FIRST TIME : Lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk & Stock JK Rubicon on the Rocks

crumpler

If I was shopping for a small SUV this video would certainly inspire me to check out the Trailhawk equipped Renegade.
But the price point for a 'hawk'd out Renny would leave me feeling a lil cold I think.
PERSONALLY, I'd rather get a new base JKU Sport or a nicely equipped 1-2 year old JKU, and have a larger, more capable Jeep with a TON of aftermarket support.

If I could get a Trailhawk for $20K or less, it would be up for consideration, though.

What do you guys think?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Ren really shined in performance going over those rocks, great driving skills also... Time to invest in some armor though lol!

Thank you and YES!! We're literally chomping at the bit waiting for a set of rocker guards :crazyeyes:

Sssssssssss! This video rocks! Easy! :thumbup::thumbup:

:cheesy: Thank you so much for joining us out on Last Chance Canyon and for helping to spot me over the rocks. Cindy and I had a ton of fun with you and Steph :thumb:

Great video I loved Susan's facial expressions. Renny did great. I've been pleasantly surprised with what it can do.

LOL!! We absolutely LOVE wheeling with newbies. The excitement and enthusiasm is contagious and it always reminds us of what it was like the first time we took on some rocks. :yup:

Thanks for sharing. I was very surprised by how the Renegade did. I hope to see some more adventures with it.

We're glad you enjoyed it and you can count on more adventures to come :cool:

JAGS

Hooked
What an awesome trip. Wish I could've made it out with you.

Renny was really impressive watching that thing take on some rocks. I bet it's a bit like being a newby again. [emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I was shopping for a small SUV this video would certainly inspire me to check out the Trailhawk equipped Renegade.
But the price point for a 'hawk'd out Renny would leave me feeling a lil cold I think.
PERSONALLY, I'd rather get a new base JKU Sport or a nicely equipped 1-2 year old JKU, and have a larger, more capable Jeep with a TON of aftermarket support.

If I could get a Trailhawk for $20K or less, it would be up for consideration, though.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more. If I could only afford to have one Jeep and wheeling as much as I'd prefer, I'd rather get a JK Sport as it will still be way more capable than a Renegade Trailhawk. In my opinion, Jeep blew it by pricing the Renegade so high because I really do think they would sell so many more units if it were more affordable.

Your little red jeep looks pretty capable with the mods you have made to it. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did not expect that from a renegade. But i'm very impressed

Truth be told, we didn't even expect it to do all this :crazyeyes:

What an awesome trip. Wish I could've made it out with you.

Renny was really impressive watching that thing take on some rocks. I bet it's a bit like being a newby again. [emoji41]

You know, that's the best part about driving the Renegade - it can be a challenge driving over the smallest rocks in a way that you could never feel challenged in something like moby unless you were about to die :crazyeyes:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Just finished watching it. I like the new Renegade because, after watching this video, looks like it's still a Jeep at heart and does just fine off the pavement.

Daro

Great video like always. I'm not surprised that jeeps other than the wrangler can do well on the trail. I have a lifted 2007 Grand Cherokee, and people are always surprised how far it can go

crumpler

Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more. If I could only afford to have one Jeep and wheeling as much as I'd prefer, I'd rather get a JK Sport as it will still be way more capable than a Renegade Trailhawk. In my opinion, Jeep blew it by pricing the Renegade so high because I really do think they would sell so many more units if it were more affordable.

Glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

Glad I'm not totally out of order with my thoughts regarding pricing.

My Jeep is a 2012 JKU Sport that I purchased in January of 2013 with only 4,000 miles on it for $25,500.
It wasn't even the basest of models, as mine was equipped with the 17" alloy wheels (instead of the sad little 16" steelies), power options, tinted windows on the non-premium soft top, and a couple other options I'm forgetting - what they used to refer to in the marketing material as the 24S package... For $25,500 - this is a LOT of capable Jeep!

To think the starting price of the Renny Trailhawk is thousands more?

Nope. Not for my dollars, I'd get another JK.

Fridge81

This video should be a great inspiration to anyone who looking for an entry level rig and possibly wanting to go bigger. I loved watching the novice in the built rig and the veteran in the questionable rig. Man, the renegade freaking stole the show! I had a grin on my face the whole video! That little thing rocks, haha! I can't believe how well it did! You gotta love the expressions and excitement from the lady in the built rig though....we've all been in her shoes. Best feeling ever and a pure joy to witness first hand....she's hooked, just like us....

Dubzy

Wow! Not going to lie, I am full blown impressed. I honestly would not have thought a renegade would be able to do that.

RockyJk

Renny did awesome! Was waiting to see it do the V-notch haha Last Chance canyon is a fun trail [emoji106]

Bathtub23

Looks like a fun trail and good friends. That is what the jeep life is all about no matter what kind of jeep you are in. And by the way, I'm glad you're not giving away an old or used t-shirt!!

Top Bottom