EVO Lever Rear Coil Over System

GCM 2

I would stay away from a setup like this. If that truss/bracket on the axle breaks your in deep shit. This setup is vey close to a 3 link it.

Most people don't realize this ^^^^^ a 3 link is not able to be driven off the trail when you break one of the links/control arms (at least most of the time). One of the best things about a 4 link, if one breaks you still have three holding that axle in place.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most people don't realize this ^^^^^ a 3 link is not able to be driven off the trail when you break one of the links/control arms (at least most of the time). One of the best things about a 4 link, if one breaks you still have three holding that axle in place.

What he said. While there are benefits to running a true triagulated 4-link setup (without a track bar unlike the RK kit that is just a 3-link with a track bar), there is something to be said about redundancy. If you play hard enough, everything breaks including brackets and if you loose this one mount (I have seen it happen), you are SOL. I've broken plenty of control arm mounts and have always been glad to have 3 others holding everything in place. :yup:

How would you say the DTD coils compare to the feel/ride of the plush coils?

No comparison being that you can order up your DTD coils to whatever you like and, being that it's part of a coil over system, you can get the shocks valved to suite your needs as well.

Anyone run the DTD up front and just the bolt on coilover on the rear? A man only has so much cash.

Nobody I know but, as is, the rear bolt on coil overs are at a disadvantage over the fronts. They are shorter and more exposed. If anything, I would do it the other way around, EVO lever with single coil overs in the rear and bolt on coil overs up front. That would be a better match.

Sully151

Thanks Eddie,

Are you guys and offroad evolution going to be at the offroad expo this weekend?

Might have to take Eve and convince her that it is time to upgrade.

Is there a huge on road difference between my Teraflex lift and a coil over of some sort?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you guys and offroad evolution going to be at the offroad expo this weekend?

Yup, we'll be there for a bit. EVO will be there all weekend.

Is there a huge on road difference between my Teraflex lift and a coil over of some sort?

No comparison. When I was running a TF lift, I found it to get the job done but, the ride it provided was on the harsh side and a bit too tall for my taste. The EVO coil overs can be dialed in to how you want and set to whatever height you prefer to run your Jeep at. They will also give you more flex and offer a significantly better ride while driving hard and fast in the desert.

Sully151

My son and daughter do like to go fast.

I have a 3" TF lift with 37's so it doesn't sit to bad. It is just a rough ride on the highway. Forget about offroad speed.

Sadly, I am also on a Dana 30 with 3.73's so the ProRock and gears may beat out the suspension.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My son and daughter do like to go fast.

I have a 3" TF lift with 37's so it doesn't sit to bad. It is just a rough ride on the highway. Forget about offroad speed.

Sadly, I am also on a Dana 30 with 3.73's so the ProRock and gears may beat out the suspension.

Well, a more affordable solution might be to just install a set of EVO plush ride coils and swap in a set of more forgiving shocks. It'll help out a lot over what you have now.

silverbackjk

I saw the pics Eddie posted from the rubicon after jkx and that is something I would never want to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sully151

I could do that, but I am kind of leaning towards doing it right this time and being done.

Last edited:

2007 JKU

Banned
If you do a 3 link just do it right and have a pro weld it..no more likely to fail as any other system done correctly...all kinds of mods can leave you high and dry majority of the mods we do if they fail can cause issues. If you don't want risks don't mod.

silverbackjk

If you do a 3 link just do it right and have a pro weld it..no more likely to fail as any other system done correctly...all kinds of mods can leave you high and dry majority of the mods we do if they fail can cause issues. If you don't want risks don't mod.

You can rip a control are mount off a 4 link and drive off trail you loose a mount on a 3 link and your sol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I don't know about you but, I have seen plenty of "pro welded" stuff break. If you're actually using your Jeep, everything breaks and if you can help prevent being left high and dry, I don't know why you wouldn't want to. I know that you love your RK 3-link setup but, being that it still requires the use of a rear track bar, exactly what benefits are you getting from it? Are you going to suggest that you somehow have more flex than what your shock length will allow?

BBrown626

I could do that, but I am kind of leaning towards doing it right this time and being done.

I recently went from the TF coil lift to Evo bolt-on coilovers front and rear. HUGE difference. On the road is nicer. Off the road is immensely nicer. Fantastic upgrade. :rock:

2007 JKU

Banned
I don't know about you but, I have seen plenty of "pro welded" stuff break. If you're actually using your Jeep, everything breaks and if you can help prevent being left high and dry, I don't know why you wouldn't want to. I know that you love your RK 3-link setup but, being that it still requires the use of a rear track bar, exactly what benefits are you getting from it? Are you going to suggest that you somehow have more flex than what your shock length will allow?

Where did I even hint that I magically have more flex than the shocks allow...you love to read something from nothing..

I'd be more worried about other Jeep stock items braking and leaving me stranded than the link mounts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Where did I even hint that I magically have more flex than the shocks allow.

Funny, never said you hinted at anything, I simply asked the question, "exactly what benefits are you getting" from running a 3-link setup? I also asked if you might "suggest that you somehow have more flex than what your shock length will allow?" Simple "questions" really and ones that you still haven't answered.

you love to read something from nothing..

And apparently, you just love to say a whole lot and back it up with nothing.

I'd be more worried about other Jeep stock items braking and leaving me stranded than the link mounts.

Stock Jeeps come with 2 rear upper control arms mounts. If you break one, you will still have another to keep you going. Ask me how I know. A RK 3-link rear comes with only 1 upper control arm and for what benefit, I'm not even sure being that you still need to retain the rear track bar. If you break it's mount, you're SOL. Ask me how I know.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Funny, never said you hinted at anything, I simply asked the question, "exactly what benefits are you getting" from running a 3-link setup? I also asked if you might "suggest that you somehow have more flex than what your shock length will allow?" Simple "questions" really and ones that you still haven't answered.

And apparently, you just love to say a whole lot and back it up with nothing.

Stock Jeeps come with 2 rear upper control arms mounts. If you break one, you will still have another to keep you going. Ask me how I know. A RK 3-link rear comes with only 1 upper control arm and for what benefit, I'm not even sure being that you still need to retain the rear track bar. If you break it's mount, you're SOL. Ask me how I know.

How do you know? X2 ;)

GCM 2

How do you know? X2 ;)

I will tell you....he is wreckless, dangerous and a known tear'er-up'er. He lives to destroy stock equipment :icon_crazy:

Edit; I retract my above statement, as I was thinking about myself when I repsonded the thread.

Last edited:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I recently went from the TF coil lift to Evo bolt-on coilovers front and rear. HUGE difference. On the road is nicer. Off the road is immensely nicer. Fantastic upgrade. :rock:

Yep, did the same thing and there is no comparison!

Top Bottom