Good Bye AEV...Hello EVO!

FoxC

37's are on and fender chop is complete! :brows:

Took'er out for a run in the rocks to shake anything loose and can definitely say ...this lift rocks! Flex's like crazy for a short arm and runs nice and smooth at 80mph cruisin down the interstate...:thumb:

I can also say that the nitto's kicked ass in the rocks and are not as loud as the km2's ( new condition anyway). Didnt seem to chunk as quick as the km2's either. Ran a little rougher than the km2's at same psi (30) on the road...but just barely.

Thanks to MTG and other forum members for the suggestions!
IMG_1104 (640x427).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1273 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_1273 (640x427).jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 726

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looking great! Let me know how your wheels hold up. I was looking at those last January but they were impossible to find.

FoxC

Looking great! Let me know how your wheels hold up. I was looking at those last January but they were impossible to find.

DTD had to order them. took a week longer to get them, but thats really not that bad. They have a few rock dings in them now:doh:, but thats just part of the game :yup: Overall, i'm happy with them as far as finish and they look great.

Donny

FoxC,

Can I ask how TALL your rig is? Will it fit into a standard 7' garage with breaking things? and who makes your tire carrier?

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
FoxC,

Can I ask how TALL your rig is? Will it fit into a standard 7' garage with breaking things? and who makes your tire carrier?

Donny

LOL!! i would hope he could. we can still fit our white JK sitting on 40's in a 7' garage - measures 6'-10" to its highest point :yup:

Donny

FoxC,
How much did it cost you to get the tabs and sliders welded...and is the flip kit a must for a 2013?

The Enforcer Kits intrigues me. But I have no welding skills.

37's on a Dana30? Have you done any strengthening to it or regearing?

Donny

Last edited:

FoxC

No problems fitting into my 7' garage...a little room to spare.

Overlanderjk is correct...tire carrier is from GenRight.

Adams Drive Shaft here in henderson welded my sliders on. If I remeber right, I think it was about 75 bucks for welding the sliders. It shouldnt take a good shop more than an hour to burn them in. I installed the skins. Those nutserts will drive you mad though...:crazyeyes:

MTG put me onto the enforcer kit...and I'm glad he did. I'm running the 4" coils, and yes, 37's on a D30. The D30 has had gussets added but thats it. I have done some pretty good trails out here with that setup. But....and there is always a but, I understand that this luck will not last long and have been budgeting for a PR44 swap...sooner than later.

Go easy on the skinny pedal and choose your lines wisely and the d30 will be ok for a while.

I went ahead and re-geared to 4.88. I wanted to hold off until I was ready to do the pr44 swap but even after using a procal to reset the shift points I kept throwing engine lights which turned out to be mapping errors. Probably related to running 37's on 3.73's. It really didnt drive too bad but milage was down to around 12-13mpg average. The 4.88's are almost perfect...a little low for the highway, but spot on for in town and on the trail. My average has already jumped back up to around 16-17mpg with mainly in town driving. I'm not on the highway very often.

As for the draglink flip...It's worth every cent and then some. It makes a huge difference for a daily driver. Your steering will feel as good as stock. I think you need to run 3"s or more lift to gain enough clearance to run the flip though.

Give the guys at EVO a call and they will get you any and all info needed about their kits.

Last edited:

Donny

FoxC,

Thanks! are the 37's that much better on the trail or you just had to go 37's cuz you could? When you do the PR44 will you gear to 5.13 or 5.38?
I realize things are relative but how many miles do folks get on 35's and 37's before they need changed?

Donny

FoxC

Here's a current pic from today taken out here by Boulder City on Mesa Point. The lift has settled some what from the beginning...in a good way. I was over 4"s of lift but now I'm down to right under 4"s. My rig is on the light side with the genright stubby and not running a bumper in the rear so that has contributed to a slightly higher ride height in the beginning. I think it has a good stance now sitting nice and flat. Cant say enough good things about the EVO lift.
IMG_20121125_102929 (640x480).jpg

FoxC

FoxC,

Thanks! are the 37's that much better on the trail or you just had to go 37's cuz you could? When you do the PR44 will you gear to 5.13 or 5.38?
I realize things are relative but how many miles do folks get on 35's and 37's before they need changed?

Donny
I started off with 315's (more like a 34) and a 2.5 lift. It was capable, but I was not getting the clearance I found myself needing on some of the rocks out here. The extra lift and the 37's were a major improvement...major! If you can swing it and want to get out in the rocks, I highly reccommend the move to 37's. It is a sustantial increase in cost to do correctly though.
I will stay with 4.88's. Not only does the ring and pinion start to get a bit small with 5.13's in relation to tooth contact/strength, I also believe they would be too low for the highway at speeds over 65mph. 5.13's were probably the ticket for the 3.8/4speed auto, but 4.88 seems to be a good spot for the 3.6/5 speed auto. If you do a lot of highway miles the 4.56 gears would probably be good as well.

Donny

I think thats my major problem...I can't afford to do it all in one fell swoop. If I do my Enforcer 4" and get a set of XD Wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Mud or Trails I think they will look small and I feel like I would have a high COG. But I could run that for a year or two and then move into a PR44 front with a regear to the rear and slap on 37's...

Probably the smartest way to go now that I've read what I wrote...

Do you like your Genright stuff? Aluminium or steel? and Why not the EVO front and Carrier? Those where the two I've been leaning towards...Poison spyder and LoD appeal to me as well....

Thanks for all help though...

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
I think thats my major problem...I can't afford to do it all in one fell swoop. If I do my Enforcer 4" and get a set of XD Wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Mud or Trails I think they will look small and I feel like I would have a high COG. But I could run that for a year or two and then move into a PR44 front with a regear to the rear and slap on 37's...

Probably the smartest way to go now that I've read what I wrote...

Do you like your Genright stuff? Aluminium or steel? and Why not the EVO front and Carrier? Those where the two I've been leaning towards...Poison spyder and LoD appeal to me as well....

Thanks for all help though...

Donny

Donny. The 4" Enforcer is meant to be ran with 35s or 37s. I ran it with 35s at first. Just run it with your stock fenders and looks great!

image-202763134.jpg

image-3637682241.jpg

Donny

MTG...Nice pics:yup:

EVO front sliders with the LOD carrier how do you like that set up? Anything you would have done different?

Did you have to have anything welded for the Enforcer package? and did you use Blistien or King shocks?

In the NOTES for the Enforcer they mention something about "Aftermarket CV drivelines are recommended" whats that?

Donny

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
1BAMFR said:
What EVO kit would be the "step up" from the Enforcer kit?

I don't think there isn't really a kit. But it terms of cost and performance perhaps the bolt-on coilovers which could be ran the enforcer "kit" minus shocks and coils or an upgrade to their long arms?

FoxC

X2 what MTG stated. Try and find some 17x9 wheels and 35's on a enforcer 4". Dont chop your fenders until you make the swap to 37's.

I have always liked genright product. Price was good and the product was as expected. I chose steel since it will hold up a bit better. Both front and rear were an easy install.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
MTG...Nice pics:yup:

EVO front sliders with the LOD carrier how do you like that set up? Anything you would have done different?

Did you have to have anything welded for the Enforcer package? and did you use Blistien or King shocks?

In the NOTES for the Enforcer they mention something about "Aftermarket CV drivelines are recommended" whats that?

Donny

This picture is with ACE sliders and 315s Duratracs. I now have EVO sliders and 37s. So I would have done that differently. ;) I might consider going with the EVO carrier and bumperless.

You don't have to have anything welded, but it's recommended to have the rear track bar bracket welded. If your having the sliders burned on this will only take an extra few minutes.

I have the King 2.5" reservoir shocks. Love them!

Front driveshaft is probably needed sooner rather than later on a 4 door. If you don't do it you will need some sort of exhaust spacer on the 2012+ to clear the exhaust crossover.

Top Bottom