Fusion 4x4 Axles / Dynatrac Dump

Benito

Caught the Bug
Question though: if you keep the D44 center but use D60 outers, are you stuck with D44 axleshafts or can you get some really meaty shafts? (not a Lite Brite joke, promise)

35 spline shafts are available for D44s which is what comes in D60s

RCVRY

You two keep this up and they are going to change the title of this thread to “Thots on Fusion axles / Dynatrac dump”

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I thot that’s where this was going?

Here’s a thot: Keeping dynatrac thots to ourselves.

What’s everyone’s thots on that?

Yeah, thot so.
[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Does anyone have first hand experience with the bolt in Fusion 4x4 axle sets?

I know this is an old JK thread, but I'm curious if you ever got these Fusion axles? Any thoughts? There is a chance (yes a slight chance) that I may have some fun with the gladiator in the future, and more fun requires bigger axles :D . Obviously Dynatrac is out due to ethical and moral reasons for my own standards. I know many have been pleased with Danas which is an option, but I'm curious about these Fusion ones also. I'm also hearing rumors that Currie may be coming out with something new and exciting. Either way, let me know if you ever went through with this and your thoughts. Looks like it's been about a year since this came up.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I know this is an old JK thread, but I'm curious if you ever got these Fusion axles? Any thoughts? There is a chance (yes a slight chance) that I may have some fun with the gladiator in the future, and more fun requires bigger axles :D . Obviously Dynatrac is out due to ethical and moral reasons for my own standards. I know many have been pleased with Danas which is an option, but I'm curious about these Fusion ones also. I'm also hearing rumors that Currie may be coming out with something new and exciting. Either way, let me know if you ever went through with this and your thoughts. Looks like it's been about a year since this came up.

You going with 60’s?

jdofmemi

I recently purchased the Fusion hybrid 60/44 axles used from wtjstudios. After a few local trips, then hammering on them in Moab and Colorado (Where the hell were you at???), I have to say I am impressed with them. Unless 40+ tires and big power are in your future, these would hold up to most anything you throw at them.

One big upside here is you don't have to change wheels to run them, but that comes at the small expense of changing an occasional unit bearing, but you would have to do that with stock axles anyway.

This set has front RCVs, Ried knuckles, and Dynatrac big brakes, plus Rare Parts ball joints and the Fusion 2-1/2 ton steering.

Several times I had the whole front of the Jeep on the tie rod, with nothing but some scratches to show for it.

I pushed hard enough I am quite sure I would have bent or broken my old axles several times, and I was not worried.

The only problem I encountered was threaded wheel studs on the rear backing out of the flange. That is easily solved with picture, which would have been done except I didn't realize they were threaded in.

Both wtjstudios and Weebs came with the 60/14 bolt full floating combo and neither had any trouble.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Several times I had the whole front of the Jeep on the tie rod, with nothing but some scratches to show for it.

I pushed hard enough I am quite sure I would have bent or broken my old axles several times, and I was not worried.
Anybody else I’d call BS. But if you didn’t break anything, that speaks volumes. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked

I'm kinda in the same spot, future building of course, but seems like these fusion axles offer a pretty customizable set up with a really great price compared to other options. What are you thoughts on the Kingpins vs HD ball joints? I think an easy and great option is the UD60 but doesn't give you as much flexibility, and that may not be necessary. One think I like about the fusion is they will weld on whatevet brackets you may want. Always like planning out how much money I may need to spend, makes me feel that much farther away lol

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I recently purchased the Fusion hybrid 60/44 axles used from wtjstudios. After a few local trips, then hammering on them in Moab and Colorado (Where the hell were you at???), I have to say I am impressed with them. Unless 40+ tires and big power are in your future, these would hold up to most anything you throw at them.

One big upside here is you don't have to change wheels to run them, but that comes at the small expense of changing an occasional unit bearing, but you would have to do that with stock axles anyway.

This set has front RCVs, Ried knuckles, and Dynatrac big brakes, plus Rare Parts ball joints and the Fusion 2-1/2 ton steering.

The only problem I encountered was threaded wheel studs on the rear backing out of the flange. That is easily solved with picture, which would have been done except I didn't realize they were threaded in.

Both wtjstudios and Weebs came with the 60/14 bolt full floating combo and neither had any trouble.

You definitely put them to the test more than I ever did! They are a perfect set for 37s and down.

Jeff and I (more Jeff) put those new fusion kingpin 60/14 bolts through their paces and they did not disappoint. I had zero issues with mine other than the track bar frame bolt making contact with the front air locker line and shearing the fitting off the diff. Completely my fault for not catching that but Moab Motorsports solved that with a 90 degree fitting and it’s all clear now

Dan at fusion has always been a big help with any questions we have. I have/had three sets and I would buy another set in a heartbeat.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
I'm kinda in the same spot, future building of course, but seems like these fusion axles offer a pretty customizable set up with a really great price compared to other options. What are you thoughts on the Kingpins vs HD ball joints? I think an easy and great option is the UD60 but doesn't give you as much flexibility, and that may not be necessary. One think I like about the fusion is they will weld on whatevet brackets you may want. Always like planning out how much money I may need to spend, makes me feel that much farther away lol

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, they are all built to order so you can get which ever brackets or none if you prefer. I’m sure the kingpins are overkill, but for a little bit more cost, they bring another level of confidence climbing those walls in Moab. Timing for the last set was about 6 weeks verses the UD60s where could be a week out. But if you’re planning ahead, it’s not as big of an issue.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Anybody else I’d call BS. But if you didn’t break anything, that speaks volumes. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

🤣🤣🤣 it was great wheeling with Jerry. Can’t wait till we all get together out there again.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom