EVO NoLimits Manual Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect

TrailHunter

Hooked
If you can trace the trigger wire, I don’t see why you couldn’t have the stock switch trigger a relay and then the relay power the unit.

I don’t think you would be able to use it any different than stock. I would assume you would need to be in 4 wheel drive under 25 mph for it to work since that switch is tied into the canbus.

I'd have to buy and install a solenoid for my ARB.... then add a switch for the ARB Twin in the cab (currently next to compressor) , and then figure out the switch for the disconnect..... I think I'll keep things cheap & simple.... Lol... plus it will be easy to put it back to stock if needed. Thanks guys!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'd have to buy and install a solenoid for my ARB.... then add a switch for the ARB Twin in the cab (currently next to compressor) , and then figure out the switch for the disconnect..... I think I'll keep things cheap & simple.... Lol... plus it will be easy to put it back to stock if needed. Thanks guys!

Well you could leave your arb switch under the hood since it has to be on all the time anyway with the disconnect if you want to use it. You would just need one switch in the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Well you could leave your arb switch under the hood since it has to be on all the time anyway with the disconnect if you want to use it. You would just need one switch in the cab.

True... right now the ARB is not "keyed", it's straight to the battery.... so if I leave it on, the fan will run with the key off (which is easy to fix as keyed)... But I'd still have to open the hood to shut it off.... I think when I get to the point where I'm mounting SFZ or Painless switches in the Cab, I will re-visit the compressor switch and adding the EVO on Demand.... I can sell the No limits at that point to a member for cheap, or give it away.... Plus, I live in the city.... so when I hit the dirt, I'm there for a while..... turning a knob is no big deal. I'm pretty sure though, the first time I'm laying on my back in the Mud, Turning My Knob.... I'll be thinking of you. :daydream:

JAGS

Hooked
Hey guys, I think I’d like to install an EVO no limits manual disconnect because it gets annoying when it’s on/off at higher speeds on the trail and non useable in 2wd.... I understand that I need to also use a programmer to shut off the light once I do this... I would like to buy both items off the wayalife amazon shopping list, but the only programmer I see is the superchips flashpaq... will that do what I need....or is there another programmer (AEV) that I need to buy? And will the same programmer work for tire size adjustment?

Just curious, your e-discos work fine currently?

The reason they reconnect is because it is actually safer to be connected at higher speeds and especially if making turns. The 2wd thing is kind of the pits.

I did everything I could within reason to keep my cheater button for the e-disco. But I think I fried the harness or the switch. Im now using the manual no limits. If I was running an arb compressor, I'd do the air command. No hesitation. That said, lot of folks run the manual and it does a great job for the problem it solves.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Just curious, your e-discos work fine currently?

The reason they reconnect is because it is actually safer to be connected at higher speeds and especially if making turns. The 2wd thing is kind of the pits.

I did everything I could within reason to keep my cheater button for the e-disco. But I think I fried the harness or the switch. Im now using the manual no limits. If I was running an arb compressor, I'd do the air command. No hesitation. That said, lot of folks run the manual and it does a great job for the problem it solves.

Yeah, the disco works just fine... but I have found it really easy to exceed the speed limits of the stock setup. For example the New Years run, we were movin pretty good.... but I had to stay locked as it was too fast.....or I was in 2wd. Happens almost every-time I go offroad... I’m attracted to the manual No Limits, because of the “set it and forget it” factor, as soon as the Jeep sees dirt.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I have seen a few things around the internet where people have got rid of the computer board in the sway bar. Makes it essentially an electric motor that can be run off a regular switch. Might be a good option for switch on demand and no restrictions for when you can be disconnected.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have seen a few things around the internet where people have got rid of the computer board in the sway bar. Makes it essentially an electric motor that can be run off a regular switch. Might be a good option for switch on demand and no restrictions for when you can be disconnected.

Piginajeep did this. I’m gonna take his and put it on mine.

TrailHunter

Hooked

That sounds like an awesome solution .... I’ll GTS. (Google That Shit)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That sounds like an awesome solution .... I’ll GTS. (Google That Shit)

It’s a pain in the ass, but works well.

Here’s the switch number you need. Make a copy because I just broke it getting it out of the trim to get a pic. It’s going in the trash.

It’s not an easy one to find and guys don’t explain it well, it needs to be on/off/momentary.

It operates by flipping to momentary quickly, this kicks the lever open, then you flip it back to on quickly. This turns the magnet on holding the lever open(disconnecting)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
It’s a pain in the ass, but works well.

Here’s the switch number you need. Make a copy because I just broke it getting it out of the trim to get a pic. It’s going in the trash.

It’s not an easy one to find and guys don’t explain it well, it needs to be on/off/momentary.

It operates by flipping to momentary quickly, this kicks the lever open, then you flip it back to on quickly. This turns the magnet on holding the lever open(disconnecting)

Yeah.... just watched a couple videos.... does look like a Pain in the Ass... surprised no one has made a plug in fix yet... liability issue I guess.

Crap! That sucks you just broke it... It’s Overlanders fault! Lol.. pic is kinda dark... I googled 1546 R...

Is this the one?

IMG_6593.JPG

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
So I’ve installed the Evo no limits which was easy.... but I can’t get the superchips flashcal to turn off the flashing sway bar light.... I tried clearing the dtc but it’s not working... am I doing something wrong? Should I have bought the AEV? Or do I need to upgrade to the "FlashPAQ" thats like another $350!

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So I’ve installed the Evo no limits which was easy.... but I can’t get the superchips flashcal to turn off the flashing sway bar light.... I tried clearing the dtc but it’s not working... am I doing something wrong? Should I have bought the AEV? Or do I need to upgrade to the "FlashPAQ" thats like another $350!

apparently you need to update the flashcal version using spark or whatever? I'm not sure, I was actually just talking about this a few days ago with Exodus Jeeps. It seems to me like it would be under a menu, and not a DTC code since the sway bar isnt a "CEL". Check the menus! ATTEMPT to update via spark, recheck the menus. Who knows.

For what its worth, I've wasted MANY hours trying to update this fucking thing in the past, in an attempt to get the TPMS to work as I was lead to believe it could be used (Functions the AEV offers right out of the box, Oh, and 3 years later, still no success FYI) IMO, the superchips flashcal is the biggest POS, and a total waste of money. If I EVER "had to upgrade to the FlashPAC". I'll literally just throw the superchips in the trash, and buy the AEV instead. :twocents:

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
apparently you need to update the flashcal version using spark or whatever? I'm not sure, I was actually just talking about this a few days ago with Exodus Jeeps. It seems to me like it would be under a menu, and not a DTC code since the sway bar isnt a "CEL". Check the menus! ATTEMPT to update via spark, recheck the menus. Who knows.

IMO, my superchips flashcal is the biggest POS, and a total waste of money. If I EVER "have to upgrade to the FlashPAC" for a feature, I'll literally throw it in the trash, and buy the AEV. :twocents:

^^^ this. I did the update, checked the menu’s and no f’n way I’m upgrading & swapping my PCM just for a flashing light.... I’ve already reached out to Bubba regarding an AEV.

Benito

Caught the Bug

For what its worth, I've wasted MANY hours trying to update this fucking thing in the past, in an attempt to get the TPMS to work as I was lead to believe it could be used (Functions the AEV offers right out of the box, Oh, and 3 years later, still no success FYI) IMO, the superchips flashcal is the biggest POS, and a total waste of money. If I EVER "had to upgrade to the FlashPAC". I'll literally just throw the superchips in the trash, and buy the AEV instead. :twocents:

Do you have the older model that has the small monochrome LCD screen? I had that one for the green Jeep and had the same issue with TPMS, but i was able to do an update on it once. When i got the new jeep i got another superchips flash cal and this new one has a color screen and the TPMS feature did work out of the box, i haven’t tried to do an update on it yet and it is a quicker than the old model. I know if you want the tuning capabilities you need to send in your PCM to get unlocked if you have a 2015+.

Exodus 4x4

Do you have the older model that has the small monochrome LCD screen? I had that one for the green Jeep and had the same issue with TPMS, but i was able to do an update on it once. When i got the new jeep i got another superchips flash cal and this new one has a color screen and the TPMS feature did work out of the box, i haven’t tried to do an update on it yet and it is a quicker than the old model. I know if you want the tuning capabilities you need to send in your PCM to get unlocked if you have a 2015+.

As much as I like the AEV Procal for its simplicity, that’s also its downfall. There’s a few reasons why the Superchips is kind of worth the pain in the ass it can be. Actually it doesn’t bother me much anymore, but that could be because of scaled up in terms of problems, lol.

Top Bottom