Flip-1953 M38A1

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Oh, and I would paint it :yup:

It’s getting close! I ordered a dual master cylinder retro fit from Herm the overdrive guy. This M38A1 has one of his over drives. I’m interested to see how it works.

Pressure washed the frame so I can prep for paint

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
When this heep rolled over it bent the front rims. Digging deeper it bent the flange as well [emoji15]

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7154.jpg

No worries, I’ll pull the parts from the donor

IMG_6782.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Crazy that shit got bent like that.

It wasn’t just the spindle. I can’t get a good picture but it bent the cast Hubs and backing plates all in one shot.

As far as I can tell that’s where the damage stops. If it’s turns out to be more. I’ll just swap the whole axle. [emoji29]

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well fuck! Swapped all the hub parts over. Passenger side of the axle is bent. Which is crazy being the short side.

So I guess I’ll swap it. [emoji849]

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Well fuck! Swapped all the hub parts over. Passenger side of the axle is bent. Which is crazy being the short side.

Shit, sucks you had to go through all that to find out you have to swap it out. Guess that’s what makes a build so fun. [emoji51] He must of rolled it quite a few times to do that much damage or it hit in just the right spots.

WJCO

Meme King
It wasn’t just the spindle. I can’t get a good picture but it bent the cast Hubs and backing plates all in one shot.

As far as I can tell that’s where the damage stops. If it’s turns out to be more. I’ll just swap the whole axle. [emoji29]

You need an axle from a Ford Fteenthousand.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
^^^^That

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m going too, cleaning the frame up today. Hopefully the brake parts and paint come in this week so I can drop the tub on the frame for the final time.

I even cleaned up the stainless exhaust. I think it’s stainless anyways [emoji848][emoji848]

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Finally put some paint down. On the bottom of the tub anyways [emoji847]

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

Top Bottom