Front axle leak tell me what I need to do.

jdofmemi

Jeep = :) = :broke: Yet still = :)

Best quote today!

Hell if I'm going to put money into the front axle I might as well just buy once cry once and step up. I just called Dynatrac and he said I potentially could have bent the front axel thus causing the leak.

I guess it could be possible because out last week coming down one of the open dirt roads about 45 miles an hour hit a gnarly hole on that side of the Jeep and now its leaking. Heading back home to see if it's visually bent.

I know it sounds a little ridiculous to go from a inner seal leak to buying a front PR44 but I'm also the type of person that says why throw money at something when it's going to give me a potential issue down the road.

I still need to put C's on it, now i need to replace a seal, and if it is more than a seal it just more to spend.

I've been holding off gearing my Jeep because I didn't want to throw money into the stock axle well now hear is my opportunity.

New inner seal come in a PR44 so that should fix that problem.

I was looking at pulling the trigger on the Evo coilover kit in the upcoming months but looks like the axle is going to take place first.

Wow that escalated quickly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Get the PR44, get it with 5.13 gears, and regear the rear also. It will feel like a new Jeep.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I like the logic . Mine rear end is sagging and it’s leaning . Probably need to trade out the springs for some coil overs . But then could be the axle so should swap in some 60s to be safe ... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mondricek

Sounds like a bad front inner axle seal. See my other post about running outer axle seals. Might be worth putting those in too while you change the inner seals. Waiting to see what other people think about them though. You might also want to change your wheel hub assemblies if they’re old

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Had a good conversation with Bubba today and now just tossings a few option around he put on the table for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom