Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You could pick up a velcro strap at any WalMart or other big box store. Just thread the strap through a cheap d-ring (or even the circle ring off an extra set of keys) and you should be good to go.

ill have to stop somewhere on my way home, thanks
The hanging things are for coat hangers. But should work for a gear keeper as well. Nice looking rig. :thumb:

found the oem thing, too big for the small gear keeper clip to fit.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ended up with this for the mic and I'm happy with it for now

Attachments

• image-2783163529.jpg
    image-2783163529.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 404

Hack12

Ended up with this for the mic and I'm happy with it for now

Very nice! I like the decal on the dash too. I can't, for the life of me, get anything sticky to stay on the older interior dash plastic. It almost feels like it's coated in some kind of Clark W. Griswold non-nutritive cereal varnish!

JKUx

I like all the detail work your putting into your rig, very nice👍; as always thanks for sharing the progress!🍺

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Let me know what you figure out. I have been meaning to address this issue also. Since we have the exact same setup, you may beat me to it. I almost got the same gear keeper.

If the keeper kept the mic higher or closer, I think it would work, but the way I have it mounted now should be perfect for me I think.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
im sure ill end up just getting the rugged ridge ones, but keep seeing reviews that the uppers leak. If I was out west where id like to live, I wouldnt worry about the ocasional leak, but it rains too much here to have any more leaks.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Going to clean them up more when I cut my stock flares, also need to repaint the wells since the undercoating I used is flaking off now

Attachments

• image-3838547439.jpg
    image-3838547439.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 363
  • image-2261933043.jpg
    image-2261933043.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 359

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Not part of my build per say, but added this little girl to my world today

Attachments

• image-2701260787.jpg