Fusion 4x4 Axles / Dynatrac Dump

Buster3479

The first time I watched the Codex build video, I was pretty sure we were watching a "If Real People Commercials Were Real LIfe" Chevy commercial. I expected so much more.

RCVRY

They have already bitten that hand when they repeatedly tell Eddie the only hate on the Cotex build is coming from WAL. It’s simply not true based in IG and FB posts I’ve seen.

I just looked at the Fusion axles for the first time. That 60/44 hybrid is slightly cheaper than my quote from Bubba for the PR44 shipped to my door. The differences I see is the pumpkin is a 60 and the rest is a 44 with 7/16 tubes. Anything I missed? At least I have several weeks to think this over some more.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

That’s dumb. Especially since I didn’t hate the Kotex build, but I did think it was stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've really considered this option with their 60 SF rear when I'm ready. For the price it seems like a good package. Their FF front and rear 60 would be the way to go but that's also thousands more than I'd want to spend.

It’s a great set, with out a doubt. The SF rear is the only question.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I loved my PR44, it arrived well built with good welds and served flawlessly for years on 37's.

The entire experience of my PR60/60 set however makes me regularly turn friends away from Dynatrac. Ordering process, delivery time with respect to promises, assembly quality, finish (much of mine rusted the first night in the garage), and customer service, all were not only lacking but negligent for a $13k purchase. I'm pretty sure Steve intentionally screened and avoided my calls on a regular basis. My wife would call, and they'd pick up immediately after mine rang without an answer.

That's all before their recent advertising "campaign".

"The confidence to explwhore!" :clap2: Absolutely made my day, thanks for that!

You bought your axles after they slashed the price by $6000. Common sense says with a 1/3 drop in price comes a drop in quality. They were trying to push their XD. Not that their cheap, but you cheaped out.

That is in no way me backing up Dynatrac. I have three Dynatrac axles currently but I can tell you my next one won’t be.

Buster3479

You bought your axles after they slashed the price by $6000. Common sense says with a 1/3 drop in price comes a drop in quality. They were trying to push their XD. Not that their cheap, but you cheaped out.

That is in no way me backing up Dynatrac. I have three Dynatrac axles currently but I can tell you my next one won’t be.

I agree with you. I wanted and was willing to pay for XD's, but they weren't quite ready for production yet. I think I'd be a lot happier had I waited 6 more months, and I might have received them at the same time given the delays.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree with you. I wanted and was willing to pay for XD's, but they weren't quite ready for production yet. I think I'd be a lot happier had I waited 6 more months, and I might have received them at the same time given the delays.

They fooled a lot of people with their price cuts I think. People thought they were getting the same axles that were just $20k and that wasn’t the case. Sucks for sure. Glad I didn’t buy at that time. Sucks for everyone that did.

USMC Wrangler

That’s dumb. Especially since I didn’t hate the Kotex build, but I did think it was stupid.

I personally thought there was a fair balance here and real honesty from a wide range of people. Some liked it, some hated it and a little in between. I didn’t like it from the start and to each their own.

TheGrendel

I personally thought there was a fair balance here and real honesty from a wide range of people. Some liked it, some hated it and a little in between. I didn’t like it from the start and to each their own.

Yep, there were a few of us that liked the build. Kind of crappy to dump on the whole site.

USMC Wrangler

Fusion 4x4 Axles

Yep, there were a few of us that liked the build. Kind of crappy to dump on the whole site.

Agreed. It really makes no difference to me if anyone liked it or not. I was sharing my honest opinion like the majority of Wal’ers do and why I appreciate this place so much.

JKbrick

What’s next for you for an axle?

Top Bottom