Geoffro's driveway Jeep build

JeepJeep75

IMG_8273.jpg IMG_8279.jpg just recently did a diff fluid change. Followed Eddies write-up. I took it a step further though and tilted the axles each way after I initially drained the diffs. I got another cup or so of fluid out. IMG_8437.jpg also did a transfer case service and beat my protek skid straight again while it was out of the way. Sorry, no pic of that. IMG_8368.jpg and most recently I added some super-duper Wally World racing lights!! [emoji12] I really, really, really, REALLY hate how the fucking jeep is so damn quick to shut off ALL of the lights. Especially when it's dark and you are in the middle of something. Even the back light in the cargo area. Soooo, I wired these bad boys straight to battery power, on a switch of course! IMG_8370.jpg IMG_8372.jpg IMG_8371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_8459.jpg
    IMG_8459.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 80

JeepJeep75

This now brings us up to speed on my build. Today I'm gonna work on getting my DIY mirrors all mounted. IMG_8272.jpg some of Pep Boys best offerings.... IMG_8478.jpg these pipes are so thin and weak... IMG_8460.jpg even doubled-up, they still vibrate pretty bad. So I made my own out of 1/2 inch EMT conduit. IMG_8463.jpg here's the passenger side[emoji115] IMG_8482.jpg and here are the pipes I replicated out of EMT. IMG_8484.jpg IMG_8486.jpg i couldn't have any chrome on the jeep so I painted them grey. #nochromeonmyrigbro

JeepJeep75

IMG_8491.jpg IMG_8492.jpg paint came out pretty good. Image1493834502.355437.jpg todays project is gonna be where to hang 4 jeep doors on this crowded wall. I plan on making some super-custom plywood shelf brackets for them to sit on. I'm working with a one car garage, with one car in it. Space is at a premium! Image1493834752.612591.jpg my workbench has about 6 projects laying on it too.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Haven't seen the thread before, just went through the whole thing and enjoyed it a lot. Learned a few things too. I have to say your Jeep really does look great, nice work my friend!!

JeepJeep75

The builds coming together nicely I like the mirrors very clean! [emoji106]
thank you!! Tomorrow I'll put them on the jeep, now that I have somewhere to put my doors! [emoji106]

Look at you and your skills!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
why, thank you sir!!! Looking forward to learning some more trail skills from you!!

Haven't seen the thread before, just went through the whole thing and enjoyed it a lot. Learned a few things too. I have to say your Jeep really does look great, nice work my friend!!
thank you very much!!

JeepJeep75

Great idea! You're brave not going with a through-bolt eyelet... But I tend to overkill stuff. [emoji41] Nice job!

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Image1493863743.954661.jpg the eyelets I found are 1.5 inches of thread for wood. Ripping that out will take a LOT of force. And .75 inch plywood is pretty darn strong when it comes to these kind of loads I'm applying to it. Surprisingly the doors are pretty solid.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Door storage looks pretty good! Only unsolicited advice I have is to make sure the load bearing wall stud is really secure. The last thing you want is to come home to find your doors in a heap on the floor. I added re-enforcement brackets for piece of mind:

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

Top Bottom