FIRST TIME : Lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk & Stock JK Rubicon on the Rocks

JKinAK

That's pretty cool! I know my wife has been looking at these. The lift/wheels and tires really spiced up the look. We might have to pick one up!

Karnaugh

Impressive little machine. Just need some armor. Love the technology with the traction control assist without lockers.

Trevo

Not really a fan of the renegade, comes off to me as a hipster car, but I'm slightly impressed with it's performance as seen in the video.

That being said, I would never purchase one myself. Good video though as always. :)

Sessoms14X

Another job well done Eddie. It's cool to see what this jeep is capable of. I really liked how you put in a stock wrangler as well. Watching the video I just kept thinking how much of a difference the driving would be if the bumpers weren't so bulky and would give ya a better angle at things. I'll be keeping an eye on this little jeep to see what it can become.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished watching it. I like the new Renegade because, after watching this video, looks like it's still a Jeep at heart and does just fine off the pavement.

Obviously, there are a lot of people who don't like the Renegade but really, they're kidding themselves if they really think it's not a Jeep at heart. :yup:

Great video like always. I'm not surprised that jeeps other than the wrangler can do well on the trail. I have a lifted 2007 Grand Cherokee, and people are always surprised how far it can go

Couldn't agree with you more. I have no doubts that Jeep makes every effort to make ALL their vehicles capable of going off road and having some fun. :yup:

Glad I'm not totally out of order with my thoughts regarding pricing.

My Jeep is a 2012 JKU Sport that I purchased in January of 2013 with only 4,000 miles on it for $25,500.
It wasn't even the basest of models, as mine was equipped with the 17" alloy wheels (instead of the sad little 16" steelies), power options, tinted windows on the non-premium soft top, and a couple other options I'm forgetting - what they used to refer to in the marketing material as the 24S package... For $25,500 - this is a LOT of capable Jeep!

To think the starting price of the Renny Trailhawk is thousands more?

Nope. Not for my dollars, I'd get another JK.

To be fair, that is for a Trailhawk. You can get a Sport for about $17k. Granted, the Trailhawk has what it takes to do what we did but then, not everyone will want or need to do what we did :cool:

This video should be a great inspiration to anyone who looking for an entry level rig and possibly wanting to go bigger. I loved watching the novice in the built rig and the veteran in the questionable rig. Man, the renegade freaking stole the show! I had a grin on my face the whole video! That little thing rocks, haha! I can't believe how well it did! You gotta love the expressions and excitement from the lady in the built rig though....we've all been in her shoes. Best feeling ever and a pure joy to witness first hand....she's hooked, just like us....

Exactly! You just can't make that stuff up and I think what you see in Susan is what ultimately got us all into the Jeep WAYALIFE :yup:

Nice little video guys.

What was it shot with? - the images are soooo crisp!

If you can believe it, we just use an old Sony HD camcorder. Of course, Cindy has a way of working some magic too ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you wheel it bro?
Yeah, bro.
Damn straight - Eddie can! Nicely done.

LOL!! Thanks, I appreciate it :cool:

Loved the video! I was extremely surprised at the ability of the renegade!

Wow! Not going to lie, I am full blown impressed. I honestly would not have thought a renegade would be able to do that.

No joke - so was I. At one point and time, we had the JK go in front of us thinking we'd need a tug up some of the obstacles but much to our amazement, none was needed.

Renny did awesome! Was waiting to see it do the V-notch haha Last Chance canyon is a fun trail [emoji106]

:shock: Maybe next time.... NOT :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool! I'm surprised at how well the little Renegade did. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed watching it go :cool:

Looks like a fun trail and good friends. That is what the jeep life is all about no matter what kind of jeep you are in. And by the way, I'm glad you're not giving away an old or used t-shirt!!

:cheesy: Now that's funny. That being said, the shirt is a brand new "design" :yup:

That's pretty cool! I know my wife has been looking at these. The lift/wheels and tires really spiced up the look. We might have to pick one up!

Awesome :thumb:

Impressive little machine. Just need some armor. Love the technology with the traction control assist without lockers.

DEFINITELY needs some armor. As for the traction control, it's WAY BETTER than what comes on the JK. I can only hope they include it on the new JL. It's almost like having lockers.

Erockhopper

Great video, classic Jeeping day spent with friends and ending with an incredible sunset and some fender trimming/body work.

Fridge81

That's a fact! You killed it with this video. Bravo. Seriously makes my heart smile because this encompasses so many jeep emotions that I feel. Sorry, not sorry if it's weird that I classify "Jeep" as an emotion...haha!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not really a fan of the renegade, comes off to me as a hipster car, but I'm slightly impressed with it's performance as seen in the video.

That being said, I would never purchase one myself. Good video though as always. :)

LOL!! I'd be the first to admit that the Renegade isn't for everyone. That being said, I think we've proven that it is still a Jeep :yup:

I am really enjoying watching what that little jeep can do. Cant wait to see more videos

Glad you enjoyed it and you can be sure we will do more with it in the future :yup:

Another job well done Eddie. It's cool to see what this jeep is capable of. I really liked how you put in a stock wrangler as well. Watching the video I just kept thinking how much of a difference the driving would be if the bumpers weren't so bulky and would give ya a better angle at things. I'll be keeping an eye on this little jeep to see what it can become.

The big front bumper really is a liability. The break over angles aren't too bad with a lift and the departure angle is actually okay. Cindy and I are hoping to address some of these things in the near future.

Great driving! Thanks for the video. Renegade aesthetically undesirable.

Thank you. I'm sure Jeep had a different audience in mind than guys who already own a Wrangler. :)

thardy

Banned
Simply impressive, that's all there is to say. Too cool to actually see a Renegade out on the trail!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, classic Jeeping day spent with friends and ending with an incredible sunset and some fender trimming/body work.

Thank you, it really was a perfect Jeeping day and really, it's the time we get to spend with friends and out in such amazing places that makes us love the Jeep WAYALIFE so much. :yup:

That's a fact! You killed it with this video. Bravo. Seriously makes my heart smile because this encompasses so many jeep emotions that I feel. Sorry, not sorry if it's weird that I classify "Jeep" as an emotion...haha!

Thank you! We really do appreciate it and we're so glad that we were able to capture just how much fun we have out on the trail. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Great video and great wheeling. It's really impressive what you've done with the rig and how you use it. Of course, I'm just a newbie here posting so I can win some free shit.

Fridge81

Thanks for what you do, man. You and Cindy are pretty awesome. I know I'll catch up you some day, be it on the trail or by Happenstance, either way it'll be a pleasure shake to both of your hands. Thank you both.

Top Bottom