Geoffro's driveway Jeep build

JeepJeep75

Good morning all!!!! Very exciting day today!! Today is the day my hardtop comes off for the very first time ever!!!![emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

My hardtop cart is nearing completion. I finished the footing and locks for the base and riser. IMG_8830.jpg IMG_8831.jpg here is the riser, all locked down onto the base IMG_8833.jpg IMG_8834.jpg IMG_8837.JPG next up is attaching the hardtop base to the riser.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Well, there's a first for everything, and this is a first for me. IMG_8881.jpg time for a victory drive, topless and doorless. Almost makes me wanna go commando for this! [emoji51]

BaddestCross

That, sir, is awesome! The only thing I'm ​not clear on is how the top is secured to the hanger. I thought I read earlier you were going to have long bolts through it which I never understood it saw. Did you just run a few bolts through the normal holes that secure the top to the back of the Jeep?

JeepJeep75

That, sir, is awesome! The only thing I'm ​not clear on is how the top is secured to the hanger. I thought I read earlier you were going to have long bolts through it which I never understood it saw. Did you just run a few bolts through the normal holes that secure the top to the back of the Jeep?

I forgot to post that detail... IMG_8857.jpg IMG_8858.jpg

JeepJeep75

Oh shit! Awesome!! Very well done Sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work!!

Wow.... that came out awesome. I love how it just fits on the walkway also.
Great job man!!!

Thank you very much!! It was a fun project that I absolutely enjoyed doing. Ya, the fit down the walkway was key. I measured more than a few times to be sure everything would go where I wanted it to.

JeepJeep75

I'm totally stoked with how this came out! Some things I planned really carefully, some things I just got lucky with. IMG_8812.jpg rounding off these foot boards for the casters was just an on-the-fly change. I figured no need for a sharp corner. Well right here, IMG_8872.jpg the rounded corners help the cart glide down the walkway, which slants away from the house, towards the cinder blocks. The rounded corners of the cart glide right along the rough wall. Also, the total height of the hardtop fits under the eve. IMG_8869.jpg I never checked that. Phew!![emoji28] Also, I took a guess at the center of gravity as it rotated to its vertical position. Again, got lucky here IMG_8865.jpg the weighting of the center of gravity favors the horizontal position. So when I pop these buckles IMG_8844.jpg the top doesn't tilt down until I lightly push the back of it up. The rope that's pulling the front of the top towards the cart is just temporary. I'll get some short bungee cords as there isn't much tension needed to hold the top in this position. IMG_8863.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8883.jpg
    IMG_8883.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom