Evo Tire Carrier Specs

jk12blk

Actually thats my bad, I saw overlanders 2nd post, not the first where he had quoted me.

This is really simple guys. New member logs in and posts asking for information. New member is immediately accused of corporate thievery and trolled. New member better states his intentions and posts picture of his purchase. New member is looked up on other forums (seriously!) and trolled some more.

What planet do you people live on where this is considered normal? Yeah I said mtg's post was unacceptable cuz it was unacceptable. OP didnt break any forum rules, wasnt a smartass and quite frankly asked for information. I thought this forum was about providing members information when they ask for it in a friendly, glad to help fashion. The more i read though, people are doing background checks on others and being extremely overly critical in typical internet smartass fashion. If thats what wayalife stands for then maybe I chose the wrong forum to call home. I was raised to have respect for others and if that offends all of you then I'll leave you to your troll sessions and move on... No sweat off my back!;)
I think you nailed it, but it does not matter because few really care. This thread will soon fall to the wayside like so many others. Enjoy it for entertainment value.

WJCO

Meme King
This is really simple guys. New member logs in and posts asking for information. New member is immediately accused of corporate thievery and trolled..........blah blah blah blah

Looks like I missed the Sunday party. I could post a meme poking fun at you, but I'm going to level with you here instead. The OP has been a member of the forum for over a year with no posts. Then he posts a thread looking for EVO tire carrier specs. I can guarantee you most members here suspected exactly what MTG called out that he was going to build his own. That's how this whole thing got started.....Isn't the first time....Won't be the last time....

Looks like I missed the Sunday party. I could post a meme poking fun at you, but I'm going to level with you here instead. The OP has been a member of the forum for over a year with no posts. Then he posts a thread looking for EVO tire carrier specs. I can guarantee you most members here suspected exactly what MTG called out that he was going to build his own. That's how this whole thing got started.....Isn't the first time....Won't be the last time....

Thanks for your input, you're one of the "level headed" guys on here that I've come to respect because you are constantly helping others. I totally understand where you and the others are coming from and let's assume for a second that the OP was in fact going to build his own carrier... Highly unlikely but let's assume for the sake of argument. So long as he doesn't resell to the public and makes one for his own personal use whats wrong with that? It would of course be obvious to all that it's not an evo carrier wouldn't it? There's a certain satisfaction that comes from making something yourself... Even if you use someone else's work as a guide. Now, my argument which was completely bypassed by unnecessary trolling is that if a guy possesses the skill to make a tire carrier then it's highly unlikely that he's gonna make a generic post on a forum asking for "tube diameter and weight" dont ya think? Are we that paranoid here that we think everyone is out to fuck everyone? Had mtg or anyone asked a simple question like, "why do you want to know those things" he would've gotten an honest response from OP and this all could've been alleviated. Instead he responded like an adolescent and I called him out on it, from there on out the rest is history.

This really speaks volumes about the kind of peeps on this site, I mean Are people here really that paranoid? If I asked what the specs are on the new hemi should you all immediately accuse me of trying to steal its design for my own personal gain? Listen, at the end of the day i certainly don't condone someone stealing another's hard work to profit on others... Thats just plain wrong. I can also say that I have one of the thickest skins you could imagine which is why I read most of the responses and just laughed! There is however a big difference between posting matrix memes and baby shampoo pics vs just being a plain ole douche bag which is why I said something in the first place. I will not apologize for my actions as I did nothing wrong. If the folks on here want to troll me for my opinion then so be it as well, There is nothing anybody here could say to me that could ever get under my skin. I'm the last person to be "self righteous" i just call em like i see em;)

Exodus 4x4

Thanks for your input, you're one of the "level headed" guys on here that I've come to respect because you are constantly helping others. I totally understand where you and the others are coming from and let's assume for a second that the OP was in fact going to build his own carrier... Highly unlikely but let's assume for the sake of argument. So long as he doesn't resell to the public and makes one for his own personal use whats wrong with that? It would of course be obvious to all that it's not an evo carrier wouldn't it? There's a certain satisfaction that comes from making something yourself... Even if you use someone else's work as a guide. Now, my argument which was completely bypassed by unnecessary trolling is that if a guy possesses the skill to make a tire carrier then it's highly unlikely that he's gonna make a generic post on a forum asking for "tube diameter and weight" dont ya think? Are we that paranoid here that we think everyone is out to fuck everyone? Had mtg or anyone asked a simple question like, "why do you want to know those things" he would've gotten an honest response from OP and this all could've been alleviated. Instead he responded like an adolescent and I called him out on it, from there on out the rest is history.

This really speaks volumes about the kind of peeps on this site, I mean Are people here really that paranoid? If I asked what the specs are on the new hemi should you all immediately accuse me of trying to steal its design for my own personal gain? Listen, at the end of the day i certainly don't condone someone stealing another's hard work to profit on others... Thats just plain wrong. I can also say that I have one of the thickest skins you could imagine which is why I read most of the responses and just laughed! There is however a big difference between posting matrix memes and baby shampoo pics vs just being a plain ole douche bag which is why I said something in the first place. I will not apologize for my actions as I did nothing wrong. If the folks on here want to troll me for my opinion then so be it as well, There is nothing anybody here could say to me that could ever get under my skin. I'm the last person to be "self righteous" i just call em like i see em;)

You're not "self righteous", just a martyr. Thought you left in post #52?

thardy

Banned
Had mtg or anyone asked a simple question like, "why do you want to know those things" he would've gotten an honest response from OP and this all could've been alleviated. Instead he responded like an adolescent and I called him out on it, from there on out the rest is history.

Had the OP stated the reason why he wanted the information, his response wouldn't have been what it was. Ever think about that side of things?

i just call em like i see em;)

Pretty sure that's what MTG was doing, but he's childish and you're infallible? :thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You need a new tampon?

Top Bottom