EVO Lever Rear Coil Over System

bl17z90

You could always mount the coilover to the bottom of the jeep but it would sit way too high

This is true, but you still have taken up cargo space inside the cab that an EVO Lever doesn't ;)

I don't think I have ever seen a lever setup on a 2 door :thinking:

Last edited:

BBrown626

StrizzyChris

I don't think I have ever seen a lever setup on a 2 door :thinking:

This fella is rockin it!

456148_10100727238435374_1905722403_o.jpg

460944_10100727238809624_802592554_o.jpg

JK's JK

Banned
You always cruise around their site but you just stumbled on EvoLever? You might want to stumble on the double throwdown version before you jump on the evolever.

I haven't looked at the lifts since I have a long arm kit already. I've been more looking into suspension and droop.

GCM 2

I haven't looked at the lifts since I have a long arm kit already. I've been more looking into suspension and droop.

But you are looking at lifts when you are looking at coilovers and the EVO Lever. They are what provides the lift for your jeep. The reason EVO mfg says the DTD and EVO lever will work with any lift (well almost any), is that the coilovers provide the lift a conventional spring provides, all you need to do is choose the control arms.

DTD history lesson.....EVO didn't invent the system, they just perfected it for JK's!

The "Double Throw Down", or DTD, simply refers to any suspension that is running a Coilover and a second By-Pass shock at each corner. The term originates from within Baja Racing circles. As Strizzy Chris mentioned, RTguy1 couldn't do the EVO Lever on his rig because he did a stretched wheel base on a two door, which pushed the rear axle further back and doesn't allow room for the frame of the EVO Lever to fit. Depending on your budget, you can run EVO mfg's front coilover (weld-on) kits with only a coilover, or with the DTD option. And again, depending on your budget you can run their EVO Lever rear suspension with a coilover or their DTD option.

EVO weld on front Single coilover

image-2559541756.jpg

EVO weld on DTD front

image-1597827274.jpg

EVO Lever rear

image-1507060787.jpg

EVO Lever rear DTD

Attachments

• image-3822474606.jpg
    image-3822474606.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

rtguy1

GCM2 nailed it there ^^^^
the rear lever can be set up either with single coilover or dtd

This is true, but you still have taken up cargo space inside the cab that an EVO Lever doesn't ;)

^^yep. my setup would not accept the cantilever system, but im still getting gobs of travel due to the mounting points of my coilovers. and it far exceeds the standard evo rear bolt on kit, but does have disadvantages including the cargo space lost and actual cutting of the tub. However, i pack light and always have more than enough room for my gear. On my last rubicon run, my buddy actually wanted to dump his junk in my rig cuz he was overpacked:cheesy:

with that said, i will also be upgrading shortly. Mel and I have been discussing some options ;).

Last edited:

Spartan

How is the on road handling? Does that much flex cause problems turning at speed or making tight turns at speed?

rtguy1

How is the on road handling? Does that much flex cause problems turning at speed or making tight turns at speed?

Not at all. Handling is awesome. Evo has worked closely with king for an excellent combination in spring rate and valving. The steering and handling will far exceed stock and any other kits out there.

GCM 2

As rtguy1 said Off Road Evolution and EVO mfg have figured it all out for you. Back when I had my stretched wheelbase TJ similar to rtguy1's JK, I set it up with coilovers that were right off the shelf. That thing was almost undrivable above 35 mph, I had not taken the time to get the spring rates dialed in and the valving in the body was completely wrong for the street. It worked awesome off road, but was a handful on the street. More importantly than the safety, it just looked cool....

check out this video to get the meaning of "EVO spec'd"

Top Bottom