Help me choose my new half/tube doors!

Napalm

Since I have a rear cargo net I think I'm gonna run dirty dog netting when I get mine this summer. Anyone have any experience with those?

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I originally was going to go with the dirty dog netting but the SpiderWebShade has a better warranty(5yrs vs 1yr) and is American made. Plus I just liked the fact that SpiderWebShade specifically makes these skins for these doors exclusively.

The Dirty Dogs are about 85 bucks cheaper though!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I originally was going to go with the dirty dog netting but the SpiderWebShade has a better warranty(5yrs vs 1yr) and is American made. Plus I just liked the fact that SpiderWebShade specifically makes these skins for these doors exclusively.

The Dirty Dogs are about 85 bucks cheaper though!

That's a pretty good warranty. I'm gonna have to consider that. Thanks for the info

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Quoted from my build thread!

Two years ago I had a thought that having half doors might be cool. I thought it would be cool to have a place to rest your arm as well as maybe block out some of the wind. Well, today I am thrilled to say that my dream from so long ago has become a reality and is so much better than I anticipated! :)

I was always planning on going with the Bestop Soft doors as they have the look of a full half door without the cost. To be frank though, I've heard they are just poorly made and crappy. I considered other Tube doors but never considered the Rancho ROCKgears as they were out of my budget. Well, after biting the bullet and spending the extra money, I can say it's worth every penny.

The Rancho ROCKGear Tube doors are strong, study, and feel as if they are made to last. They show great quality and I can tell every time I set my hand on them, they are truly a great set of doors. Pair these with the SpiderWebShade skins and you have a match made in half door heaven. These shades fit tight, block wind, and have a FIVE year warranty.

The install went pretty well and took me about 3.5 hours. I did take my time because I made quite a few adjustments. Here are a few snags/things I ran into:

- I could not get the rear doors to latch properly. All seemed like they did not fit and I had about given up when I figured out... they were on the wrong sides of the Jeep. (Face palm)

-the Rancho doors require you to drill your own hole to mount a rubber bushing to control rattling. I hated drilling into a $700 set of doors that I just bought, but it went okay other than having to re-drill two of the holes due to the door rattling with the current bushing placement and needing adjustment. Used Gorilla tape to cover the extra holes, will try and find some sort of plug that'll fit 5/32s. Any suggestions?

- one of the said rubber bushings tore apart while mounting in its hole. Will contact Rancho about this for a replacement bushing.

All and all, I am still in disbelief that Steel is finally running a set of half doors. It hasn't set it yet! What I can say is, I took it for a quick test drive around the block, and I did not want to stop driving in it. The doors cut the wind and make running doorless much more enjoyable for me!

Thanks for reading :)

Oh yeah.. pictures!

Here are a few shots of the Rancho ROCKGear Tube doors without the SpiderWeb Skins!
View attachment 258470
View attachment 258471
And now, what we've all been waiting for :)
View attachment 258473
View attachment 258474
View attachment 258475
View attachment 258476
View attachment 258477
View attachment 258478 View attachment 258479
Here are a few shots to show how they look from the inside
View attachment 258480
View attachment 258481

Top Bottom