Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I have a lot of respect for you and you helped out quite a bit during my build when you did't have to. For that I will always be grateful, but to say that I suck at driving, because I don't know when the tire split is total bullshit. The tires still relatively new to the market and don't come with a manual that specifies tire pressure for conditions. They felt good at 10, everyone else was running 10 and my rig is significantly lighter than those with me. They are c-rated 40's with a lot of sidewall that were aired down to 10 and they tore on a rock. End of discussion.

LOL!! Just calling it like I see it. Based on your build, I got the understanding that you really don't know whole lot of anything. Yeah, I've tried helping in the past but quickly realized that you're full of yourself and have gotten everything all figured out. It's because of it that I literally stopped following your build. Also, the fact that you would publicly self-proclaim that you're "detailed oriented and have an understanding of the mechanics that go into wheeling" put me in stitches. I have the pleasure of being personal friends with guys in this industry who have way more experience me and know a 100x more than I could ever hope to and NONE of them would EVER be caught dead say anything as lame and arrogant as that. It is this one line more than anything that got me to lose any respect I might of had for you. You my friend are a poser - END OF DISCUSSION. :yup:

And I’m telling you, since i was there and you weren’t, that the tire was holding pressure and held pressure when we finally saw it and continued to hold pressure for another hour after we saw it and made no noise in that time period. When the tire finally started to leak you could hear the noise you are talking about.

Yea he’s clearly not getting it. Not sure what else you can say at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
And I’m telling you, since i was there and you weren’t, that the tire was holding pressure and held pressure when we finally saw it and continued to hold pressure for another hour after we saw it and made no noise in that time period. When the tire finally started to leak you could hear the noise you are talking about.

Yea he’s clearly not getting it. Not sure what else you can say at this point.

And I’m telling you, since you were not there and I was, mine held air as well but It only let a seap of air out every rotation. It wasn’t until I had ddays, Hinrich, and sheafadellic look and listen for it till we found it. I guess you guys aren’t getting it tho. Not sure what to say at this point. :Idontknow:

Benito

Caught the Bug
And I’m telling you, since you were not there and I was, mine held air as well but It only let a seap of air out every rotation. It wasn’t until I had ddays, Hinrich, and sheafadellic look and listen for it till we found it. I guess you guys aren’t getting it tho. Not sure what to say at this point. :Idontknow:

Exactly! Two different experiences, yet here you are being daft, saying that someone is a bad driver because they had a different experience than you did.

That's exactly what happened with us. The same EXACT thing. So why you are making this into a controversy is beyond me... :idontknow:

Jackal01

You literally quoted Benito the same fucking thing that happened to you. You just worded it differently than him. Doesn't mean their situation was different.

stitch1

Back to the original topic... :crazyeyes: I agree with Eddie, these are the best mud terrain tires I have driven in the snow. I have far less experience with tires than he has. However, I've had Goodyears, Interco, and three different types of BFGs (ok, one was an A/T) and the Coopers do great in the snow. This was my first winter with them and was very impressed. I am running the load range D version and normally air down to 15psi and have been very happy with them off-road. They hook up well in the rocks and do a very good job keeping the mud from gumming up the tread.

I fully plan to buy them again once this set wears out. However, I might go for the 13.5" width next time. Mine are 37x12.5x17 on stock wheels with spacers.

benatc1

Hooked
Man if I had a gash that big in my tire and it held air for that long to where I didn’t know when it happened, I think I’d be praising how great the tire was cause it held air for that long rather than blowing out, but hey I’m currently just a web wheeler.

Trail JK

Op hope you can get everything figured out for your next set up.

IMG_1711.jpg

A tire? Oh yes, I’ll take 5... I go through those things like an all you can eat shrimp platter. [emoji23]

aermotor

What sort of mileage is everyone getting on 37s? I’m at 36,000 (30 months) and they are getting pretty low. Can probably scrape another 5K or so.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, mine are getting close to 50k or so - I can't remember exactly - getting old - and I still have half tread left. :thinking:

What sort of mileage is everyone getting on 37s? I’m at 36,000 (30 months) and they are getting pretty low. Can probably scrape another 5K or so.

I’ve got just over 35k on mine and I’ve still got close to 40% tread. They are starting to take a bit more weight to balance and like any tire they are getting louder but, still going strong. IMG_3388.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
25K and I believe 12/32ish left. Definitely getting loud and kind of picky with weights and locations. I have two that have to be opposite sides from each other (driver-passenger) or it pulls really bad to whatever side they’re both on. But as long as is gets rotated correctly they drive great!!

aermotor

Holy crap to those posts above! That is insane life left—mine are literally gone. How often are you rotating?

IMG_1573.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve got just over 35k on mine and I’ve still got close to 40% tread. They are starting to take a bit more weight to balance and like any tire they are getting louder but, still going strong.

This is about what ours looked like before swapping them out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap to those posts above! That is insane life left—mine are literally gone. How often are you rotating?

When's the last time you checked your toe? If I could guess, it's off and that's what's causing yours to wear so much.

Top Bottom