Front axle leak tell me what I need to do.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I love how little problems lead into big solutions!!

Can’t help you much on that set. There are a lot of variables on a patched together set of axles like that, that would make me look in other places.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

I love how little problems lead into big solutions!!

Can’t help you much on that set. There are a lot of variables on a patched together set of axles like that, that would make me look in other places.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Shit Right!!!! Now I'm over here looking at a 60 fronts, researching the difference in 30 or 35 spline, different lockers, and if I should go regular PR44 and sell what is still good on the stock front.

I don't want to do things twice but dam 8k is a lot for one axels and who runs a 60 front and stock rear?

All this over a seal, but i known its inevitable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Shit Right!!!! Now I'm over here looking at a 60 fronts, researching the difference in 30 or 35 spline, different lockers, and if I should go regular PR44 and sell what is still good on the stock front.

I don't want to do things twice but dam 8k is a lot for one axels and who runs a 60 front and stock rear?

I get it. I’m so deep down that rabbit hole now it’s crazy. But I also hate sinking good money into a potential problem like a stock 44. There are a lot of guys out there that run the PR44 and a stock rear on 37s and are perfectly fine.

I kept bending rear flanges on the rear 44 with 37s so I gave up on that too.

A built PR44 would still have a lot of value to sell down the line if you decide that you need to go up to 1 Tons. But buying into a unknown set of axles like those that you had posted could be a future set of problems. Just my two cents.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

I get it. I’m so deep down that rabbit hole now it’s crazy. But I also hate sinking good money into a potential problem like a stock 44. There are a lot of guys out there that run the PR44 and a stock rear on 37s and are perfectly fine.

I kept bending rear flanges on the rear 44 with 37s so I gave up on that too.

A built PR44 would still have a lot of value to sell down the line if you decide that you need to go up to 1 Tons. But buying into a unknown set of axles like those that you had posted could be a future set of problems. Just my two cents.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I appreciate your input on the 44s and after reading that link a few times there is too much to be done.

I refuse to stick any money into my front stock 44 and because I'm at the point where I have to, that money is going to go towards a PR44. Its just how much do I want to spend now or later.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you want a 60 front buy it and run spacers on your rear axle until you are ready to buy a new rear. Stick to 37’s. You may bend a flange or you may not. I think that is all about luck, some bend them every trip, others never have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

If you want a 60 front buy it and run spacers on your rear axle until you are ready to buy a new rear. Stick to 37’s. You may bend a flange or you may not. I think that is all about luck, some bend them every trip, others never have.

So are 60s wider standard? I am looking at all options now.

jesse3638

Hooked
Yes, but the finger nail is infected and now the arm needs to be chopped off.

This happened to my step son after pulling a hang nail. His step mom decided essential oils were better than triple antibiotic ointment and a band aid. However, having it lanced in urgent care and going on a round of antibiotics saved the arm. May give that a shot...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I see the D60 front and rear package for 13k but eight lug. Is it me or does it make more sense to buy a package instead of one axle at a time? And can you buy in 5 lug. Asking for both me and a buddy.

Ddays

Hooked
I see the D60 front and rear package for 13k but eight lug. Is it me or does it make more sense to buy a package instead of one axle at a time? And can you buy in 5 lug. Asking for both me and a buddy.

Go eight lug if you are going 60’s.

They do make a 5 lug but the pattern is 5x5.5, not the 5x5 stock is. The wheels also have a much larger hub opening to fit the full float axle hub in the rear and the locking hubs for the fronts. Like Ovie said, much better going to the 8x6.5 pattern if you go FF. Either way, you're talking new wheels.

Sounds like you're about to fall into the rabbit hole too....

MericaMade

They do make a 5 lug but the pattern is 5x5.5, not the 5x5 stock is. The wheels also have a much larger hub opening to fit the full float axle hub in the rear and the locking hubs for the fronts. Like Ovie said, much better going to the 8x6.5 pattern if you go FF. Either way, you're talking new wheels.

Sounds like you're about to fall into the rabbit hole too....
I'm there man. I am accepting the price point now. So what BS do you run and is there a cost saving to buy a package?

Thank you for the info on the 5lugs. I assumed my current wheels would fit. So that's another bill to add on top.

Ddays

Hooked
I'm there man. I am accepting the price point now. So what BS do you run and is there a cost saving to buy a package?

Thank you for the info on the 5lugs. I assumed my current wheels would fit. So that's another bill to add on top.

I ordered mine with 4" BS. Sometimes you can get a deal on wheels - like a buy 4 get one free. You might even find a set of used ones in your neck of the woods.

Top Bottom