EVO front bumper and later down the road

bkac

Caught the Bug
EVO 1/4 pounder with bull bar

Does anyone know if the PureJeep light bar that was on Rubicat is a direct bolt-on. Will it work with the EVO shackle mounts? Are there any other options out there that may work? The wife drives the jeep to work almost everyday and isn't really excited about the stinger. Want tot see if there are any other options besides running nothing but the bumper.

Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coloradan

I had a similar problem as you are about to when installing your 1/4 pounder after relocating my vacuum pump if you use the EVO relocation bracket. I used the EVO relocation bracket, and with my e-disco motor flipped in the direction that yours is, the motor would hit the drag link while I was turning right. My solution was to flip the motor in the opposite direction, with the plug on top. The spacers from the EVO relocation bracket now help to hold the motor out of the way of the radiator. I still need to bend the transmission line out of the way, but here is how mine looks now. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410152469.515314.jpg

Coloradan

Nice! I didn't get a stinger yet but Overlander said to get the bolts in the top you have to trim the frame end plate. Strizzychris probably has it in his write up too

Yep, and it's a huge PITA. I didn't want to pull the bumper off so I ended up sticking a dremel tool in there to shave off enough of that end plate to fit the nuts.

shadow21

Does anyone know if the PureJeep light bar that was on Rubicat is a direct bolt-on. Will it work with the EVO shackle mounts? Are there any other options out there that may work? The wife drives the jeep to work almost everyday and isn't really excited about the stinger. Want tot see if there are any other options besides running nothing but the bumper.

Thanks

When you take that stinger off PM I may be interested in it. I also have a stubby with a bull bar I'd swap you if that sounds like a possibility. I think retail was 550 +tax and shipping.

JAGS

Hooked

Thanks

Yes, the PJ bull bar is direct just like Eddie had back in the day. Not sure of any other options. Maybe give drew a call tomorrow at the shop.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had a similar problem as you are about to when installing your 1/4 pounder after relocating my vacuum pump if you use the EVO relocation bracket. I used the EVO relocation bracket, and with my e-disco motor flipped in the direction that yours is, the motor would hit the drag link while I was turning right. My solution was to flip the motor in the opposite direction, with the plug on top. The spacers from the EVO relocation bracket now help to hold the motor out of the way of the radiator. I still need to bend the transmission line out of the way, but here is how mine looks now. View attachment 99336

That's great information, thanks so much! I will find out Wednesday when my stuff arrives.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If you ever decide to get the no limits, this is about right for me. Knob it's easy to get too. If you rotate it too much, the plug is on the transmission line. You might have to bend it.plus getting to your knob Will be harder Here is a side view of how I did mine. With 37" tires and coil overs I'm sure you'll be fine.

Attachments

• 1410284042478.jpg
    1410284042478.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 144
I took off my perfectly good working motor for the evo no limits. Now I have no worries about it not working or messing up. Seen a ton of People have issues over and over. Probably going to sell it.

I did the same thing for the same reason. Back to "old school". Wish Jeeps came with the manual hubs still...

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had a similar problem as you are about to when installing your 1/4 pounder after relocating my vacuum pump if you use the EVO relocation bracket. I used the EVO relocation bracket, and with my e-disco motor flipped in the direction that yours is, the motor would hit the drag link while I was turning right. My solution was to flip the motor in the opposite direction, with the plug on top. The spacers from the EVO relocation bracket now help to hold the motor out of the way of the radiator. I still need to bend the transmission line out of the way, but here is how mine looks now. View attachment 99336

I just tried this and am not sure the winch will fit with the plug in the up position. I'm really unsure on what to do here. Should i rotated it like the stizzychris write-up or rotate the plug up?

Picture with it up
1410402696165.jpg
1410402730519.jpg

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

Just flip it with the plug on bottom

(I feel adding more confusion. and a contradictory view, to an already WAY too long discussion about this plug/flip was the only way to go at this point!)

jeeeep

Hooked
flip it the way it will allow the winch to fit - set your winch in place and see if it makes contact.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just flip it with the plug on bottom

(I feel adding more confusion. and a contradictory view, to an already WAY too long discussion about this plug/flip was the only way to go at this point!)

Your right, should be flipped in bottom

Top Bottom