Evo plush or coilovers?

CanadianJK72

I have the bolt on coilovers with currie front lower arms and I would say the ride is similar to stock. Sometimes I think is harsh and then others it feels great. There is minimal body roll in turns. I have not adjusted any pressures in them yet, only ride height. I still need to adjust the timing rings too.

What is the max ride height you can set with those , I'm looking to have similar setup wanting 4.5 ish of lift with 40's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Am I correct planning to go straight to coil overs becuase it would be a "one and done" syspension setup?

I wouldn't have to change my whole lift if I wanted to get bigger tires (understanding that there are other things to consider when changing tire size). I would just adjust the height of the C/O and the length LCAs. I could adjust the ride by having the valve timing changed. (though I dont think Ill need too).

For the most part, yes. The upper coil that comes with the kit is on the soft side and depending on how much gear you have on your Jeep and how high you are wanting to go in the future, you may find that you'll want to replace the coils with heavier rated ones. Still, that doesn't cost too much to do and it really is an IF and a MAYBE.

StrizzyChris

Am I correct planning to go straight to coil overs becuase it would be a "one and done" syspension setup?

Eddie covered this with his comment, but I'd like to add that a coilover system is not a simple maintenance free system. Unlike a simple coil lift the CO will need rebuilding from time to time. This is especially true and more often if you use it for its designed use.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie covered this with his comment, but I'd like to add that a coilover system is not a simple maintenance free system. Unlike a simple coil lift the CO will need rebuilding from time to time. This is especially true and more often if you use it for its designed use.

What Chris said ^^^

Coil overs are awesome but do require maintenance to keep them awesome. Speed more than anything will expedite the need for a little TLC.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
For the most part, yes. The upper coil that comes with the kit is on the soft side and depending on how much gear you have on your Jeep and how high you are wanting to go in the future, you may find that you'll want to replace the coils with heavier rated ones. Still, that doesn't cost too much to do and it really is an IF and a MAYBE.

Thank you for the reply and info. :thumb:

What Chris said ^^^

Coil overs are awesome but do require maintenance to keep them awesome. Speed more than anything will expedite the need for a little TLC.

I do remember you talking with someone else about that need. (2013Rubirick or crippledpete). It was about $100 plus shipping, per coil over and you normally get them done about once a year, correct? I don't foresee a problem with my Jeep being up on jack stands for a week or so. Plus I know the time frame for me will be a lot longer as I don't drive fast.

.....and the proof of your statement.

View attachment 132760

Best picture of EVO1!!!!

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

It was about $100 plus shipping, per coil over and you normally get them done about once a year, correct?

It truly is a demand/use based need. Mostly on road miles with monthly wheeling or only light duty off road use = more time and miles between rebuilding. Could be a few years before it's needed.

HEAVY Duty use and high volume of it and you could require 2 or 3 times in one year....granted that's like race use but you get the point.

jivesis

Well I think I'll save a $1000 and got the plush with rr kings.. With the savings I can get the king bumps for the front that should help with the high speeds stuff..

Ronstar83

FWIW I have had a 15' Hard Rock with the Evo Evolution Plush Ride Kit and Fox 2.0 res. adjustable shocks. Even on the softer settings I was surprised how bumpy the setup is on Oregon roads.. To be fair, I have only been able to get a couple thousand miles on it so far coming out of an 08 jk with a worn in superlift kit after 6 years isn't fair to compare I suppose. Luckily my 15 has the built in shower option and spent a few months at the dealer so Chrysler will have it back soon. I get to do it all over again! :crazyeyes: I am still up in the air on a coil over system myself.. I was hoping to have something pretty soft for the day to day but able to stiffen up on play dates to Brown's Camp.. Maybe I didn't have the setup long enough for break-in.. Anyone have a similar setup long enough to shed light on this?

jivesis

FWIW I have had a 15' Hard Rock with the Evo Evolution Plush Ride Kit and Fox 2.0 res. adjustable shocks. Even on the softer settings I was surprised how bumpy the setup is on Oregon roads.. To be fair, I have only been able to get a couple thousand miles on it so far coming out of an 08 jk with a worn in superlift kit after 6 years isn't fair to compare I suppose. Luckily my 15 has the built in shower option and spent a few months at the dealer so Chrysler will have it back soon. I get to do it all over again! :crazyeyes: I am still up in the air on a coil over system myself.. I was hoping to have something pretty soft for the day to day but able to stiffen up on play dates to Brown's Camp.. Maybe I didn't have the setup long enough for break-in.. Anyone have a similar setup long enough to shed light on this?

Ok, I've heard the evo plush kit is nice and soft on road. Must have been your fox shocks, my fox rr and synergy could ride super stiff.. But hopefully the evo plush with there kings rr are soft on road..

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

What's the load range on your tires, air pressure?

Top Bottom