GraniteCrystal build thread

BobNH

Congrats on the install. How far did you air down and how long did it take you to air up?

Also, a simple trick (which I'm sure you already figured out), when you're done airing up, turn off the compressor switch, then press the valve on the air chuck to let the air out of the end of the hose, then pull the male fitting out of the compressor, flops right out.
But going for height and/or distance is waaaaaay more fun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
Tonight I did something I've never done before: put air in my own tires.

It was amazing.

Dealing with the whole battery situation delayed me a day or so but now that a new one is ordered, I cleaned up all the wiring tonight and bolted the seat back down. Runs like a champ. Nearly took a window out taking off the chuck when I didn't realize it was pressurized. Need to buy a few more attachments for it but so excited to not have to plan trips around towns to air up in. I'll post pics tomorrow once it's light outside.

Isn't it amazing how convenient it is? I use mine all the time. My shop compressor sits unused most of the time now. Bikes, Tractors, Quad, footballs, we use the Jeep for all that stuff now. I even blow up peoples tires in parking lots. I picked up one of those blue coiled hoses from Home Depot and use it with an ARB hose inflator with the gauge on it and leave it in the Jeep at all times.

Also, a simple trick (which I'm sure you already figured out), when you're done airing up, turn off the compressor switch, then press the valve on the air chuck to let the air out of the end of the hose, then pull the male fitting out of the compressor, flops right out.

:cheesy: I'm guilty of doing that the first time I used the compressor. Shoulda known better after having used compressors for like 35 years. :crazyeyes: Blows the shit outta your eardrums too!

GraniteCrystal

Congrats on the install. How far did you air down and how long did it take you to air up?

Haven't done a full test, just put a little air into one.
But going for height and/or distance is waaaaaay more fun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm sure that this will devolve into some sort of competition among my boys someday

Isn't it amazing how convenient it is? I use mine all the time. My shop compressor sits unused most of the time now. Bikes, Tractors, Quad, footballs, we use the Jeep for all that stuff now. I even blow up peoples tires in parking lots. I picked up one of those blue coiled hoses from Home Depot and use it with an ARB hose inflator with the gauge on it and leave it in the Jeep at all times.

:cheesy: I'm guilty of doing that the first time I used the compressor. Shoulda known better after having used compressors for like 35 years. :crazyeyes: Blows the shit outta your eardrums too!

Yeah, I'm really excited to have it. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who screwed it up the first time.

WJCO

Meme King

Yeah, I'm really excited to have it. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who screwed it up the first time.

Lol. I did it too. And my wife did it on hers too. Scared the shit out of her. She went to remove it before I had a chance to tell her, lol.

GraniteCrystal

Putting new battery in. Ran into no issue. This little part wasn't on its stand. But now when I mount it as it looks like it should, the hood won't close all the way. Can someone throw up pics of what theirs looks like? I've pushed it down as far it it wants to go

IMG_20170806_135549.jpg

IMG_20170806_135555.jpg

IMG_20170806_135612.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom