GraniteCrystal build thread

Benito

Caught the Bug
I'm color matching the Granite Crystal which apparently jacks the price way up.

It’s probably because of the crystal, from my limited experience with powder coating, crystal/candy powder colors are a 2-step coating. The powder color sample i received was a match to Gobi but it isn’t something that was custom made by the powder manufacturer to match Gobi, went with it.

GraniteCrystal

Anybody seen your doors bent like this? It's on both sides, front doors. No idea how it happened. I've been working on installing the RockHard cage, but don't see how this could've happened.

IMG_20171228_104914.jpg

IMG_20171228_105133.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Yes, but they've been like that since I bought it, so I don't know why.

Looks like it's time for half doors. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Hmm...I guess glad I'm not the only one?
Nice! I need to get creative with my molle on my bartact seat covers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Firestarter, power cell, flashlight, Leatherman, paracord, folding bone saw, 3 radios, emergency blanket, pocket Jumper, miscellaneous cords to charge devices all on there currently.

Wil be adding a headlamp, a race radio, probably something to attach the CB to when in use, and a few other items.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Anybody seen your doors bent like this? It's on both sides, front doors. No idea how it happened. I've been working on installing the RockHard cage, but don't see how this could've happened.

What does the bottom hinge look like? Maybe they weren’t all the way down, hinge to hinge, and then you closed the door?

aermid

Do you store them on hinge hangers when the doors are off? Mine have not done this but I also store them flat

Something like this I could see maybe causing that?
Image1514506185.730645.jpg
--Erin

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Up to this point, almost all the modifications have been to the exterior of the Jeep. Suspension, wheels, tires, bumpers, etc.

2018 is the year of the interior. Rockhard sport cage already in progress. Here is a list of some more things:

Race radio
Tailgate table
Molle storage
Survival gear
Organize the interior, add built in storage

Activity goals for 2018:
Figure out a way to get to KOH
Plan my Colorado BDR trip
Attend Texas Exodus 2018
Camp in the Jeep more
Solo multi-day overnight trip
Improve my photography skills

And something new I'm working on:
IMG_20171231_152536.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Up to this point, almost all the modifications have been to the exterior of the Jeep. Suspension, wheels, tires, bumpers, etc.

2018 is the year of the interior. Rockhard sport cage already in progress. Here is a list of some more things:

Race radio
Tailgate table
Molle storage
Survival gear
Organize the interior, add built in storage

Activity goals for 2018:
Figure out a way to get to KOH
Plan my Colorado BDR trip
Attend Texas Exodus 2018
Camp in the Jeep more
Solo multi-day overnight trip
Improve my photography skills

And something new I'm working on:
View attachment 287954

Is that to make your JK wheelchair accessible?

Top Bottom