Evo Tire Carrier Specs

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
The blockage of lights is another reason I went with the Genright Tire Carrier. Nothing wrong with the EVO Tire Carrier, but for what it is worth, the Genright had just a few more positives to it.

The blockage of lights is another reason I went with the Genright Tire Carrier. Nothing wrong with the EVO Tire Carrier, but for what it is worth, the Genright had just a few more positives to it.

I like both a lot. Not sure what direction I will go. But I do believe I have limited it down to those two. Originally I was also looking at the PS but I don't think so anymore.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I've drove behind hundreds of Evo carrier rigs on the trail and on the highway. Never had an issue seeing brake lights.

Christarp

The only issue with looking at brake lights is when you're directly behind it and close. In any actual driving situation (sitting on the left side of the car) you can always at least see one side. Further, making a third brake light is easy as piss. I made a combo third brake light, license plate light, reverse indicator and mounted it up.

IMG_0707.jpg

Middle two are red, outer ones are white, license plate light underneath them. Sorry it's hard to see, it's the best picture I've got.

Christarp

How did you attach those rotopax tanks? Strap all the way around the tire?

Yep, rotopax mounts mounted to some scrap steel and then strapped down.

IMG_0633.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg

the notches in the top are to lash them together with a strap and then I got two big heavy duty black ratchet straps that go all the way around the tire. to keep it strapped. The first photo is kind of a mock up of what it looks like.

If you do end up making something similar just know that it's not at all a permanent solution.. I only use them when I'm actually out and about.

Last edited:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Yep, rotopax mounts mounted to some scrap steel and then strapped down.

View attachment 186948
View attachment 186949

the notches in the top are to lash them together with a strap and then I got two big heavy duty black ratchet straps that go all the way around the tire. to keep it strapped. The first photo is kind of a mock up of what it looks like.

If you do end up making something similar just know that it's not at all a permanent solution.. I only use them when I'm actually out and about.

Very clever design. I like it.

Top Bottom