Exploring the Middle of Nowhere Nevada in Renny - Our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Eddie and Cindy I'm happy to say that your adventure with Renny has officially convinced my wife that she really reallllllyyyyyyy :eek: wants a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk :thumb:

So in the near future along with the future JK is a future Renegade Trailhawk :clap2:

Lord were talking about a possible 2 Jeep family :wings:

Last edited:

xrocknrollx

Thanks for the update on your new toy, I'm really thinking one in anvil to match my jkur would be a great replacement for my current dd, a cheap ass Honda fit. But then again my Honda was extremely cheap and runs well, thou it's gay as all hell

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie and Cindy I'm happy to say that your adventure with Renny has officially convinced my wife that she really reallllllyyyyyyy :eek: wants a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk :thumb:

So in the near future along with the future JK is a future Renegade Trailhawk :clap2:

Lord were talking about a possible 2 Jeep family :wings:

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you get :thumb:

What a cool spot to get away. Thanks for the history lesson. Also dig your new toy.

Thank you, we really like our new toy too and really, it's perfect for a trip like this :yup:

Thanks for the update on your new toy, I'm really thinking one in anvil to match my jkur would be a great replacement for my current dd, a cheap ass Honda fit. But then again my Honda was extremely cheap and runs well, thou it's gay as all hell

Honestly, I think you'd really like it a lot as a replacement for what you have now.

TrailBear

Very cool trip, Eddie you should talk to the rancho guys, the lift strut/shock they use for Toyotas might work for you. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429458567.780203.jpg

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Nice pics, but for those of us who live in Round Mountain we don't exactly think this area is the "middle of nowhere". Glad you enjoyed your tour, but that is barely the tip of the iceberg in this area. So much history you won't find on the maps is hidden all over. Love this place!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pics, but for those of us who live in Round Mountain we don't exactly think this area is the "middle of nowhere". Glad you enjoyed your tour, but that is barely the tip of the iceberg in this area. So much history you won't find on the maps is hidden all over. Love this place!

LOL!! Wasn't trying to offend those of you who live out there, if anything, I'm kind of jealous. As far as icebergs go, it's what we love the most about that part of Nevada - so much to see :)

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
No offense taken, we prefer to refer to our selves as "centrally located". Nevada is a magnificent place to explore. When you take into account we have more mountain ranges than any other state, and our rich mining history, you quickly find out that there are magnificent bits of history tucked in every nook and cranny of this great state. Add the great array of hot springs available for soaking and you are guaranteed a fantastic outing each and every time.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

WOW! Great trip! Awesome photography.

I think the round cylindrical pieces you saw next to the boiler are core samples from mining test holes. The tattered cardboard laying about also make me think that is what they are. I've seen old mine shafts and even buildings filled with them. Numbered and sequenced so the miners can decide where to dig next.

Many great spots. I agree. Let's keep a few secret.

Thanks for writing it all up. Made my day.

spicoli

If you look in the distance, you can see the other mill across the canyon.
main.php

Fun little water crossing on our way down the canyon.
main.php

Looks like a fun trip. I enjoy the solitude of the desert trips. Curious why the Renegade is SO clean in these shots. Haven't you been on a dirt road? Did you wash it right before taking these pics? :D

Top Bottom