Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Why do you have to swap out the EVO trackbar bracket?

Supposedly not at strong than the synergy. I think maybe cuz it's 2 pieces vs one but who really knows. I mean I'd weld it up anyway for that install but still.

[=GregMort13;684221]I believe he was told the evo cant handle a ram[/QUOTE]

Yeah the one we don't talk about and also trail jeeps said the evo bracket wasn't strong with a ram.

I was googling a lot today and noticed a decent amount of pics where the ram was welded on tabs of either the diff cover or also right next to the diff on the axle tube itself which had me curious about maybe Doing an axle mount so backwards from the typical mounts in the way the ram moves, but seems like it would work to me?

Well after getting some numbers from Trail jeeps, I will be going hydro assist very soon. Sucks I need to swap out the evo trackbar bracket but oh well thats easy enough to do. Also think I will be going to the ruffstuff tie rod since its a good deal and should be alot stronger than stock.

Hopefully there is no issues with the steering box that I got from my friend.

I ran a hydro assist on my last rig with the EVO trackbar bracket without any issues.....

X2

Looking to do the same and just installed an EVO bracket. Don't want to replace it already.

x3. I'm hoping to DIY ram assist sometime in the future and was planning on using the EVO flipkit, but I guess if the Synergy one is already set up for that... :hmm:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So I finally installed the rock lights I got a while back .... Did I take any pics? Of course I didn't. Hope they look decent at night, need to redo the under hood wiring another day when I feel like making it look even better going to the spod

dchew

Caught the Bug
Here's one way to do the Evo bracket with a hydro. I had the mount tabs on a std PSC plate so I just cut up the plate smaller and welded it onto the front face of the EVO bracket. Worked fine, at least until my tie rod got a big frown.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461062216.524108.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well at 4045 miles, I finally took it over to the dealer on my lunch break for an oil change. Computer said I still had 35% oil left but figured it was a good time to have it done before the summer and out next wheeling trip being that it was still the oil from the factory.

Guy goes "You know it has a cel right?"
Me: Oh yeah I know I think its the evap can or something it comes and goes
Guy: Yeah prolly cuz of all the aftermarket

I should have really played stupid and kept this going....maybe next time.

This does have me thinking tho, and I still do think its actually the evap seeing as I broke the clips when I took the skid down the 2nd time to make the exhaust work (did the zip tie mod) but the cel will come on after a few days. On the other side tho, my gas cap fits kinda weird after doing the rear skins and its a tight fit so maybe that is also throwing the code. I need to buy another scanner and wait a few days to see what it is again.

scull20

Well at 4045 miles, I finally took it over to the dealer on my lunch break for an oil change. Computer said I still had 35% oil left but figured it was a good time to have it done before the summer and out next wheeling trip being that it was still the oil from the factory.

Guy goes "You know it has a cel right?"
Me: Oh yeah I know I think its the evap can or something it comes and goes
Guy: Yeah prolly cuz of all the aftermarket

I should have really played stupid and kept this going....maybe next time.

This does have me thinking tho, and I still do think its actually the evap seeing as I broke the clips when I took the skid down the 2nd time to make the exhaust work (did the zip tie mod) but the cel will come on after a few days. On the other side tho, my gas cap fits kinda weird after doing the rear skins and its a tight fit so maybe that is also throwing the code. I need to buy another scanner and wait a few days to see what it is again.

I'll have my scanner with me at Rausch if you want to give it a shot before you buy anything.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If I remember to not clear the light again with the procal I will take you up on that offer. I had a scanner I got from harbor freight that worked really well, but ended up giving it away with a vehicle I sold due to a light that would come on for it (exhaust related) to ease their minds. I had been planning on getting another one but keep forgetting.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Supposedly not at strong than the synergy. I think maybe cuz it's 2 pieces vs one but who really knows. I mean I'd weld it up anyway for that install but still.

I believe he was told the evo cant handle a ram

Yeah the one we don't talk about and also trail jeeps said the evo bracket wasn't strong with a ram.

I was googling a lot today and noticed a decent amount of pics where the ram was welded on tabs of either the diff cover or also right next to the diff on the axle tube itself which had me curious about maybe Doing an axle mount so backwards from the typical mounts in the way the ram moves, but seems like it would work to me?

It's funny, Mel just posted a video on IG where he's talking about mounting a ram onto the tie rod really isn't the best idea. Even if the tie rod doesn't bend, vibration from a rock hit can be enough to bend the shaft and cause a need for replacement of the ram itself. He prefers the way you see it mounted on the D60 where it's fixed to the axle tube and then to the knuckle. This prevents any chance of fault. Of course he runs a kingpin and high steer with that too so the cost may be tough to justify on a stock axle.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It's funny, Mel just posted a video on IG where he's talking about mounting a ram onto the tie rod really isn't the best idea. Even if the tie rod doesn't bend, vibration from a rock hit can be enough to bend the shaft and cause a need for replacement of the ram itself. He prefers the way you see it mounted on the D60 where it's fixed to the axle tube and then to the knuckle. This prevents any chance of fault. Of course he runs a kingpin and high steer with that too so the cost may be tough to justify on a stock axle.

I wonder how he would go about it on a stock axle. I was wondering also why he cut the video short.

Top Bottom