a problem. Looks like the synergy drag link is both larger diameter and has a little more bend so if the motor will work flipped up then that's the way i might need to go. Idk... That's why the original post stated synergy drag link, evo 1/4 pounder and Rubi sway bar motor. I was trying to find someone with the same setup. I wish now I would have just gone with the evo drag link flip. I was told that the synergy was a much heavier duty choice because it was larger with larger stronger tie rod ends. Guess this shows that bigger isn't always better.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
[QUOTE=JK_b/c_yolo;
I also noticed that when i just rotated my Rubi sway bar motor that the draglink is really close to the sway bar motor now. It looks like its going to hit it. Does anyone else have a synergy drag link flip and a rotated sway bar?

This was really the question i was looking to get answered.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Also, looks like you used the bottom hole in the track bar bracket for the sway bar link. Aren't you supposed to use the top and the extension on the other side?

BTW olram, you were dead on about the swaybar link issue I had! Thanks

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes but add a sway bay motor and a larger synergy draglink and I believe I'm going to have a problem. Looks like the synergy drag link is both larger diameter and has a little more bend so if the motor will work flipped up then that's the way i might need to go. Idk... That's why the original post stated synergy drag link, evo 1/4 pounder and Rubi sway bar motor. I was trying to find someone with the same setup. I wish now I would have just gone with the evo drag link flip. I was told that the synergy was a much heavier duty choice because it was larger with larger stronger tie rod ends. Guess this shows that bigger isn't always better.

Yes, I merged all 3 threads you had on this. No, Eddie doesn't have synergy drag link, so not sure how that's going to help you.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yes, I merged all 3 threads you had on this. No, Eddie doesn't have synergy drag link, so not sure how that's going to help you.

Correct, but it appears he flipped his forward for some reason and it must work to do that. Sorry to drag this out. Just don't want to have to take the bumper back off and especially while out on the trail. Just wanted to do it once and be done.

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

You could always follow the instructions that come with the bumper...........:thinking::thinking::thinking:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I understand that completely, it works for you. I don't have the same setup as you! That's the part i don't think you guys understand. I'm glad the instructions work for you guys with all evo. You don't have a flipped synergy drag link so the question is kinda irrelevant to you since you have a different setup then mine. There's a reason why other people are rotating the motor up (like Eddie) instead of down. That's what I'm trying to figure out. The instructions say to go down, I get that part but it's not going to work for me. I'm sorry i ever asked the question. I'll figure it out from here, thanks guys!

bkac

Caught the Bug
That's how mine is also. I followed evo instructions and had no problems.

That's great for a non flipped non lifted draglink. I'm glad that works great for you but we aren't talking apple's to apple's here. Thanks for the picture.

Skid_Kid

I understand that completely, it works for you. I don't have the same setup as you! That's the part i don't think you guys understand. I'm glad the instructions work for you guys with all evo. You don't have a flipped synergy drag link so the question is kinda irrelevant to you since you have a different setup then mine. There's a reason why other people are rotating the motor up (like Eddie) instead of down. That's what I'm trying to figure out. The instructions say to go down, I get that part but it's not going to work for me. I'm sorry i ever asked the question. I'll figure it out from here, thanks guys!

The reason people are rotating it up is for clearance only. I believe Mody and Rubicat both have stock drag links with the EVO flip kit. Do what works for you, it will work either way........

bkac

Caught the Bug
The reason people are rotating it up is for clearance only. I believe Mody and Rubicat both have stock drag links with the EVO flip kit. Do what works for you, it will work either way........

Cool thanks, just talked to EVO and the warn power plant will work with it rotated forward/ up! Wish I would have just started with an evo drag link, sorry for the long post! Thanks guys

Top Bottom