Front drive shaft tear

Potatohead

You signed up just to post on this thread about something you were sold while you were at TeraFlex - say it isn't so!! :shock:

Funny, I've seen plenty of torn CV boots over the last 9 years but never from making contact with the metal collar. But hey, if the guys at TeraFlex sold you on the idea that this is the cause of them failing, you just keep on believing just that. :yup:

More forgiving on a STOCK Jeep. That's what they were designed for.

Once again, you're the expert here. Clearly, you opinion is a fact.

Funny, I don't know if I knew that but if you say so, it must be true.

As P.T. Barnum is famous for saying - "There's a sucker born every minute"

Rather than just personal attacks you could just discuss things like a normal person. I should have taken note from all the American Honey you seem to push that you and this site aren't really my bag. There's more American Honey in your videos than there is wheeling.

I'll see you on the trail I guess... Hopefully not.

Lance628

Rather than just personal attacks you could just discuss things like a normal person. I should have taken note from all the American Honey you seem to push that you and this site aren't really my bag. There's more American Honey in your videos than there is wheeling.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447115051.304863.jpg
Yup

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than just personal attacks you could just discuss things like a normal person.

Funny, I could have sworn I was responding to you point for point only, you don't have a clue about how anything really works. The only thing you know how to do is regurgitate what you've been sold and then call everyone "biased" when nobody agrees with what you're saying.

I should have taken note from all the American Honey you seem to push that you and this site aren't really my bag. There's more American Honey in your videos than there is wheeling.

:cheesy: I'll take that as a compliment :honey:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Teraflex, the same company that put out a HD 30, is putting out a HD factory replacement driveshaft.

Lol!! The shit companies will make money on is amazing. People will buy it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Teraflex, the same company that put out a HD 30, is putting out a HD factory replacement driveshaft.

Lol!! The shit companies will make money on is amazing. People will buy it

:cheesy: I know, right? But you know, I gotta hand it to TeraFlex for being able to get people to buy their shit AND get them to promote it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Lance628

:cheesy: I know, right? But you know, I gotta hand it to TeraFlex for being able to get people to buy their shit AND get them to promote it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Those are the people that believe everything they read on the internet

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

If Mormons can sell 3.2 beer, they can sell anything !

WJCO

Meme King
I should have taken note from all the American Honey you seem to push that you and this site aren't really my bag. There's more American Honey in your videos than there is wheeling.

Amazing. You obviously don't watch the videos. And seriously on your first post you try to convince a bunch of Jeepers (many who have modified their Jeeps) that the repezza driveshaft joint is superior to u-joints, and let alone a company that isn't highly-favored. How'd that work out for you? :drinks:

JK LYF

There's more American Honey in your videos than there is wheeling.

You've got to be kidding. What kind of lame ass statement is that. Clearly you have no clue as to what you're talking about. That has got to be the stupidest statement I've read on this forum.

Reaper04

Thanks for all the help everyone and the entertainment. lol. I ordered a Adams front drive shaft on a black friday deal and saved some money basically on shipping since I'm stationed out here in Germany.

Thanks for all the help everyone and the entertainment. lol. I ordered a Adams front drive shaft on a black friday deal and saved some money basically on shipping since I'm stationed out here in Germany.

Very cool. Keep us posted on how it goes.

BumblebeeZA

Many may laugh and curse at what I did, but I also had a torn front boot.

I managed to fit the 75mm air filter ducting pipe to my front drive shaft.
I took it for a test drive up until 120km/h and had no vibrations.

R85 (+-$6) and about 1hour 30min labor myself.
Been holding up fine so far.

Here in RSA, after market parts are EXPENSIVE as we import from the USA.
Also, they dont sell the boot separate here in RSA either so I had to make a plan :blush:

20151201_092956_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Many may laugh and curse at what I did, but I also had a torn front boot.

I managed to fit the 75mm air filter ducting pipe to my front drive shaft.
I took it for a test drive up until 120km/h and had no vibrations.

R85 (+- 1/2 of $1) and about 1hour 30min labor myself.
Been holding up fine so far.

Here in RSA, after market parts are EXPENSIVE as we import from the USA.
Also, they dont sell the boot separate here in RSA either so I had to make a plan :blush:

View attachment 176810

May not be a permanent fix but for 6 bucks I can't knock it. :beer:

BumblebeeZA

To be clear, a u-joint style double cardan drive shaft is what JEEP sells as an upgrade to their factory rzeppa joint shaft. See proof below:

main.php

Funny, I never knew that my u-joint style double cardan drive shaft had any problems with the angle it sits at. If anything, the factory rzeppa CV boots have a problem with them failing on lifted Jeeps due to the fact that they sit at a constant state of pinch. We have been seeing this since they first came out back in 2006. But hey, what would I know about any of this stuff.

Hi, I know this is an old thread/post, but do you know if they still sell this front driveshaft.
Is it a Jeep/Mopar part, if it is, do you by any chance have the part number?

I want to find out if Jeep here in South Africa could order this for me.

I know there are other brands but it works out VERY expensive to get it here to South Africa... +-R15 000 ($1100)

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Hi, I know this is an old thread/post, but do you know if they still sell this front driveshaft.
Is it a Jeep/Mopar part, if it is, do you by any chance have the part number?

I want to find out if Jeep here in South Africa could order this for me.

I know there are other brands but it works out VERY expensive to get it here to South Africa... +-R15 000 ($1100)

I believe somewhere in this very thread, someone makes mention that Mopar no longer sells this as an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom