Giving Some Love to Factory Skidplates!!

Hack12

What would you guys recommend for an '08 auto that does infrequent light/moderate wheeling? Any essential parts underneath that aren't covered by factory skid plates that I should worry about?

noroad

What would you guys recommend for an '08 auto that does infrequent light/moderate wheeling? Any essential parts underneath that aren't covered by factory skid plates that I should worry about?

Tranny and oil pan! go with evo protek or rockhard two in one!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

EVO ProTek is what I would recommend. Just what you need and nothing more. little to no loss in ground clearance, minimal weight and easy to remove for servicing.

noroad

Cool, I'm on their website right now checking them out! :D

If you do get the evo protek i would have to say get the whole thing! dont just get oil and tranny as you still have the stock crossmember and that will deff help to beef it up a little more!

Hack12

If you do get the evo protek i would have to say get the whole thing! dont just get oil and tranny as you still have the stock crossmember and that will deff help to beef it up a little more!

Ok great, that was my next question!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

I love my proteks, and I love their redundancy. Having a tranny skid AND the cross skid basically makes the tranny nearly impossible to contact. For the sub $400 pricetag, I think its great worthwhile insurance. Other companies charge $1000+ for skids, which is insane, but the evo ones are reasonably priced, provide protection, and are cake to install....helps me sleep at night having evo skids in the vulnerable areas. The stock skids are fine for my needs, but I don't wheel hard, but it seems even for someone like Eddie they hold up and do their job, so I see no reason to change em out.

Ldogg

What about the evap canister on the pre 2012 JK's? Poison Spyder makes a skid for about $100 bux, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

2011 oil skid on a 2013?

not sure if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know if an oil pan skid plate from a 2011 jku will fit my 2013 jkur 10A? looking at one at close to nothing and wondering if I should jump on it.

MICP3309

not sure if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know if an oil pan skid plate from a 2011 jku will fit my 2013 jkur 10A? looking at one at close to nothing and wondering if I should jump on it.

NOPE, as they have 2 completely different engines. The 3.6 in your 2013 is way different, as seen in pics below!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398760099.550450.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398760110.726545.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Good to see that after all that punishment, the stock bolts are still removable as there is plenty of head left to grab.:thumb:

Ed Lapadura

I guess I was overly concerned about my gas tank skid being crushed but looking at some of these pictures I realize it was not that much to be concerned about. I still didn't like the way mine was looking so last night I took it off beat all the dents out and plated it with 3 /16 steel. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I'm sure it's not going to crush now

Attachments

• 1400067710671.jpg
    1400067710671.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1400067730336.jpg
    1400067730336.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 1400067749190.jpg
    1400067749190.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1400067763779.jpg
    1400067763779.jpg