Front Rubicon 44 Build up

noroad

^^^ this. i got quoted from dynatrac last year sometime on a PR44. it had 5.13 gears, oem ball joints, arb locker, unlimited housing, custom length 30 spline chromoly shafts with full circle clips, and 1310 u joint. all for just under 4k. here is the invoice

JK44-1X3010-B
Custom Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 Partial Front Axle Assembly w/ARB Air Locker - '07-12 Jeep JK
General Dynatrac Axle
Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 High Pinion, High Ground Clearance Heavy Duty Nodular Iron Housing
General Dynatrac Axle
Heavy Duty 3.0" Diameter, 5/16" Wall DOM Housing Tube Assemblies, Installed
General Dynatrac Axle
Dynatrac Unlimited Pro Rock 44 Housing Upgrade, Provides Extra Caster & Shock Mount Relocation for 3+" Suspension Lifts - UPGRADE
General Dynatrac Axle
Stock JK Axle Width - 65.5"
General Dynatrac Axle
Dynatrac Heavy Duty 3/16" JK Coil Spring Suspension Brackets, Installed
General Dynatrac Axle
Dynatrac Raised Track Bar Bracket Modification for High Steer/Flipped Drag Link Applications - Optional Upgrade = add $79.00
DA44-1X4033-F
Dynatrac Heavy Duty Pro Rock 44 Nodular Iron Powder Coated Differential Cover, Installed
General Dynatrac Axle
Dynatrac Heavy Duty Pro Series 44 JK End Forgings, Installed
General Dynatrac Axle
Heavy Duty Open Differential, D44, 30 Spline, Installed
- (Upgrade to ARB Air Locker Differential, Installed = add $439.00)
General Dynatrac Axle
D44 JK New Generation 5.13 Reverse-Cut Ring and Pinion, Installed
JP44-4851-C
1310 U-bolt Style Pinion Yoke, Installed, w/Yoke Kit
- (Upgrade to 1350 Yoke, Installed = add $29.00)
General Dynatrac Axle
Custom Length 30 Spline USA-Grade 4340 Chromoly Inner Axle Shafts, Fit Stock JK 1310 U-Joint
- (Upgrade to Heavy Duty RCV Performance USA Grade 4340 Chromoly Inner and Outer Ultimate CV Axle Shaft Assemblies w/RCV's Lifetime Warranty = add $796.00)
General Dynatrac Axle
OEM JK Ball Joints, Installed
- (Upgrade to Dynatrac ProSteer Heavy Duty Ball Joints, Installed = add $499.00)
General Dynatrac Axle
Customer to Reuse Stock Wheel End Components (Knuckles, Hub Bearings, Disc Brakes, Outer Axle Shafts, and U-joints)
Subtotal
Shipping Cost (FedEx Freight® Economy)
Total
$3,926.00

as you can see you can upgrade everything but that adds to the overall cost

WOWWW i like that number who did you call??

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Installed? 4k would have to be using a lot of existing internals, knuckels, brakes, ball joints, etc. Not to mention the likely needed gear install.

Again, one can save a lot and maybe get that 4k if they do self install. But most don't have that high level of skill set.

- Jason

High level of skill? If you can install a lift lift you can install an axle.

utiadam

LOSER

I consider myself pretty good with installing most parts and some modifications but I wouldn't trust myself to setup the gears. If it was already assembled with the gears no problem but if I need to set them up I wouldn't feel comfortable.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I consider myself pretty good with installing most parts and some modifications but I wouldn't trust myself to setup the gears. If it was already assembled with the gears no problem but if I need to set them up I wouldn't feel comfortable.

I didn't say anything about installing gears. I said install an AXLE. You need to install gears either way so that cost is a wash and most places you buy the axle from will set the gears up for you.

utiadam

LOSER
I didn't say anything about installing gears. I said install an AXLE. You need to install gears either way so that cost is a wash and most places you buy the axle from will set the gears up for you.

Yeah I know, I was referring to your quote of JAGS. I didn't know that if you bought an axle from most places they would do the gears as well.

JAGS

Hooked

You want to come help me. ;)

I personally couldn't install either at this point. I've seen it done and rather intimidating for a newb. Wish I wasn't so green, but it is what it is.

I personally couldn't install either at this point. I've seen it done and rather intimidating for a newb. Wish I wasn't so green, but it is what it is.

It's only a few bolts, my dad and I installed my lift and it couldn't have been easier. Definitely not worth the high cost shops charge to install!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

What I'm getting at is if you can install a rubi 44 you can install a PR44 so the argument of cost of install is a wash. You need to do the same on both axles.

JAGS

Hooked
It's only a few bolts, my dad and I installed my lift and it couldn't have been easier. Definitely not worth the high cost shops charge to install!

My dad used to own car dealerships, so got a lot of exposure to the business side of the car industry, and I've spent a lot of time around cars/trucks my whole life. Helpful lessons used throughout my career. Wish I would have spent a little more time in the service/body shop bays. That would have proved helpful for my now hobby.

Generally speaking, install/labor is insane. I've got a lot going on with gears and welding of skids, gussets, etc. So at that point, not much more to have them do the lift while down there.

- Jason

My dad used to own car dealerships, so got a lot of exposure to the business side of the car industry, and I've spent a lot of time around cars/trucks my whole life. Helpful lessons used throughout my career. Wish I would have spent a little more time in the service/body shop bays. That would have proved helpful for my now hobby.

Generally speaking, install/labor is insane. I've got a lot going on with gears and welding of skids, gussets, etc. So at that point, not much more to have them do the lift while down there.

- Jason

Gotcha, makes sense. I've installed everything on my jeep except my evo carrier and corner armor as nutserts and drilling into the body kind of scare me

JAGS

Hooked
What I'm getting at is if you can install a rubi 44 you can install a PR44 so the argument of cost of install is a wash. You need to do the same on both axles.

:yup: I'm with you now. As mentioned in my previous post, I truly wish I had an ounce of experience.

From your point I can see why it would make sense to go PR44 vs "building" a D44.

JAGS

Hooked
Gotcha, makes sense. I've installed everything on my jeep except my evo carrier and corner armor as nutserts and drilling into the body kind of scare me

I did my skins with a lot of help and nudging from some friends. Drilling holes in a perfectly good $37k rubi seemed crazy. But she looks bad ass now. ;)

I did my skins with a lot of help and nudging from some friends. Drilling holes in a perfectly good $37k rubi seemed crazy. But she looks bad ass now. ;)

Mine is only a sport but I've still very expensive to drill into! This is the first mod where i could've messed it up and ended up costing me a lot of money so I didn't take that risk. Maybe I'll install rocker skins when I get them.

jesse3638

Hooked

Measure several times drill once, or how ever many holes there are in the skins. Ths first hole is the hardest but after that its easy and u don't seem to mind drilling through perfectly body panels...haha

Top Bottom