Front Rubicon 44 Build up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RD147/RD157 both are ARB fr lockers one is for Rubi44 / replacing E-locker in factory housing or PR44 housing. the other is the locker used when having PR44 built complete (not housing only) BOTH are 35 spline.

Thanks again Drew, I had been talking to Rob and he confirmed as much too :yup:

Heholua

RD147/RD157 both are ARB fr lockers one is for Rubi44 / replacing E-locker in factory housing or PR44 housing. the other is the locker used when having PR44 built complete (not housing only) BOTH are 35 spline.

Is it possible for the RD117 to work or is it not recommended/ wrong application?

Heholua

rd116/rd117 are rear lockers for non-rubicon D44s (difference is gear ratios)

I guess that's the point I'm trying to make or the information I'm after. Why wouldn't a RD117 for a D44 non rubi not work in a non rubi PR44? Its working in mine. Curious as to what Dynatrac thinks as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I guess that's the point I'm trying to make or the information I'm after. Why wouldn't a RD117 for a D44 non rubi not work in a non rubi PR44? Its working in mine. Curious as to what Dynatrac thinks as well.

RD117 is for a REAR axle. You do not have it in your FRONT PR44.

turbineguy

Just called Dynatrac. Spoke to one of their technical guys named Robert. There is both a 30 and 35 spline ARB for their front prorock 44.

Bummer for me, but he said with 30 spline RCVs it should be plenty strong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

turbineguy

I just called ARB USA. They confirmed a Rd -117 locker will fit in a front Prorock 44 since its not a rubi housing. Its only rear on stock JKs since they have a D30 front, but the Prorock is aftermarket so is able to take it. Its like how rubi lockers can be front or rear.

Last edited:

ChaosNein

okay here is the deal with the ARB 44 lockers...

if you have a Rubicon44 and are upgrading to an ARB (which the OP is) - your only option is a 35 spline.

if you bought a PR44 housing and used your E-Locker until it died - 35 spline is your only option.

if you buy a built PR44 from ORE and want an ARB locker - 35 spline is your only option.

you can have a PR44 built with the 30/27 (inside/outside) spline ARB. But not a PR44 housing with Rubi44 internals.

turbineguy

in my opinion.... if you are going to UPGRADE and spend that kind of money, why do you want 30/27 spline axles?

I agree. I got ripped off. That's why I confirmed so others wouldn't be as well. I just hope I don't break it, before I can upgrade to my 60

ChaosNein

I agree. I got ripped off. That's why I confirmed so others wouldn't be as well. I just hope I don't break it, before I can upgrade to my 60

this is why we dont do/recommend it. others who sell it that way generally dont have to deal with the damages...

Top Bottom