Help spending money on my JKU

mastrcruse

I have about $500 to spend from Christmas and want to make sure I make the best of it. I plan on doing more off-roading this year and think my rig lacks some things. My thoughts are below.

Package 1
evo protek skids $400---can't use fully until I get a new driveshaft? Have exhaust extension in
Instantairsupply.com oba 10# kit $200.00

Package 2
Powertank 10# package $500

Package 3
Springtail solutions rear cargo racks $300
Instantairsupply.com 10# kit 200.00

Package 4
Mopar 10A hood kit $650

Package 5
Pro rock 44 fromt fund

Package 6
Pro rock 60 front fund

Package 7
Rear 4.88 gears and locker fund or prorck 60 rear fund

Package 8
exp 1 rear bumper fund

Package 9
Any other evo armor??

Package 10
POison spyder front fenders

Package 11
You tell me how to spend $500-700

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you wanna go wheeling, rocker guards are what I would invest in if you don't already have them. Next up would be the protek skids if you have an auto.

Coloradan

I agree with the skids and the rocker guards for sheer practicality. True you can't fully utilize your skids until you ditch the exhaust spacers (I have the same problem) but the underside protection is where I'd spend my money. If you are looking for what will make the biggest aesthetic difference, I like the 10A hood idea!

mastrcruse

I have the jcr sliders and they've done a great job so far. By rocker guards, do you mean the plates or the sliders? I was thinking I could get the PSC rocker guards and the protek but that still leaves no way to air up.

With the protek stuff, I wouldn't be able to use some of the pieces until I bought a new driveshaft is that correct? --didn't see the response until after posting..thanks!

Also, I have a way to air down but not up which is why I'm thinking co2.

Last edited:

Coloradan

I have the jcr sliders and they've done a great job so far. By rocker guards, do you mean the plates or the sliders? I was thinking I could get the PSC rocker guards and the protek but that still leaves no way to air up.

With the protek stuff, I wouldn't be able to use some of the pieces until I bought a new driveshaft is that correct? --didn't see the response until after posting..thanks!

As far as the Protek skids, you can use the oil pan skid and the transmission skid, but with the exhaust spacers you will most likely not be able to use the crossmember skid. My exhaust hangs down below the crossmember so I can't use that skid. You can see in this picture that the oil pan and transmission are protected though without the full system. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419616055.334002.jpg

mastrcruse

To bad 4wd doesn't distribute evo. I have $200 to 4wd. So thinking ill get PSC rocker guards from them and evo skids from someone else.

mastrcruse

Thanks. I've got JCR Classic Rock sliders and I really like the quality of them. So I would just need the skins I think.

Trail JK

Since you have sliders and skids, I'd spend the money on a cb-if you don't already have one then a way to air up then a winch.

mastrcruse

I have sliders but don't have the rocker skins. Are these something I should invest in?

Just got a CB for Christmas and have my zeon winch. Sounds like I'm coming to a point where the proteks are next, flat fenders or other body armor (maybe) and start building up axles.

Trail JK

I have sliders but don't have the rocker skins. Are these something I should invest in?

Just got a CB for Christmas and have my zeon winch. Sounds like I'm coming to a point where the proteks are next, flat fenders or other body armor (maybe) and start building up axles.

Congrats on the Christmas gift that will make your group runs a lot nicer.

In that case I'd go air compressor, lift, front driveshaft, flip kit, wheels, rear tire carrier, cut fenders, cage, skins.

I might be confused about your current skids if the proteks are giving you coverage you don't already have then I'd put them at the top of the list for sure.

mastrcruse

Thanks for the tips.

Currently I'm on the RK X factor kit
325/65-18 duratracs
18" rugged ridge wheels
Zeon
Brawler lite front bumper
Cobra CB

My goal would to be able to run 37s-38's comfortably without having to worry about blowing it up since I DD my jeep. Although I might never get the opportunity, I'd like to start setting my rig up to possibly participate in the JK experience. So that's the goal I have in mind and am trying to figure out the steps to get there without having to redo a lot of things along the way.

I have a sport so Ive got a ways to go but want to start going toward that goal. With that being said, Id like yalls help with a game plan. Maybe I should start another thread about it.

mastrcruse

Would a JE Reel 1350 driveshaft with canyon crawler option or evo skid plate kit be a better investment? In the future I want to upgrade to either a PR44 or a dana performance 60 so hard hoepfully itd work with those applications.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Would a JE Reel 1350 driveshaft with canyon crawler option or evo skid plate kit be a better investment? In the future I want to upgrade to either a PR44 or a dana performance 60 so hard hoepfully itd work with those applications.

i would do the skids first. if your stock DS fails you can always find someone giving one away for free or really cheap on here.

mastrcruse

Cool thanks!

So I'll get the skids. For air up capabilities, should I go with a powertank or get an ARB compressor? I would like to get both for lockers but not sure which one might be the best to get first...leaning toward powertank.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cool thanks!

So I'll get the skids. For air up capabilities, should I go with a powertank or get an ARB compressor? I would like to get both for lockers but not sure which one might be the best to get first...leaning toward powertank.

ARB. it will be easier to run your lockers off of it and be able to fill up your tires at the same time. also you dont have to worry about having to fill up the tank or run out of air while filling your tires.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Top Bottom