Genrights jk elite kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, it's like $12,000.00

It's not just the cost of the kit you'd have to take into consideration, it's also all the massive amount of labor required to cut and weld everything up to install it. Plus, you have to get replace your gas tank, cut into the tub to make it work and get new axles to do it right. Triagulated 4-link setups are nice but so far, I haven't seen or felt the need for one. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It's not just the cost of the kit you'd have to take into consideration, it's also all the massive amount of labor required to cut and weld everything up to install it. Plus, you have to get replace your gas tank, cut into the tub to make it work and get new axles to do it right. Triagulated 4-link setups are nice but so far, I haven't seen or felt the need for one. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler.

Maybe for a TJ, it would be great, but dropping all that into a JK, cutting the tub, and modifying the gas tank, is crazy, to me. Maybe I'm cheap, but then I've seen videos of what a DTD can do, for way less money.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BigPrince

I looked at it hard last year and ended up going Evo.

It's a nice kit but it's
- overpriced by alot
- strongly recommends(will not support you unless) you run specific axles (RockJocks which I've seen a RJ70 housing cracked in half - not getting my money)
- forces you to spend extra to move the tank and switch to a rear antirock swaybar
- no triple bypasses
- cutting into the tub and sealing of the tub is not a simple/clean solution
- no one runs it. You see maybe 4-5 installs on the web and most of that is GenRight advertisement. Nobody has it.

The attitude at GenRight is absolutely terrible also. I've asked them multiple times if their products will work with other products j have installed and they are not willing to work with you at all unless you buy their entire package. I saw Tony at SEMA and tried to talk to him and he blew me off there also.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
All that info is straight off of Genrights website. Bottom of the page states all the "requirements" for the kit, which sounds like more of a hassle than an actual upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ah so once again you can read but can't provide any real experience. Good to know

Grubbicon

ImThe attitude at GenRight is absolutely terrible also. I've asked them multiple times if their products will work with other products j have installed and they are not willing to work with you at all unless you buy their entire package. I saw Tony at SEMA and tried to talk to him and he blew me off there also.

This is very true. At one point I called seeing if I could get just part of this kit but they just wouldnt do it.

To the OP if you want something like that your best off getting heims and tube and taking it to a shop and having them custom build it. Gonna be cheaper in the end.

RockyJk

The attitude at GenRight is absolutely terrible also. I've asked them multiple times if their products will work with other products j have installed and they are not willing to work with you at all unless you buy their entire package. I saw Tony at SEMA and tried to talk to him and he blew me off there also.

I agree with this I will never put Gen-Right shit on a jeep, tried to talk to them about their stretch kit for the 2 doors and Tony wouldn't talk to me either or any of the guys there for that matter...fuck em

Rubicon john

I've stopped by Genright to get eyes on their bumpers and talk about their products. Long story short, one of the sales guys was telling me about this kit and instal labor alone is $30k. F That! I'd go Evo.

jkwebbie

I agree with this I will never put Gen-Right shit on a jeep, tried to talk to them about their stretch kit for the 2 doors and Tony wouldn't talk to me either or any of the guys there for that matter...fuck em

I contacted them about their fuel cell for the 2 door stretch and asked if it would work for more than the 5" like advertised. Long story short, the rep basically told me it was a waste to stretch a 2 door more than 5" and that it would "ruin" a 2 door? And after saying all that, said I should still buy it anyway and their rear stretch instead. Looks like I'm getting a RCI cell instead. I'll never waste money on them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

I've stopped by Genright to get eyes on their bumpers and talk about their products. Long story short, one of the sales guys was telling me about this kit and instal labor alone is $30k. F That! I'd go Evo.

That's hipster/trustfund level shit there!!!! 30k for labor?! Phuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

Desertman

Look at the build of a jeep on JKLS. Yes it is expensive but there has been a lot of thought put in to the design. However for the majority here it is a build to for from our budget and the means of a home garage mechanic.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I actually considered a GR 3-link front & 4 link rear...but I was committed to Dynatrac axles, having owned them before. GR has a relationship with Currie, and wasn't too enthused with providing much in the way of tech support for my project...so I decided on EVO dtd's...very pleased that I did

I do have their front & rear bumper which I like very much

RSQCON

Sorry to hear that. Would have been sweet to see someone running Dynatracs with that suspension setup. Oh well their loss.

Top Bottom