Freezing Truck-Lites

Holeshot

Banned

I already said that, and no I am looking at the right one, look, it will be in RED.

DOT compliant, High Beam and Low Beam performance
Newly-upgrade options feature a complex-reflector design that spreads light more evenly across the field of view
Provides brighter, crisper and whiter light output closer to the color temperature of daylight, dramatically improving light projection distance and overall visibility
Heated Lens options available for steady, complete-surface melting of snow and ice - only active when temperatures drop
Solid-state design with internal components sealed in epoxy to resists damage from shock & vibration
Hard wired design, fully encapsulated electronics & eCoat, die cast aluminum housing protect from damage caused by corrosive elements
Impact resistant non-yellowing lens-grade polycarbonate lens protects against damage caused by debris and other hazards
Retrofits any existing 7round headlamp application, 12v or 24v, as 9v-33v multivolt design operates in both 12v and 24v systems without adjustment
Overvoltage spike protection up to 600v
Constant voltage output does not increase or dim in response to system voltage changes
Short (3/8 and Long (3/4 bucket mounting studs options available

thanks for reading carrefully. :standing wave:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

I already said that, and no I am looking at the right one, look, it will be in RED.

thanks for reading carrefully. :standing wave:

View attachment 70421

Good job but did you read the part where it says "Notice: Developed for military use only-not recommended for 12v commercial vehicles." :standing wave::standing wave::standing wave::standing wave:

Oh and your little colored box does not apply to the heated lenses ones.

Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
Yeap, but IMHO, it must be only because of the different wiring you have to mod to make it fit.

In this case, explain me why it would be in the description?

Also, look at the product numbers at the bottom of the page, its clearly mentionned 12/24v WITH heated lens.

Untitled.jpg

ok, enough. This might be just bullshit and marketing. :standing wave:

Skid_Kid

I would simply not install these in your Jeeps, until Truck-Lite chimes in. There is a reason that they have the notice on the product page that states "Developed for military use only-not recommended for 12v commercial vehicles."

Maybe it is just me and y'all can tell me to go pound sand. But being in the Military and working on aircraft, when a company has "warnings, cautions, advisories and notices", I take them very seriously. Cause if you ignore these it could end in a loss of life.

Holeshot

Banned
I would simply not install these in your Jeeps, until Truck-Lite chimes in. There is a reason that they have the notice on the product page that states "Developed for military use only-not recommended for 12v commercial vehicles."

Maybe it is just me and y'all can tell me to go pound sand. But being in the Military and working on aircraft, when a company has "warnings, cautions, advisories and notices", I take them very seriously. Cause if you ignore these it could end in a loss of life.

I agree with you, but as a chrysler tech, sometimes, in the automobile industries, warnings are there to prevent dumb people to do stupid things. I agree, more often than not, these recommandations are founded and have reasons to be. There might be particular electrical reasons we are not aware of, like it could be as simple as "you have to mod the harness to fit your jeep and you might mess it up if you don't know what you're doing". But all this are suppositions, who knows.

We'll know more when TL will chime in.

:standing wave:

Skid_Kid

I agree with you, but as a chrysler tech, sometimes, in the automobile industries, warnings are there to prevent dumb people to do stupid things. I agree, more often than not, these recommandations are founded and have reasons to be. There might be particular electrical reasons we are not aware of, like it could be as simple as "you have to mod the harness to fit your jeep and you might mess it up if you don't know what you're doing". But all this are suppositions, who knows.

We'll know more when TL will chime in.

:standing wave:

Agreed. :thumb: So is it beer thirty yet? :beer:

Skid_Kid

Here is the only place you can get them with the warranty honored and a spliced wiring connection.

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...d-headlamps-review-|-offroad-elements-295456/

It sounds like the company is working with Truck Lite to manufacture these with the correct plug on them so they don't have to be spliced, but in the mean time Offroad Elements is offering to honor the warranty through them.

You may want to check with Offroad Elements to make sure their information is correct and they were told by Truck-Lite they could sell these for the JK modified with a warranty............. :grayno::grayno::grayno::grayno:

No need to get your panties in a bunch guys.

We are just looking for solutions.

Sure could use those heating elements!

View attachment 70620

Man Voodoo! That sucks!!!! Extension cord and hair dryer...... :cheesy::cheesy::standing wave::standing wave:

Last edited:

mattamd_xp

Truck lite won't honor the warranty after the wires are spliced. However, Offroad Elements stated that they will cover the warranty. I haven't contacted them directly, as I haven't had a problem with my truck lite's frosting up even though I've driven through several snow storms with them this year.

Voodoo Actual

Truck lite won't honor the warranty after the wires are spliced. However, Offroad Elements stated that they will cover the warranty. I haven't contacted them directly, as I haven't had a problem with my truck lite's frosting up even though I've driven through several snow storms with them this year.

I promise you the issue is a real one. :)

IPF's at work:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393271735.487917.jpg

Before turning the IPF's on:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393271881.782148.jpg

After picking the ice and snow off the Truck-Lites and Dually's - already re freezing:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393272036.601082.jpg

Last edited:

mattamd_xp

When and if Truck Lite makes them with the correct plug on them, I would consider them as I do live where we can get wet heavy snow. This year it's been cold enough every time it snows that it is too dry to stick to anything really.

Voodoo Actual

When and if Truck Lite makes them with the correct plug on them, I would consider them as I do live where we can get wet heavy snow. This year it's been cold enough every time it snows that it is too dry to stick to anything really.

I've been in some pretty cold environments with my TL and I haven't had the same experience - lenses freeze and the snow etc sticks for me. Hopefully the Turtlewax Defrost or something similar will keep snow and ice from sticking to the lens.

Top Bottom