Hunters

texasdave

Moving due to the wife's new job. Gotta stay close. Don't want her driving all over for hours just to get home. And they have really good schools for the kiddo.

Here in Arizona, big game hunting is on a lottery draw system... meaning you don't get to go every year and sometimes rarely once in 5 to 8 years for elk and popular deer areas. I put in for deer and elk every year, got drawn for Kaibab (north rim of the Grand Canyon) deer 4 years ago and go a small rack 4x4 buck with a Winchester feather weight 70 in 30-06, got drawn for archery elk this year and got a nice medium rack 6x6 bull 3 weeks ago NW of Flagstaff with a PSE compound bow... big in body size as in over 300 + pounds of meat in the freezer!
photo 20.JPG
photo 30.JPG :yup:

Here in Arizona, big game hunting is on a lottery draw system... meaning you don't get to go every year and sometimes rarely once in 5 to 8 years for elk and popular deer areas. I put in for deer and elk every year, got drawn for Kaibab (north rim of the Grand Canyon) deer 4 years ago and go a small rack 4x4 buck with a Winchester feather weight 70 in 30-06, got drawn for archery elk this year and got a nice medium rack 6x6 bull 3 weeks ago NW of Flagstaff with a PSE compound bow... big in body size as in over 300 + pounds of meat in the freezer!
View attachment 54868
View attachment 54869 :yup:

On my bucket list. :yup:

TrailBear

I'm in bc, deer, bear, grouse, ducks and geese . Got two bird dogs in training so I have been hunting birds more then anything the last little while, and we still had bear from last spring, going for one in a few weeks, and hopefully a black tail as well. I shoot a tikka t3 in 300win mag for deer and bear, if it flys I use a Remington 887, or a. 10/22.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Used to hunt a lot when I lived in Oregon...mostly deer...7mm.

Haven't had time to figure out or put in for the lottery system they have in Nevada. :grayno:

David1tontj

Oregon, deer, pheasants, grouse, ducks... And I've also hunted for but never killed-elk, bear, cougar.. I just have too many hobbies anymore and hunting has kinda been pushed to the back burner.. One of my favorite times each year is when we go squirrel (sage rat) shooting in eastern oregon. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383140290.922398.jpg

For the rats I use one of three guns depending how far the shot is...
0-100 yards ruger 10/22 .22lr
100-250 yards ruger 77/17 .17hmr
250-500ish yards Winchester model 70 24" ss heavy barrel .223

For deer I mostly use my Martin jaguar bow.

For deer, elk, bear, cougar I use my Springfield a3 03. 30-06

For most of the flying things I use my Winchester super-x 12ga

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Benito

Caught the Bug
New Mexico. Been on plenty hunting trips with family but this year is my first time getting a license since NM is on the lottery system. Going out towards Silver City NM, hunting mule deer. Shooting .270 Remington Model 700. I'm going with my family again as a group 7/15 of us got a license. We all shoot different rounds, ranging from 7mm mag, 30-06, .270 mag, .308. Hopefully I'll get something.

Millerj87

Damn this turned into a good post glad a lot of the wayalife comm is also hunters! Even if you don't fill a tag nothin like bein out in nature! Probably the same as why we all have jeeps

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
SoCal, (Edwards Air Force Base)

Rem 1187 for ducks and quail on base here at Edwards AFB (ducks unlimited does an amazing job on base, limits every week since the opener)

Browning Safari Gold WSM 270 for G11 tags at Vandenberg AFB (200 miles from Edwards, but well worth the drive) got a large Doe 30 minutes into opening day.

Pig hunting is pretty bad ass as well there.

I'm originally from Iowa, SoCal is completely different than what I was used to in the Midwest. I grew up with the adage "if it runs, it rolls.... If it flies, it dies" lol

Hoyt AlphaMax 32 (gets the job done)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

OsiViper

Weapon: Red-Tailed Hawk
Game: Rabbits, Quail, and Kangaroo Rats

1377177_586003504792739_926056318_n.jpg

Last edited:

In5ane1

Alabama: bass fishing in summer, and deer/waterfowl in winter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom