EVO NoLimits Manual Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So turns out that the reason me disco wasn't working was mud found its way into the gears section of the sway bar so i cleaned it and its working well i will upload the pics of the gears when i get the chance

I have read a number of threads across many forums where the edisco stopped working due to a "dead motor" but then "for fun" people opened it up, gave it a good clean, and it was as good as new. Seems the best solution is to take your edisco, and while it functions well, take it apart, clean it, lube it, and SEAL it. the stock setup seems to have no gaskets and no sealing, so water and crap get in there, and create havok. Glad to hear you were able to get yours working again.

RamP

I have a related question.
I have a 13 rubicon and want to add a winch to the front factory bumper. I like the look of the winch mounted "in" the bumper between the fog lights. I know that the sbdisc motor interferes with this plan.
If I use the Evo manual disc and get rid if the motor will there be enough room?

GCM 2

I have read a number of threads across many forums where the edisco stopped working due to a "dead motor" but then "for fun" people opened it up, gave it a good clean, and it was as good as new. Seems the best solution is to take your edisco, and while it functions well, take it apart, clean it, lube it, and SEAL it. the stock setup seems to have no gaskets and no sealing, so water and crap get in there, and create havok. Glad to hear you were able to get yours working again.

My E-disco worked perfectly, the reason why I went to the EVO manual disconnect is because I hated when the factory E-disco reconnected once I hit 25mph. Out here in the southwest/west we have plenty of trails to run at speeds way above that for very long periods.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have a 13 rubicon and want to add a winch to the front factory bumper. I like the look of the winch mounted "in" the bumper between the fog lights. I know that the sbdisc motor interferes with this plan.
If I use the Evo manual disc and get rid if the motor will there be enough room?

You don't get rid of the entire edisco unit...just the actuator.

GCM 2

Like MTG said, you are only getting rid of the actuator and it actually makes the entire set up a bit smaller/not as long. The JK in the photo below is a 2013 Rubicon, it's running a full size Warn winch between the frame rails without an issue. If he wanted to he could simply just remove the actuator and run the EVO no limits sway bar disconnect.

image-2890899660.jpg

StrizzyChris

I'm the dumb new guy here and want to do this correctly, can someone coach me on how to post pics? I assume I should do the write-up in a new thread? Please advise. You can email me at raceplayhavefun@gmail.com if easier. (I'm pretty dumb with forums)

All you have to do is post the pic on a site like photobucket and in the writeup post the direct image link in this code
IMG

LoPo

Caught the Bug
All you have to do is post the pic on a site like photobucket and in the writeup post the direct image link in this code
link[/IMG#] but remove that # symbol. (I had to insert the # for you to see the code)[/QUOTE]

or just use the attach/insert a photo button and select FROM COMPUTER and upload directly to the forum. Saving time and bypassing a 3rd party. :thankyou:

StrizzyChris

or just use the attach/insert a photo button and select FROM COMPUTER and upload directly to the forum. Saving time and bypassing a 3rd party. :thankyou:

That's all good.... until you reach your upload limit. I tried to do that on one of my write-ups and it wouldn't let me. BUT LoPo is correct if you are only uploading a few pics or posting pics on a random thread

TrailHunter

Hooked
Hey guys, I think I’d like to install an EVO no limits manual disconnect because it gets annoying when it’s on/off at higher speeds on the trail and non useable in 2wd.... I understand that I need to also use a programmer to shut off the light once I do this... I would like to buy both items off the wayalife amazon shopping list, but the only programmer I see is the superchips flashpaq... will that do what I need....or is there another programmer (AEV) that I need to buy? And will the same programmer work for tire size adjustment?

Houndy95

Hey guys, I think I’d like to install an EVO no limits manual disconnect because it gets annoying when it’s on/off at higher speeds on the trail and non useable in 2wd.... I understand that I need to also use a programmer to shut off the light once I do this... I would like to buy both items off the wayalife amazon shopping list, but the only programmer I see is the superchips flashpaq... will that do what I need....or is there another programmer (AEV) that I need to buy? And will the same programmer work for tire size adjustment?

I can’t speak for the superchips. But I have a AEV Procal and that can be used for tire size adjustment as well as turning off the light once you remove the module from the sway bar among other things. Hope that helps.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

The superchips will work just fine but I would recommend the evo air disconnect. It’s nice to be able to reconnect on the flip of a switch versus having to get out and do it on flat ground. I’m going to switch to the air disconnect from the no limits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I can’t speak for the superchips. But I have a AEV Procal and that can be used for tire size adjustment as well as turning off the light once you remove the module from the sway bar among other things. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback.... definitely want to support the forum though when possible.

The superchips will work just fine but I would recommend the evo air disconnect. It’s nice to be able to reconnect on the flip of a switch versus having to get out and do it on flat ground. I’m going to switch to the air disconnect from the no limits.

Cool, I’ll get the superchips.... I here you on the air disconnect, was trying to save a couple bucks... figured how hard is it really, to get out and turn a dial... but I see the convenience factor... curious, can you use the stock switch?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you can trace the trigger wire, I don’t see why you couldn’t have the stock switch trigger a relay and then the relay power the unit.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
That's all good.... until you reach your upload limit. I tried to do that on one of my write-ups and it wouldn't let me. BUT LoPo is correct if you are only uploading a few pics or posting pics on a random thread
I've found that with my new phone the size of my photos is too high. Running through tapatalk compresses the photos a little and allows for more pictures within the limit.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the feedback.... definitely want to support the forum though when possible.

Cool, I’ll get the superchips.... I here you on the air disconnect, was trying to save a couple bucks... figured how hard is it really, to get out and turn a dial... but I see the convenience factor... curious, can you use the stock switch?

If you can trace the trigger wire, I don’t see why you couldn’t have the stock switch trigger a relay and then the relay power the unit.

I don’t think you would be able to use it any different than stock. I would assume you would need to be in 4 wheel drive under 25 mph for it to work since that switch is tied into the canbus.

Top Bottom