Evolving? New JKU Build thread!

132JKPNW

What everyone is trying to say is the joint that metalcloak uses is not the same as a Johnny Joint. A JJ is generally known as the best joint on the market, is rebuildable, and isn't going to blow out like the MetalCloak joints have. Also, there have been several issues with MetalCloak arms documented here. Do a search and they should come up. If MC is what you want, then by all means. No one is trying to talk you out of spending your money on what you want. They are just letting you know that there are better products out there and showing you your options. Also, seems to me like they are trying to help you not waste money, as all you need with that amount of lift is front lower control arms to correct caster. In your original post you stated 'all' opinions are welcomed. They are just sharing their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

All opinions are certainly encouraged and welcomed and I don't mean to debate anything, Rather get a better understanding. I certainly don't intend on wasting money and like to do things right the first time, that's why I asked you guys because y'all have a wealth of knowledge compared to me.

132JKPNW

So with either evo kit, double d or enforcer pro, what problems did y'all have if any? Would you have done anything different or regret anything, upgraded further?

132JKPNW

Besides the aforementioned, Im also thinking of the Goose Gear Floor plate, and Side Cubbies. Its not cheap, nor do I intend to try and recreate (Unless someone tells me it simple). I want the storage and clean look and will have wet dogs back there every so often. Anyone have experience/ input about it?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So with either evo kit, double d or enforcer pro, what problems did y'all have if any? Would you have done anything different or regret anything, upgraded further?

The Double D are long arms and while the kit calls itself "bolt-on", it's not. There's cutting, grinding and welding new brackets. The Enforcer is a "mid-arm" and uses the factory control arm brackets. Far different install between the two. You can attempt the DD install yourself, but hopefully it's not your first time or you'll be learning a lot on the job.

If you've got the time and money, the Double D is an awesome kit! :thumb:

132JKPNW

The Double D are long arms and while the kit calls itself "bolt-on", it's not. There's cutting, grinding and welding new brackets. The Enforcer is a "mid-arm" and uses the factory control arm brackets. Far different install between the two. You can attempt the DD install yourself, but hopefully it's not your first time or you'll be learning a lot on the job.

If you've got the time and money, the Double D is an awesome kit! :thumb:

The money and time will be there, the knowledge and or balls to cut my frame up might be lacking. I would imagine it would be another 800-1000 to have it installed as well. Luckily there are some good write ups on installing it.

132JKPNW

I have the AEV procal still that worked perfectly with my 2013, anyone know if it will still work with the 2017? While I'm at it, I did a lot of research and it doesn't seem like anything changed between the years, but I may have missed something. Anything new I should be aware of?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I have the AEV procal still that worked perfectly with my 2013, anyone know if it will still work with the 2017? While I'm at it, I did a lot of research and it doesn't seem like anything changed between the years, but I may have missed something. Anything new I should be aware of?

I'm more familiar with the Procal, but I know there were some software updates starting with 2015 (I believe). You may want to check with AEM to see if there's a software update required first. I think FCA made the later models tougher to crack and you may even have to send your ECU off to be unlocked first.

ScoobyCarolanNC

You have to unregister it from your VIN. I don't know if that means your Jeep goes back to "stock" mode though. You may need to put it in the glovebox & get a new one. I'd call AEV and ask. I know there are different revisions of it so maybe you need a new one anyway.

Sent from my duck blind.

132JKPNW

You have to unregister it from your VIN. I don't know if that means your Jeep goes back to "stock" mode though. You may need to put it in the glovebox & get a new one. I'd call AEV and ask. I know there are different revisions of it so maybe you need a new one anyway.

Sent from my duck blind.

Thanks for the information and that makes sense. It might be better off with the old jeep depending on who buys it. I'll give AEV a call and ask.

Top Bottom