Hood fluter

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm just waiting for mine to break every time I drive by a tractor trailer. I've been thinking about some aftermarkets. Can you guys show pics of yours?

Salty1

I went with the Rugged Ridge, they are very well built and took all the flutter away

YettiHoodLatch_zps20044094.jpg
[/IMG]

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Drakes, expensive but nice

Attachments

• image-2810436898.jpg
    image-2810436898.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 187
  • image-3244625554.jpg
    image-3244625554.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 188

GCM 2

I went with the Rugged Ridge, they are very well built and took all the flutter away

YettiHoodLatch_zps20044094.jpg
[/IMG]

I gotta say that although the Drake's are cool, these Rugged Ridge look much better and seem to be what the factory should have done all along.

jesse3638

Hooked
Cheap and easy way to get rid of good flutter is to remove the good spring. A few if my fellow mischievous Wayalife buddies removed mine for me (unbeknownst to me at the time) and I have zero flutter.......

HAHA I know who did it! But I was actually wondering if this would solve the problem, now I know.

I'm running a set of Rampage hood locks and they work pretty good. Most of my hood flutter went away after I added a light bar/grill guard to my bumper though. Now the whole Jeep flutters when I'm behind a truck,lol.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Elusive

another totally satisfied proponent of removing the hood spring. Jeep does 90 easy with no flutter.

GCM 2

Cheap and easy way to get rid of good flutter is to remove the good spring. A few if my fellow mischievous Wayalife buddies removed mine for me (unbeknownst to me at the time) and I have zero flutter.......

another totally satisfied proponent of removing the hood spring. Jeep does 90 easy with no flutter.

I have learned something new today, thank you my friends :thumb: This has never even occurred to me to do this modification.....but how will I know when I'm going to break through the sound barrier?

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
95mph? Psh .... I would not go that fast in my jeep only because not enough straight away in colorado. I'm to heavy to out run a cop and to heavy to slow down in time. Time to buy a rocket engine with reverse thrusters I guess;)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I went with the Drakes. I like their pseudo-racing look and there is no flutter on the freeway. I'd install any of the aftermarket latches over the stockers. I don't know why Jeep puts rubber bands on in the first place. A locking gas cap would be nice to.

steve_r2

Excuse my ignorance but, can someone explain what "hood fluter" is? :thinking::idontknow:
Its when your driving along and at certain speeds or head wind you see your hood bouncing (fluttering) up and down. A bit off putting when you first experience it but plenty of easy work arounds.

Top Bottom