Hinrichs build

kornchip

thats an awesome set up! I like where you set up your switches. Is that a giant stuffed animal in the back? haha

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
thats an awesome set up! I like where you set up your switches. Is that a giant stuffed animal in the back? haha

It's jake, from the cartoon "adventure time"

Had to order a new cb cable today, when trying to reroute it, I got it stuck bad and ripped the end off by accident.

Attachments

• image-2682530315.jpg
    image-2682530315.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 319

Jiffy05

I don't know if you have truck stop near you but that would have been easier to get a new coax cable for your cb.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I don't know if you have truck stop near you but that would have been easier to get a new coax cable for your cb.

There are some not too far away, but not sure which one has more accessories than the other. Its been years since I have been at the good ones. Ill remember it for next time I do this.

I probably could have saved the cable, but removing half of the sport cage was not something I wanted to do. I almost had it out, but it wedged itself in good.

Jiffy05

There are some not too far away, but not sure which one has more accessories than the other. Its been years since I have been at the good ones. Ill remember it for next time I do this.

I probably could have saved the cable, but removing half of the sport cage was not something I wanted to do. I almost had it out, but it wedged itself in good.

I would rather just spend the few dollars again on the new cable instead of removing half the cage also.

I know when I broke the end off my cable a week ago I went to a cb shop and they were assholes to me until I brought my jeep out there. After that they wanted to be all chatty Cathy with me. I just ended up getting the cable from a petro station after that place.

kornchip

I would rather just spend the few dollars again on the new cable instead of removing half the cage also.

I know when I broke the end off my cable a week ago I went to a cb shop and they were assholes to me until I brought my jeep out there. After that they wanted to be all chatty Cathy with me. I just ended up getting the cable from a petro station after that place.

Good for you brother. Serves them right for them not giving good service to everyone who walks in the door. :thumb:

What CB shop was it? Im not to far from you.

texasdave

Cb mounted, antenna is short now so need to figure out how to get some extra cable work extend it.

Anyone have some good pics of how they mounted their gear keeper for the mic?

I saw a pic of Moby in the Do it yourself installs for the Mastercraft seats that kind of shows a pic. LOL. I looks like he has the cable zip tied to the right side, then the gear keeper is above the cb on the left side. Hope this helps a little at least.

And also in the Rock Hard Sport Cage install there is a good pic.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I saw a pic of Moby in the Do it yourself installs for the Mastercraft seats that kind of shows a pic. LOL. I looks like he has the cable zip tied to the right side, then the gear keeper is above the cb on the left side. Hope this helps a little at least.

And also in the Rock Hard Sport Cage install there is a good pic.

this one?

main.php

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
yeah thats the side i needed to see, still wonder what he used to clip the keeper onto the cage tho.

Looks to be the piece coming off the top of the Gear keeper has a carabiner type clip attached to a metal ring on a strap that's rapped around the rollbar.....if that makes any sense LOL

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looks to be the piece coming off the top of the Gear keeper has a carabiner type clip attached to a metal ring on a strap that's rapped around the rollbar.....if that makes any sense LOL

~Woodrow~

it does, but where to get one is the real question lol.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You could pick up a velcro strap at any WalMart or other big box store. Just thread the strap through a cheap d-ring (or even the circle ring off an extra set of keys) and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom