Gobicon

Benito

Caught the Bug
It was nice wheeling this weekend. Can't wait for the next trip.

Those sliders are beasts! Great hanging out and wheeling this weekend. Can’t wait to do it again soon!

It was a blast, bad ass jeeps, and good people! Took Oscar and Oz up to Finley’s playground through were we went down on Saturday. I was showing them where we went up and they couldn’t believe so this I decided to show them. I went down the same spot were I went down yesterday and then this happened

IMG_4591.jpg

I also hit a rock pretty hard and it broke my temp flex exhaust pipe that is in place of my exhaust bugle, we trail fixed it with some beer cans and bailing wire. It worked up until I got on the highway, it couldn’t handle 88 MPH.

IMG_4590.jpg

tdougherty81

It was a blast, bad ass jeeps, and good people! Took Oscar and Oz up to Finley’s playground through were we went down on Saturday. I was showing them where we went up and they couldn’t believe so this I decided to show them. I went down the same spot were I went down yesterday and then this happened

View attachment 282427

I also hit a rock pretty hard and it broke my temp flex exhaust pipe that is in place of my exhaust bugle, we trail fixed it with some beer cans and bailing wire. It worked up until I got on the highway, it couldn’t handle 88 MPH.

View attachment 282428

I think going up the stairs on Finley's playground is what damaged my draglink.

Love the trail fix!

Sent from my LG-H872 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LAJK

View attachment 282427

View attachment 282428

Sucks about your tire carrier. At least you didn’t have the hard top on... might of been worse if it broke your back glass aswell

Benito

Caught the Bug
Got the replacement parts for the tire carrier thanks to Exodus Jeeps. I installed the exhaust loop back in and I will say it made an audible difference, the Jeep doesn’t sound so much like a rice burner anymore, definitely reinstall after doing the long arm. I during the wheeling my ram assist tie rod clamp slid over so I re-adjusted that. The clamp I am using has four bolts and came with the PSC kit, but I never used it since I had the bigger yeti tierod and used an appropriate clamp that had 6 bolts. The smaller surface area that the 1.25” tierod provides and the 4 bolts on the clamp just aren’t quite enough to handle the pressure of the ram. I’m thinking of just welding some beads on either side of the clamp just to hold it in place until I get something beefier.

I also took a lot of shitty lines this past weekend:

My pumpkins and axles still looked pretty new before this past weekend

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

Got a little rash on the high clearance brackets in the rear that have the shock mount

IMG_4620.jpg

And my skids weren’t scratched yet

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

Benito

Caught the Bug
Some Video i got of Exodus Jeeps, Mike_JK-Houston, and JJK going up a red marked rock, it was pretty easy, considering some of the more difficult stuff we ran across was only marked yellow

Video of JJK GOing over this difficult yellow

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Got the rear coilovers put in this evening

IMG_4626.jpg

I’m going to have to re-adjust my control arms to pull the axle toward the center of the Jeep or get a different trackbar bracket installed. I️ know Evo recommends installing their trackbar bracket or the synergy bracket but I️ have seen three different Jeeps with these coilovers and axles not have any issues, though mine may be a little different since I️ have the high clearance axle brackets with the shock mount.

IMG_4627.jpg

aTX427

Carnage....looks like you had some fun. Did you cut off the Dynatrac lower front shock mounts and rear track bar mount? My front coilover's hit hard with the XD60 mounts. I cut the rear track bar off at the advice of Evo, but I probably didn't have to. I don't have exact figures, but guestimate that I'm just shy of an inch stretched in the rear and 3/4" in the front. From what Andrew said, the long arm control arms are a minimum of an inch longer, us the diameter of your axle tubes. Just test it all out. He said some people have hit the rear reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Carnage....looks like you had some fun. Did you cut off the Dynatrac lower front shock mounts and rear track bar mount? My front coilover's hit hard with the XD60 mounts. I cut the rear track bar off at the advice of Evo, but I probably didn't have to. I don't have exact figures, but guestimate that I'm just shy of an inch stretched in the rear and 3/4" in the front. From what Andrew said, the long arm control arms are a minimum of an inch longer, us the diameter of your axle tubes. Just test it all out. He said some people have hit the rear reservoir.

I️ am going to have to get a new tracbar bracket, and reconfigure my shock mounts. With the arms set as short as possible and with a decent pinion angle I️ did gain some clearance but the coilover could still twist and make contact with the tracbar bolt. Because of my custom rear shock mounts raise the shock mount more than the rockstars the Jeep sits high in the rear with no preload and I’m bottoming out the shocks with 4” bumpstop which I️ need so that the 40s don’t rub. Right now I️ have the res bungied to the sway bar to keep it away from the track bar bolt. Why did you cut off your front lower shock mounts?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I️ am going to have to get a new tracbar bracket, and reconfigure my shock mounts. With the arms set as short as possible and with a decent pinion angle I️ did gain some clearance but the coilover could still twist and make contact with the tracbar bolt. Because of my custom rear shock mounts raise the shock mount more than the rockstars the Jeep sits high in the rear with no preload and I’m bottoming out the shocks with 4” bumpstop which I️ need so that the 40s don’t rub. Right now I️ have the res bungied to the sway bar to keep it away from the track bar bolt. Why did you cut off your front lower shock mounts?

FYI, there’s an update for iPhones to fix that damned A question mark glitch,

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom