GraniteCrystal build thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A few updates...

First, looks like the passenger side motor mount may have excessive movement in it and that's causing the growling sound/feel at 3k RPM. Calling dealership tomorrow to have them fix it under warranty.

Second, I got my driveshaft back today and reinstalled. Evo skids won't go back on till dealership does warranty work.

Third, I took a pic with a rainbow

Be totally lame if that was in fact what it is but a bad motor mount would cause vibrations. But, be good to finally be able to get it fixed.

Nice shot of your jeep BTW.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks everyone.

Fun fact: motor mounts are not covered by power train warranty. Ugh. Trying to decide what to do now.

That really blows. You can totally do that yourself. Especially since you have the evo pan skid. As far as mounts, definitely go Mopar. I've found OEM mounts last way longer than aftermarket, Or just leave it until it gets worse. How much play does it have?

GraniteCrystal

That really blows. You can totally do that yourself. Especially since you have the evo pan skid. As far as mounts, definitely go Mopar. I've found OEM mounts last way longer than aftermarket, Or just leave it until it gets worse. How much play does it have?
You think I could do it? How does the skid play into it? Do I need an engine dolly to support it while swapping out the mount?

It moves enough that when you put a pry bar in and wiggle it a bit, the whole engine moves left to right.

f14framer

Haven't looked at evo skid, but if it is steel and attached to engine you should be able to use a piece of plywood to distribute weight on it and use floor jack to support engine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
You think I could do it? How does the skid play into it? Do I need an engine dolly to support it while swapping out the mount?

It moves enough that when you put a pry bar in and wiggle it a bit, the whole engine moves left to right.

Haven't looked at evo skid, but if it is steel and attached to engine you should be able to use a piece of plywood to distribute weight on it and use floor jack to support engine.

Exactly. Just hold the engine up on the skid and you won't have to worry about denting/cracking the pan. Then get the old mount out and new mount in.

WJCO

Meme King
Looked into an extended warranty. Quote was $249 down and then 24 payments of $195 for a grand total of $4925. Yeah, I think I'll pass.

The good ones aren't cheap. If you do get one, make sure you read the contract and understand what you're buying so there are no surprises when it's repair time.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Looked into an extended warranty. Quote was $249 down and then 24 payments of $195 for a grand total of $4925. Yeah, I think I'll pass.

I bought my extended warranty at the same time while buying the jeep. I got the Chrysler extended warranty, I've been told by my service guy (who is really cool with honoring my warranty and not giving me tough time about any mods) that Chrysler warranty is the best one to get.
I paid $2000 which was included in my loan. So far I used it to replace front axle seals and a leaking oil filter adapter, it probably paid for itself just with those two repairs.

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
You really have to be careful on those extended warranty deals. I've been told that all these companies always demand pictures, and if they see anything has been modified on your vehicle form his pictures they will immediately stop the work in progress and send out an inspector. They will find any reason not to make the repair for you.
At this point you are probably best of just getting dirty, investing in new tools and getting stuff done yourself as much as you can.

Top Bottom