I don't know if this has been started before but, what is a good trail welder ?

POOJEEP

On board welder?

Looking for opinions on the best on board welding setups, stand alone setups would work as well and may be more beneficial. Just looking for options at this time. And any experience with different setups would be appreciated. The more compact the setup the better obviously. Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Looking for opinions on the best on board welding setups, stand alone setups would work as well and may be more beneficial. Just looking for options at this time. And any experience with different setups would be appreciated. The more compact the setup the better obviously. Thanks

Merged here.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Bumping this thread: I was searching the other day for a good portable welder and one that’s close to the Hobart Trek 180. I ended up finding the Karnage welder (link below). It looks like a great trail welder for the price and under what the Trek 180 was. Just wanting to hear your guys thoughts on this. Plus to put it out there for anyone looking.

I’m in no way close to being a seasoned welder. Hell I haven’t even started teaching myself yet lol so your thoughts are appreciated.

https://karnagewelder.com

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bumping this thread: I was searching the other day for a good portable welder and one that’s close to the Hobart Trek 180. I ended up finding the Karnage welder (link below). It looks like a great trail welder for the price and under what the Trek 180 was. Just wanting to hear your guys thoughts on this. Plus to put it out there for anyone looking.

I’m in no way close to being a seasoned welder. Hell I haven’t even started teaching myself yet lol so your thoughts are appreciated.

That's what I'll be getting if and when my Hobart ever dies. Hell, I might get one anyway. :thumb:

fiend

Caught the Bug
That's what I'll be getting if and when my Hobart ever dies. Hell, I might get one anyway. :thumb:

Those look pretty cool. Do you know anyone that has one or have you seen one in action?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bullwinckle

Hooked

Oh yea it looks like a good welder and I like that it’s similar to the Hobart in that you don’t have to carry around a couple extra batteries. I mean I know I want a JT for the room but I don’t want batteries taking up space for tools and camping gear. [emoji23]

WJCO

Meme King

If they can get 24 volts in that case with sufficient amperage to weld steel, that's a nice looking product. I think price is good for what it is.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
If they can get 24 volts in that case with sufficient amperage to weld steel, that's a nice looking product. I think price is good for what it is.

Awesome thanks looks like I’ll be going with this option eventually. Have to get a few things first before. A Jeep being one of them lol

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
IMG_4538.jpg My Jeep was down at Bubbas shop for a little bit and he installed this premier power welder for me. This welder is cool! Always under the hood and ready to go, grab your cables and some stick and go to town.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom