Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

🤤[emoji44]🤤[emoji44]🤤[emoji44]
That's some serious skills right there!
Nice work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great job, I'm impressed [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow...great idea! looks fantastic.

Thank you all very much! I enjoyed this project a lot!! I really like how everything turned out, and the fact it actually works!![emoji106]

JeepJeep75

Today I finally finished up building a shelf in my garage for my newly built hardtop cart. IMG_8947.jpg IMG_8948.jpg
There isn't much usable storage space left anywhere. In case anyone is wondering, yes I can walk under the shelf with 2 inches to spare. [emoji106] IMG_8951.jpg
Of course, since adding shelf now meant that I had to lower all 3 of my Jeep door hangars. But at least I can still use them. IMG_8953.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Today I finally finished up building a shelf in my garage for my newly built hardtop cart.
There isn't much usable storage space left anywhere. In case anyone is wondering, yes I can walk under the shelf with 2 inches to spare.
Of course, since adding shelf now meant that I had to lower all 3 of my Jeep door hangars. But at least I can still use them.

LOL!! Okay, now you're just showing off :D

The hard top cart is nothing short of amazing but to make this for it is just awesome. Nice job :thumb:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Today I finally finished up building a shelf in my garage for my newly built hardtop cart. View attachment 262261 View attachment 262262
There isn't much usable storage space left anywhere. In case anyone is wondering, yes I can walk under the shelf with 2 inches to spare. [emoji106] View attachment 262263
Of course, since adding shelf now meant that I had to lower all 3 of my Jeep door hangars. But at least I can still use them. View attachment 262265

What's under that cover? Camaro?

JeepJeep75

Brilliant! Very creative[emoji106]

Thank you!! You should've seen the forts that I made when I was a youngin! [emoji6]
LOL!! Okay, now you're just showing off :D

The hard top cart is nothing short of amazing but to make this for it is just awesome. Nice job :thumb:
Thank you sir!! I like being able to bring some of my crazy ideas into reality. Maybe it's a good thing my welder is too big to store at my place. If I had regular access to that and a pile of metal.....[emoji848][emoji12]
That hard top cart is brilliant!

Thank you!!! When I get an idea like this in my head, it consumes me until it becomes reality.
What's under that cover? Camaro?

Looks like a Camaro, huh? Actually it's a '73 Corvette that has a dying 350 with a 4 speed. The cam bearings are disintegrating so once they go it's LSX454 time! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

JeepJeep75

Sean wanted to see a vid of the hardtop cart in action. I'd love to post one or two but I'm not sure how to do that without sending "traffic" to my Tube-channel. How can I post a vid while still following forum rules?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thank you!! You should've seen the forts that I made when I was a youngin! [emoji6]

Thank you sir!! I like being able to bring some of my crazy ideas into reality. Maybe it's a good thing my welder is too big to store at my place. If I had regular access to that and a pile of metal.....[emoji848][emoji12]

Thank you!!! When I get an idea like this in my head, it consumes me until it becomes reality.

Looks like a Camaro, huh? Actually it's a '73 Corvette that has a dying 350 with a 4 speed. The cam bearings are disintegrating so once they go it's LSX454 time! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Last year of the chrome bumper, in the rear at least. Sounds like a fun project. One expensive car hobby is bad enough, but two? [emoji12]

JeepJeep75

Last year of the chrome bumper, in the rear at least. Sounds like a fun project. One expensive car hobby is bad enough, but two? [emoji12]

Yes! You know your Vetts too! Yup, rubber nose, chrome rear, and first year with crash-beams in the doors! [emoji106] 74 was the first year with the rubber rear end. Quality finishing was so poor they had to make the rear a two-piece just to get it to fit halfway decently.

JeepJeep75

Went and picked up a replacement skid plate from ORE today. IMG_9430.jpg as much as I tried to beat the old one straight, it just wasn't gonna go. The welds around the exhaust loop portion of the skid busted apart as I was hammering on it. As you can see, I've already purchased another one. I believe that the old one did its job of protecting the exhaust crossover pipe. I just couldn't get the old one to line up with the bolt holes anymore. I had to remove it to beat it away from touching the exhaust crossover pipe and rattling. Upon trying to reinstall it, I realized it was gonna need a serious beating, of which it did not survive. IMG_9434.jpg IMG_9433.jpg when you have the entire weight of the jeep on your center skid, shit is gonna bend a little bit.
I also picked up an EVO trail table. Holy crap this thing is beefy. It's like, seriously beefy. IMG_9452.jpg IMG_9455.jpg I wound up using a hardened bolt from my never-let-me-down-yet hardware store to install the nut-serts with. IMG_9441.jpg it's a pain in the ass, but it works for doing a small number of them. Sucks when the nutsert starts spinning though... IMG_9445.jpg I found a way to persevere though, and managed to get all 5 nutserts installed. IMG_9442.jpg IMG_9447.jpg time to celebrate! IMG_9458.jpg [emoji106][emoji482]

scull20

I'm in the same boat with my crossover skid. It's pretty much to the point where it took one too many smacks...but I agree, it did its job.

Top Bottom