Gobicon

OhNoTheJiggies

Looks Awesome! I was dead set on the PS cage for years. I thought they had stopped making them for some reason when I bought my rock hard one. The lower dash bar is pretty obstructive on the rock hard, but I have never seen a PS one in person to be able to compare.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Looks good! Have you decided on a color? Going tan?

i thinks so, i received a powder coat sample today of a color very close to Gobi, the company said they have one that is even closer but they didn't have any samples ready, so i'm going to wait to see what it looks like. i am also thinking of spray painting it a complimentary camo color

images (1).jpg

i would say Gobi is the lighter color and painting the cage the darker color.

I like it!!

it is definitely coming along a lot easier this second time around, today i got the A pillars attached to the door frame and tied into the floor, tomorrow i hope to get the over head center stingers mounted to the B pillar and C pillar cross member and maybe work on mounting the C pillar tub brackets.

Looks Awesome! I was dead set on the PS cage for years. I thought they had stopped making them for some reason when I bought my rock hard one. The lower dash bar is pretty obstructive on the rock hard, but I have never seen a PS one in person to be able to compare.
i am not sure if they make them in limited quantities but retailers don't carry many in stock.

Flat Top

Looking good!. that cage is going to be sweet.

For some reason I thought you had a V8 under the hood, at least that's what I assume from the sound when you were behind me on the trails in CO.

Benito

Caught the Bug

Thanks

Looking good!. that cage is going to be sweet.

For some reason I thought you had a V8 under the hood, at least that's what I assume from the sound when you were behind me on the trails in CO.

I had some time to finally finish the install (as far as PS directs) I need to get the windshield tie ins welded on, and the C pillars welded onto the tub brackets. But no I do not have a V8, I certainly wish I did though, Mizzipi was rolling behind me on the first day, he has a Hemi.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

Protrek skids. It's the only thing I can think of with a quantity of 4. Unless the 4 are unrelated in which case it could be anything! My first thought was perhaps fenders but dimensions seemed off. Idk. It's badass regardless.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Look like the cage is quite a bit of work. Thanks for posting all the tips, I am looking at getting the PS cage as well. [emoji106]

Are you planning on securing the windshield to the cage?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

longarmwj

Every time I see your Jeep I realize that I want to spend mass amounts of money on mine :cheesy:

Beautiful rig :thumb:

Benito

Caught the Bug
This would actually make a really good 'guess that item' thread. My guess is EVO fascia. :idontknow:

“What’s in the BOX?!?!?” ! That would be pretty cool. I already have one of those

I would guess fenders.

Protrek skids. It's the only thing I can think of with a quantity of 4. Unless the 4 are unrelated in which case it could be anything! My first thought was perhaps fenders but dimensions seemed off. Idk. It's badass regardless.

I say fenders or double throw down..

Have skids, if I do fenders I’ll probably go with Crawler Concepts but aluminum this time around. I can only wish that one day I can get a DTD, it would be a massive undertaking to try and do myself, I don’t think that could be a driveway install.

I have a pretty good idea[emoji6]

Oooo. I bet COs. Maybe.

Yup, I contacted Bubba when he posted his flash sale, it was a good discount so I pulled the trigger. out of state members should definitely take advantage of these if they pop up again.

Look like the cage is quite a bit of work. Thanks for posting all the tips, I am looking at getting the PS cage as well. [emoji106]
Are you planning on securing the windshield to the cage?

If I had weekend dedicated to it I could have probably had it in and fitted with everything in a day, day in a half at most, but I’ve only had late evenings to work on it. I have been working a lot since I got back from the Texas Exodus, Hadn’t had a day off until yesterday.
Yes, I do plan on tying in the cage, I cut brackets off the stock piece and have it mounted, I just need to get it welded to the cage. I also changed out some of the hardware. I’ll make a post with some pictures and details.

Every time I see your Jeep I realize that I want to spend mass amounts of money on mine :cheesy:

Beautiful rig :thumb:

Thanks, I think that applies to any Jeep owner that sees other bad ass Jeeps. Everyone uses or does something different that you think is cool and want it too. I recommend not seeing a Jeep with a DTD and LS in person. You’ll start taking dirty pictures of it... a shot of the under carriage 🤤

IMG_4423.jpg

Top Bottom