Hood fluter

jeeeep

Hooked
Was your safety latch also not latched? I tried like hell yesterday to get my hood to open with the safety latch still engaged, and it wouldn't. The spring's main purpose is to prop the hood up, after the outside latches are opened, to allow enough room to get your hand in to undo the safety latch. The safety latch itself has a spring on it, to keep the latch secured until pressure is placed on the release lever.

I will be watching the rubber latches however. The ones on my TJ have lasted fine since 97, but the JK ones seem more stretchy.

I thought it was! I had driven it for awhile before it did this.. guess the winds were strong enough on this day

mattman8686

So I have a JK with only 3000 miles and I drove to go wheeling on saturday. While on the way there my hood started to flutter and I freaked out but remember reading about it. Is it weird that it's happening at only 3000miles?

Paisano

Mine fluttered pretty much right away. I'm used to it now and if my hood isn't fluttering I'm not going fast enough!

jeeeep

Hooked
hood flutter has been on every Jeep tub body style I've owned since '74... happens when the wind is strong enough or when semi's would come at me on 2-lane roads I bet both of use were doing at least 70 as we passed...it's nothing abnormal since there's a lot of hood area for the wind to get under.
the surprise is when the hood lets go smacks the top of the windshield...

Top Bottom